Chapter 24

Night time came and it's been 2 hour's since they left.Currently right now,im laying down in my bed while reading a story book from one of the shelves.

My hands turned the book into the next page and i erupted into a yawn.

"I miss my phone...."I mumbled in boredom and gazed towards the window,the night sky starting to visible.

"It sure took long"I mumbled and layed down upwards. I slowly closed my eyes and remember the unbelievable events earlier.

"Can't believe he's even more handsome in game...Well they all are..."I stated.My lip's curled up into a smile and i sat up.

'I will just get along with their words and not get close to them'

A knock can be heard and this time i stood up, opening the door to be met with a maid carrying a tray of delicious food.I almost drooled at the sight,not to mention that i didn't eaten yet.

"M'lady,here is your dinner.I hope you will enjoy it" She smiled and i thanked her holding the tray full of food.

"Thank you"I smiled while she nodded and bowed leaving away. I closed the door by gently kicking it with my feet and entered the room,setting down the plate in the small table.

I smiled and grabbed the utensil's about to take a bite when a knock interrupted my door once again.

I sigh and stood up once again. "Who is it?Im in the midd-"I didn't finish my sentence when i was met once again with the dark haired male.

"Sir Granger?What brings you here?"I asked slightly confused. He coughed a bit and stated.

"I hope im not interrupting... There's something i want to discuss with you"

I nodded and clear the way inside my room."Come in".He then entered and i closed the door.

"I apologize for interrupting your meal"He said while gazing at my meal with a serious stare.

"It's alright...I insist..What seems do you want to discuss with me?"I asked and he gazed back towards me.

"It's about for tomorrow..When you will meet Her Highness."

I nodded signalling him to continue."She stated in our meeting earlier thay you will meet her first thing in the morning,while me and Alucard will accompany you"He said.

I hummed in approval."Also..for you to be careful also..."He continued eyeing at the tray of food once again.I was starting to get confused on why he is staring at the tray with a stern look.

"For what? Exactly..."I asked.

"There's been sighting of assassin's and demon's here in the Palace.One of our team captured an assassin and we found a demon just earlier "

My heart thump in which to be fear and i mumbled. "If only i have my wand to defend myself...."

He then gazed towards me and gazed a brow in question. "Pardon?"He asked and i laughed akwardly.

"Nothing..I just said that it must be terrifying"He went silent and soon fized her gaze towards my tray once again.

Having enough of this i soon asked. "Is there a problem with my meal sir? You've been staring at it this past few minutes...."I asked.

He ignored my question."Who delivered this food to you?"He said but it seemed to be more of  a demand.

My eyes gazed to him and i can see he held a glare,making my spine shiver.

"It's...a maid..with..Light blue hai-"I didn't get to finish my sentence when he harshly threw the tray away making the food fell to the floor.

I yelp slightly and covered my mouth. "W..why did you do that?"I stuttered.

The door opened and came in Alucard. "What's going on in here?"He asked. His gaze soon fell towards the Vagrant poet standing on his back infront of us.

"Granger? whay did yo-"Alucard stop when he saw the dangerous glare the dark haired male was showing,while i suddenly felt the tension rise.

Granger clenched his fist and gazed towards us. "Deadly Nightshade"He stated coldly.

'What?'

"The food contained Deadly Nightshade powder.."He glared at the food now on the ground. "Someone is trying to poison her"

My mind went blank and i could only stare at the food on the Alucard's gaze hardened and soon inspected the food.

"You're right....Will inform her higness"He stated while putting down his knees at the floor,while gazing up to granger.The dark haired male didn't respond and gazed towards me.I didn't move nor spoke,due to my mind being blank.

'Poison?How..?Who?'

My body then trembled.