𝘴 𝘦 𝘷 𝘦 𝘯 𝘵 𝘦 𝘦 𝘯

Sitting in the back of the S

Sitting in the back of the S.H.I.E.L.D. van, Daphne had her hands bound, an overwhelming sinking feeling taking over her whole body.

Steve sat next to her, his own hands bound while Sam and Natasha were sitting across from them. Two agents sat at the front.

"It was him. He looked right at us like he had no idea who we were" Steve said.

"How is that even possible? It was like, 70 years ago" Sam said.

"Zola" Daphne mumbled, her voice shaky like she was about to cry. "When I was first taken by them, they did all kinds of experiments on me. They used some type of electroshock to alter my memories. To make me think I was one of them. I nearly killed Steve, I couldn't remember him. When Bucky's unit was captured Zola also experimented on him. It must've helped him survive the fall."

"He survived. He survived and I just-"

"It's not your fault," Steve said.

"How is not? I had him, Steve! I could have save but I-"

"You didn't do anything. That was HYDRA that stopped you" he said.

"But this whole time, 70 years! Bucky was alive and he was with them and look what they did to him! We didn't even look for him!" she exclaimed, tears falling down her face.

"You couldn't have known he was gonna survive a fall like that," Nat said.

"He would've looked for us," Daphne said, shaking her head. "If it was the other way around he would've never stopped looking for us."

"Daphne's right" Steve sighed. "Even when we had nothing we had Bucky."

Daphne leaned her head back on the van's walls, her entire existence feeling like it was being pulled apart again. All she knew at that moment was that she needed to find him. And she needed to save him.

Sam looked over at the wound on Nat's shoulder, still bleeding out. "We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck" he said to the agents.

One of them held out the electrical wand, threatening him with it before turning it on the other agent. All of them watched as they kicked out, knocking the agent out before pulling their helmet off.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain" Agent Hill said, hiding as one that agents before glancing at Sam. "Who is this guy?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Agent Hill brought them to a secret underground base that she said was being used as a new hideout for everyone at S.H.I.E.L.D. who wasn't HYDRA. Leading them in she called out to another agent who ran to meet them.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint!"

"Maybe two," Sam said.

"Let me take her!" the agent called.