𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

Xiao Zhan was bathing A-yaun when Jiang Cheng rang him. With wet hands, he attended the call.

"Hello, Jiang Cheng, what's up?"

"You fucking don't pretend as if you don't know anything." Jiang Cheng barked.

Xiao Zhan sighed. He knew what exactly his brother was speaking about.

"Jiang Cheng, I am bathing A-yaun, can I talk to you later?" Xiao Zhan said trying to hang up.

"Listen Zhan, I am not going to repeat myself again This is the last time I will say, if you really consider me as your brother, then attend my birthday party. If not, it's your decision. Thank you in advance for whatever the decision you make."

With that, he hung up.

Xiao Zhan was left out for words. "Just why.....?" He screamed inwardly.

Xiao Zhan did not want to attend his brother's birthday party. Ever since that.... Problem occurred, Xiao Zhan distanced himself from his family for their own good. He did not want anyone to talk bad about his family just because of him. He only spoke to Jiang Fengmin, his uncle, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli, that too very rarely. He never attended any family gatherings or functions. But now....

Xiao Zhan sighed. If he did not go, it would hurt Jiang Cheng's feelings. He did not want to make him sad on his special day. But if attending the part means.... He would have to meet everyone, Madam Yu, she would be the rudest to him, then Wang family since Jiang Cheng was married to Wang Xichen.

Xiao Zhan could even stand Madam Yu, but not the Wang family, especially their second young master, Wang Yibo, his once husband.

Just thinking of Wang Yibo, made tears roll down his cheeks. Xiao Zhan did not know why but even though it had almost two years since that incident, he still could not get over it, his Yibo. "It hurts..." He cried to hhimself.

A-yaun's cries made Zhan get back to his senses. He soon bathed the child and wrapped him on a towel before he catches cold for he was in water for too long with wet hair. Xiao Zhan cursed himself for being so careless.

A-yaun was now one and a half year old. He was so cute and small that everyone envied him for having such a beautiful baby. He just wished that his baby got the love of his both parents but now, he knew it was too late.

Xiao Zhan looked at the time, if he stayed any more, he would be late to the party. Xiao Zhan hurried to the cupboard and picked up a dress fir him and his baby and soon they were well dressed for the party, but unfortunately, they were running out of time.

𝑰𝒏 𝑱𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏...

"Who are we waiting for?" Madam Yu barked.

Jiang Cheng did not know for how long he could keep saying excuses without cutting the cake. He knew for sure that Xiao Zhan would come no matter what. But when, remained doubtful.

"Mom, please wait, just...."

Jiang Cheng heard a honk of a cab and he was finally glad that his brother had come.

"A second." He excused himself from the crowd, there were his family, friends and even business parties.

No one noticed Jiang Cheng had returned with the new visitor until Jiang Yanli cried, "A-zhan...."

Xiao Zhan felt a lot of eyes on him. He did not know that so many people were invited, of he had known, he wouldn't have come in the first place.

"Who invited that bastard?" Madam Yu hissed.