𝘵 𝘩 𝘪 𝘳 𝘵 𝘺 - 𝘰 𝘯 𝘦

Deep in the mountains, Ayo led Bucky, Daphne, and Steve out to a clearing that was far from the city

In case anything went wrong, in case it didn't work, Bucky practically demanded that they do this far from any civilians.

Ayo set up a fire to give them some light and the gentle crackling sound gave Bucky some comfort. He sat in front of the fire as Daphne knelt in front of him.

"You okay?" she asked, and Bucky silently nodded, staring at the fire in front of him. "Steve and I will be right here the whole time."

"It is time," Ayo said, looking over at them. Daphne nodded, giving Bucky's hand one more squeeze before she stood next to Steve.

"You sure about this?" Bucky asked, still incredibly nervous.

"We won't let you hurt anyone," Ayo said, glancing at Daphne and Steve before she began.

"Zhelaniye."

"Rzhavyy."

"Semnadtsat."

"It's not gonna work" Bucky mumbled, tears pooling in his eyes but Ayo kept going.

"Rassvet."

Daphne gripped Steve's hand, both of them hated seeing him in such distress like he was physically and mentally fighting with himself.

"Pech."

"Devyat."

"Dobroserdechnyy."

"Vozvrashcheniye na rodinu."

"Odin."

"Gruzovovvagon."

Daphne and Steve stared down at Bucky not knowing what to expect. They wanted it to work. It had to work.

And while they were grateful he didn't immediately jump up and attack them, they weren't sure if the tears flowing down his face were good tears or bad tears.

"Bucky" Daphne called, her voice soft.

Bucky looked up at her, his whole body shaking from the sobs he was letting out. "It's me," he said, a hint of a smile on his face. "It's me."

Daphne rushed to him, pulling him into a hug, his tears soaking through her shirt.

"You're okay. You're safe now" she said, holding him as tight as she could. Steve sat on the other side of them, pulling them into a group hug.

"We're all gonna be okay."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You sure you can't stay?" Daphne asked as they stood in front of the quinjet he arrived in.

"I'd love to. But someone got to keep an eye on Sam and Nat" Steve said.

"Please, we all know it's Nat that's watching the both of you" Daphne smirked.