Chapter 26

Taking in Harrith's information i could only shudder in fear.

It was now an hour since the event happened.You can say it is almost night time.Earlier,just as Alucard promised,he came back after reporting the event's about me to Silvanna.

But to my dismay Granger wasn't with him.Alucard coincidentally read my mind and stated that Granger will maybe come later due to him asking some requests.

I only nodded embarrassingly and smiled,thanking him.Alucard then stated to lock the windows and stated to be calm.Harrith will be guarding me till morning and i felt guilty.

"Is it alright though?"I asked referring to Harrith. Alucard took notice of my concern. "Yes, Harrith will be capable..He is chosen Knight for a reason. Besides,he is already used to stay up late".

I only nodded in response and muttered a quick 'thank you'. "I supposed I'll take my leave then...you have to sleep"My lips curled up and i nodded once again.

Alucard was about to walk away but halted. "I forgot...Here"He grabbed a piece of somewhat item wrapped in a tissue "Granger told me to give this to you...and apologized for the events...since you didn't have a meal..It maybe not enough but it can maybe satisfy your hunger. "I carefully unwrapped the tissue and saw a freshly made Sandwich.

My heart fluttered at the small gesture but im still traumatized due to earliers events. "Don't worry,its safe..."Alucard reassured.I meekly nodded and took the food.

"Since we can't trust the servants yet... we'll be buying you food for ourselves in the village and personally give them to you"Alucard stated. I was slightly embarrassed by this.

"Are you sure? Isn't that too much? You've done enough for me already..."I mumbled while he gave me a soft smile. "We don't mind...And Her Higness says so"

I nodded and gazed at the food in my hand,it may be not an extravagant meal but it's already enough. "Please send my thanks to Granger...As for her Highness,ill personally thank her tomorrow.Also thank you Alucard..."

He nodded and smiled. "Understood,and stay safe".He then left, leaving me alone in the room once again.My gaze went to the food before me before i smiled,taking a bite.

My eyes lit up because of its delicious taste. I then gazed towards the window,now the starry sky visible. Granger...he saved my life....i really should thank him....

I then smiled continuing my snack while thoughts filled up my head. 'When Harrith will train me soon,i will definitely effort it...so i can be prepared whatever will happen '

After my meal i got ready for bed and layed down,after an hour or so as my eyes were closed the door opened and footsteps can be heard. I paid no attention to it but slightly became alarmed when i heard a screeching sound beside me.

Out of quick reflexes i abruptly woke up and was about to punch the figure before me but was bocked by a bandaged hand.

"Calm down, it's me"A familiar voice can be heard and i saw no other than Granger himself. My eyes slightly widen and i panicked.
"I..im sorry..i just thought you-"I cutted my statement when a sudden yawn escaped my mouth.

"Rest,Im just here checking if you're alright"He stated and i only hummed in response,laying back down to the comfy matress. I noticed that Granger was now in a blue polo shirt and brown pants were paired.

He was carrying a lamp due to the darkness making it the second source of light in the room. "Thank you Sir Granger...For saving my life and  giving me something to eat...I owe you..."I mumbled drowsily.

He became silent and after a few moments spoked. "It's nothing,i was just doing Her highnesses orders"I only nodded and mustered a small smile.

A comfortable silent engulfed the atmosphere and he suddenly spoked in a hushed tone. "I'm sorry...".I was confused. "For what?"

"For making you come through this..."

I only smiled and chuckled. "Please don't apologize for me...This is just life..right?There must be hard things you must overcome through".

My eyes suddenly went wide when he mustered up a smile. His red eyes gazing at me softly. "Right...My bad" His hand suddenly made its way to my head,patting it and then he stood up taking the lamp with him.

"Good night...have a comfortable rest".My face was still surprised and i smiled back. "Likewise to you too,Mr.Granger"

With that he left causing me to slightly blushed at his visit.