𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 - 𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛

"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run

"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?" John asked.

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help" Sam said.

"They had a funny way of showing it," Bucky said.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record," John said, glancing at Bucky and Daphne. "No offense."

"Can I ask you a question?" Daphne said looking up at him.

"Anything," he said.

"You said Steve was like a brother to you? What does that mean if you've never met him?" she asked.

John sighed like he should have realized that was coming. "Hey, I'm sorry. It's kinda just like a figure of speech. I'm not trying to replace Steve."

"No one ever thought you could. But when you said it you didn't think about it might make other people feel? People actually related to him? Because I thought Captain America was supposed to have empathy. Humility. All the other positive qualities. Or do you think that all it takes is guts?" she asked.

John shifted in his seat as he looked at her uncomfortably. "You didn't come here with them. Can I ask you what you were doing out here?"

"No."

"Don't worry about it. She won't tell me either" Bucky mumbled.

"Do you seriously want to do this with me right now?" Daphne snapped turning to him as Sam groaned wishing he didn't pick a middle seat.

"Fine. I didn't tell you but neither did you. I had no idea you were going to be here" she said.

"I told you I was going to talk to Sam" he said.

"You didn't mention that'd be in Munich! And I mean seriously, what would you have done if I hadn't shown up?" she asked.

"You came alone! What, were you going to beat eight Super Soldiers by yourself?" he asked.

"I didn't know they'd be Super Soldiers. And I was doing great until these two jackoffs showed up" she said.

"Hey, I got mad respect for both of y'all. But you were kinda getting your asses kicked til we showed up" Lemar laughed.

"You don't talk about her like that. Who the hell are you?" Bucky asked, glaring at him.

"Lemar Hoskins."

"Look, I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins," Sam said.

"I'm Battlestar. John's partner" he said.

"Battlestar?" Daphne scoffed.

"Stop the car!" Bucky shouted as they came to a rolling stop.

Bucky stood up, hopping out of the truck before he held out his hand, helping Daphne out.