Chapter 37

A sigh escape my lips as i soon plopped my head down at the table with a drained look.

"I think that's all of it, nicely done". Granger complimented as he gently kept away my study scrolls and the books sprawled in our table.

"Good,thanks by the help"I replied smiling subtly as i sat straight and also removed one of the scroll's im currently using.

"So,Got any conclusion on why Alucard is taking so long on finding that book he is looking for?"I asked,side glancing at him.

He sighed with a slight annoyed tone as he rested his head at his bandaged hand that was on the table.

"Just a simple sentence would do."

He stared blankly forward as his eyes held a bored look.

"That bastard is lost".

I blinked curiously ignoring how he called Alucard as i stared at him."Lost?"

He,in exchange gave a subtle nod."Yes, Alucard do deliver well in battle but in terms of library's he often got lost"

"Really?"

"Affirmative,there is this one time.We were visiting the Household of the Duke of Paxley's along with her highness,we were permitted to explore.I manage to want to go to their library and the said bastard followed me and soon got lost".

Granger stated fixing the red cloth of garment on his neck as i slowly smiled.

'Wow, didn't heard of this...and..they visited The household of Gusion and Aamon?'

The smile of my lips soon into light laughter as i covered my mouth.Granger became silent as i soon controlled my composure.

"I apologize,i found your experience a bit interesting"

Somehow Granger cleared his throat and immediately averted eye contact."I'm glad..."He quitely mumbled as i was confused of his sudden change of demeanor.

"So...You mentioned that you visited the household Paxley.Did you by any chance met a chestnut haired male wandering around?"

I asked curiosily waiting for his answer.

Suddenly his expression darken as he gazed at me but it seems to be a glare.

"What about him?"

His voice held no emotion as i flinched of the sudden change.My hands started to sweat as i waved my hand around frantically.

"Oh..uhh..i was just curious"

I let out a sheepish smile as i silently gulp praying at the back of my mind that ill survive this conversation.

He went silent for a bit and notice my expression which he closed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Yes,Gusion Paxley?I did encounter him when we were there"

"Really?!"

3rd Person's P.O.V.

The (H/c)color haired female's eyes lit up and this didn't go unnoticed by the male before him.Thus,his mood became worse as his bandaged hand now gripped one of the books rather harshly.

The female flinched and quickly reasoned out."N..no..i mean.Wo..wow that's..great being able to meet the Duke's Siblings you know?"

"Impressive,you seem to have been interested in them."The male stated and you can take it as a compliment but to the female it seems to be a threat.

"Oh..wait no way..it just came across my mind since i read a book about them"

Y/n's P.O.V.

Granger stared at me for a bit before sighing and gently massaged his hair back.

"Alright, that's enough.I'll go see where's that bastard now"

I immediately stood up gazing at him."Can i come with you? Please?"

His expression seems to be complicated to read as he just stared at me blankly.

"Promise... I'll help on finding him"

He debated for a bit before sighing and gave me a pat in the head, ruffling my hair.

"Alright,that will save us more time."

He then walked past by me as i simply stared at the ground recalling the events.

"What's with him?Did he get jealous?"

"You coming?"

Snapping out of my thoughts i realized he was already a few steps forward of me as i nodded.

"Right sorry."

"Save it,your always in deep thoughts this days.Come..."He motioned for me to follow him as i lightly jogged towards his direction and matched his pace.

The walk became silent as we passed by many shelves knowing the palace library is massive.

"Maybe we should split u-"

"No"

I sweatdropped gazing at the Vagrant Poet."But we can managed to cover up more area if we do it"

"I refuse, I don't want you getting lost like that bastard"Hearing his direct reason i became silent silently agreeing to his words.

Hearing a faint sound of talking the both of us halted.Both of getting the same idea that it was alucard,we turned the corner and soon found Alucard but with someone rather familiar.

'Lesley?'