𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

Jin Guanyao did not know what he was supposed to do. He was very furious and nervous.

He was furious that Zhan had left the house which he was locked in and not only had he escaped but also was living with Wang Yibo!

He was nervous that he would get caught soon. Anytime, Xiao Zhan could tell Wang Yibo the truth. And his facade would be ripped open!

Jin Guanyao was muddled and he could not rest in ease. He did not know when he would be caught and out behind the bars. He has not only kidnapped an omega but had also locked him away for three years. If Wang Yibo knew that he was the person behind all the incident back then, he was not sure if Wang Yibo would let him go even over his dead body!

Beads of sweat rolled down his neck and he wiped them away swiftly. He had to come up with a plan before he was caught!

-

It was past midnight but Wang Yibo could not sleep.

He was huddled on the corner of the hall and he gazed at the starless night sky out side through the window.

And his mind was filled with thoughts of the past.

Wang Yibo never expected his life to turn into one like this. His heart felt heavy as it was filled with regret.

If only had he not left Zhan alone in the hotel that night, things could have gone different!

 Regrets filled his heart. He became too self-centered and all his frustrations took a toll on him that he ended up pushing away the person he loved the most. But what pained him more was that it was not only Xiao Zhan he shut out of his life three years ago. How stupid he could get that even an innocent child was affected with his stupidity?

Wang Yibo opened his wallet and saw their picture together, which was the last picture of him and Xiao Zhan. They were so happy back then, but stress and frustrations with acids related stuff ate him up that he fucked everything up. Now Xiao Zhan did not want him anymore.

Yibo realized how stupid he was for letting Xiao Zhan go. They could've been a happy family now if he had just been with him on the hotel, back then.

The moment Wang family accused Xiao Zhan of cheating on Wang Yibo was the moment he knew he had lost the number one spot in Xiao Zhan's heart forever. Wang Yibo, in his distress, tried his best to keep Xiao Zhan by his side, but he failed.

Wang Yibo had no doubt that he would protect the older boy, his omega, with all his heart and treasure him forever. Wang Yibo was highly protective and possessive of Xiao Zhan.

Wang Yibo was a decisive person, he knew exactly what he liked and disliked. One of the things he disliked was when people bothered him from doing something he found important. Besides his family, the only true exception was Xiao Zhan, his soul mate. Wang Yibo could never get truly angry at Xiao Zhan. Not to mention, Wang Yibo had never raised his voice at Xiao Zhan. He had always loved Xiao Zhan as of he was everything, and indeed, he was everything to him!

Xiao Zhan had experienced a heart wrenching amount of betrayal in his young life. Wang Yibo could see the scars as plainly as if they had been etched across his skin. Xiao Zhan was slow to trust and adverse to asking for even the simplest favor. Almost like he was keeping a running tally of everything he would eventually have to pay back. And while Yibo admired Xiao Zhan's fierce independence and his incredible work ethic, he also saw Xiao Zhan's hesitance to trust for what it really was. Fear.

And Yibo knew that he was the only one to be blamed for all of this mess and it was his responsibility to piece it back together.

Wang Yibo love Xiao Zhan. Had always loved him to distraction, loved him to pieces, loved him so much it was like a fire consuming him from the inside out.

For Xiao Zhan, he would be patient. He would show the other man that he was not going anywhere, that his trust had not been misplaced. Yibo would wait for Xiao Zhan as long as it took.

Now and forever.

A sting pained his heart as he felt his surroundings come to a standstill. Thoughts filled up his mind and a certain kind of longing clouded his senses.

He was all alone in the hall, he spoke to the image of the man he loved so dearly, his heart-like smile so well imprinted in his memory.

Reality, was a peer of fate. As cruel as its very own companion, it sometimes hit very hard, and taught a lesson in return. Sometimes, it left the sufferer too broken to be healed again.

For Wang Yibo, there was a lot more. Guilt, pain, love.. they were his constants nowadays. Guilt of hurting someone precious. Pain of being left out. Love.. for someone he could not keep anymore.

He was miserable. And he was the cause. He knew it.

He wondered if the other could forgive him. But the possibility seemed quite far away and that hurt Yibo very much.

Wang Yibo's mind was running to places that had been locked up in his heart for quite some time. The memories were fresh as new. But it did him no good, as the misery escaped his mind through the unshed tears from before.

As if it would leave him once he cried...

No. The guilt would never leave him. The man, who he longed for, was always his own. It was his fault that he let him go. It was his fault that he pushed him away.

Wang Yibo cried for the umpteenth time that night. He had no one to hold him. Unlike others, in spite of having a mate, he was lonely. Why would it not be so? He had never opened his heart to anyone since that incident.

All he needed and craved for, was the shoulder that he always leaned on. But that person was close yet far from him and that was a pity.

He didn't realize when he fell asleep. Exhaustion had taken over him. But even in his deep slumber, he could not forget that he was...  

All alone!

🍂🍂

Please make sure you leave your precious votes and comments. STAY TUNED!