Chapter 20

After a minute which seems like an hour of breaking down,i wiped the dried tears using a handkerchief and went towards the vanity.I picked up the hairbrush and sat down,starting to brush my hair.

My eyes trailed to the mirror once again, recalling Alucard's words.

'We don't want things to happen like this...'

I then stayed silent and proceeded to brush my hair and soon after i grabbed my uniform and started to change.

As i finished i only sat down on a nearby couch where you can see the window and stared outside.

"Don't want things to happen like this?"I mumbled to no one and was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"I asked,my gaze still fixed on the window. "M'lady,im one of the maids here and your personal guard is here".I sighed and stood up heading towards the door.

'Wonder who mighg it be?...Alucard did mentioned that it's one of ths chevalier's.It can't be Tigreal,right?
He's the one in command for the guards...Maybe it's Fanny??'

With that i opened the door ending my train of thoughts and my eyes slightly widen when i saw a familiar someone.

"Sir Harrith,will be your guard in the meantime.M'lady. Looks like i won't be needed here,i shall take my leave"

The maid left leaving me and the male leonin.I could tell he was also surprised about seeing me here. "Miss Y/n? You're the one ill be guarding?!"He asked and i chuckled.

"Didn't they told you that?"I asked while closing my arms. "They did mentioned uuhmm..."He trail's off and i mentally scoffed. "Well whatever they're stating about me,they sure are mindless not to mention my name to you".I stated while looking away an annoyed look present in my face.

"I'm sorry...what happened?"He asked.I then sighed and mustered up a smile. "Let's discuss this...inside...".He seemed to be hesitant at first. "I.. can't go inside,its...Mr.Alucards orders..."He mumbles while that statement made me more annoyed.

'The fudge?!What did Alucard told him?!'

"It's alright,im powerless.I can't do magic,I won't even attack you in the first place."I stated.He shooked his head to the side furiously.

"No!Not that!..He said i must keep my guard up high and guard your door..What if someone from the abyss will appear and take you?"
He then asked making me slightly guilty for what i stated in the first place.

"But.. can't they sneak in the window?"I asked and he stopped,he then erupted to a blush and he gazed down due to embarrament. His ears twitching and his tail swaying side to side from his back.

'Hes so adorable....'

I then snap out to my thoughts and chuckled. "I'm sure Alucard,has any other reasons to not let you enter my room".I stated while thingking of a certain blond male.

"Doesn't matter,you said you wanted to know what happened right?"I asked,which he nodded furiously. "I'm curious!"He exclaimed. I chuckled again and gently held his wrist.

"Then come on...."I pulled him inside and shutted the door. "Before that Harrith,Got any idea why they assigned you to me?"I asked while signalling him over to sit down.

"Yes,they stated to me that you weild magic..Which goes for the same way as me but were different since you use a wand and i do not. Thus,they assigned me to guard you so i can also help".He stated.

"Oh..so when i got out of "control" again.. You'll be the one to stop me?".I asked.He seemed to have a confused look. "No...and what do you mean out of control Miss Y/n?" He asked while i was silent.

He sighed and smiled. "I'm sure that won't happen,since im the one who will be training you and teaching you basic tricks of magic,using the Palace's library".

My eyes slightly widen at this and i was in disbelief for a moment. "T.. they'll permit me to do Magic?".
I asked, which made him nod in response.

"Yes,and I'll be the one who will be training you"He smiled and i was in my thoughts.

'I see..so they sent someone to train me and help me control my Magic...'

I then remembered the time when i was battling against that Demon back at the forest..

'I don't remember managing to jump up that high...Its not normal for an ordinary human to do that. Not to mention,i didn't went to any training. My behaviour also changed,as if i wanted to kill thay monster so badly.'

"Then, your my personal guard then?While you train me with my Magic"I asked making the male leonin nod in response.

"But as i recall from also a fellow leonin like you...My magic is different,you can take a look at my spell book...which have been taken...She stated that only the owner knows the spell's?"
I stated which was more of a question itself.

Harrith became silent and thought. His ears are twitching once again making me refrain the urge to ask for petting it.

"Well,i saw you're grimoire and it is true that only the owner can understand it's writings..since i cant understand it myself".He stated.

I was confused then asked."Grimoire??".

"Oh! It's the spell book you've been mentioning about.."He said. I slowly nodded. "Can you specify on the statement where you said you can't understand it?" I asked again.

"We'll when the spell book was given to me in costudy..I tried reading it..but it only camed out as symbol of words i don't understand"He explained.I was quite taken aback by this and nodded.

'Wait.. so does Nana.. can't also understand it?'

"I also asked some of my fellow chevalier knights about it..And they also have trouble understanding it"He stated and i sighed.

"We'll my friend did say that another magician also posseses the same grimoire as me"

"Really?Can i ask who it is?"
The boy asked and i replied.

"He goes with the name Harley Vance".Harrith seems to be surprised at the mention of the mage's name.

"Harley?He has the same grimoire as you?"He asked.I then nodded. "Yes,im also curious as well when my friend mentioned that,and do you know Harley?"I asked.

"Yes...Were best friends if you could say since were both aquainted by Magic and also we could easily understand each other" He sheepishly smiled making me nod.

'I see so they have an interaction?'

"Not to worries Miss (Y/n),I researched and found a similar book just like your in the library..well maybe some spells could work"He smiled.

"I see,well then I can't wait for your training,Sir Harrith"I smiled.
"Please, don't call me sir..Harrith will be fine. But now, it's your turn to tell the story... What happened?"
He then asked.

Thus,i then began explaining the events making sure not to mention the part where Miya and Alucard turned their backs on me.