𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

Xiao Zhan pulled himself away from his thoughts and placed A-yaun down. He was about to stand up when A-yaun grasped his shirt and beckoned him to sit down with him. 

Xiao Zhan knew that if he left A-yaun alone now, the little dumpling would start crying again so left with no other option, he sat down beside his baby.

Xiao Zhan did not want Wang Yibo to stay there anymore. He gave had enough with him already so in a cold tone, he said,

"If you are done, leave."

"I am not done yet." Wang Yibo said and crouched down to sit beside Xiao Zhan and the baby.

"What the heck do you want?!" Xiao Zhan screamed, losing his temper.

"No cursing in the presence of the baby." Wang Yibo replied bluntly.

"Huh?"

"Zhan Ge, can we-..."

"Stop it, Wang Yibo! I have already told you. We are mere strangers. Stop calling me Zhan Ge!"

"We are not strangers. We are mates." Wang Yibo said, wiping away the tear that strained his eyes.

"I don't want to hear your nonsense! Leave or I will call the police!"

"I am not leaving." Wang Yibo said sternly. Just as when Xiao Zhan was to yell again, he fished out a paper from his pocket and handed it to Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan was confused and looked back and forth between Yibo and the paper.

"Read it." Yibo said, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Xiao Zhan grabbed the paper from Wang Yibo and read it, hurriedly. With every single word he read, his heart sank lower and lower.

Why the fuck was his life so miserable?!

"What's... what's this?" Xiao Zhan's hands trembled and his heart ached with every word he spoke.

"Zhan Ge, i-..."

"What do you want from us?!" Xiao Zhan yelled at the top of his lungs, frightening A-yaun. "Have you not got enough from us? Are you not satisfied with all that we have been through during these last years? Do you still want me mad my baby to keep suffering? Will you never let us live happily? Just what on the earth can I do to get you out of our life? Tell me! Do you want me to die? Do you want me to kill myself so that my baby could live happily?! Is that what you want? Tell me!"

Xiao Zhan could no longer control his tears. His heart ached and he dejected. Can his life become any worse?

"Zhan Ge, don't say such. Please..."

"What else do you want me to say Wang Yibo? Do you think I am a fool to let you into our lives and get it ruined, again?"

"No, it's not-..."

"Then what?!" Zhan could not help but sob.

"Mama..." A-yaun cried, hitting Xiao Zhan's chest, seeming to be frightened due to the sudden change in atmosphere.

Xiao Zhan soon wiped away his tears and took the baby in his arms. "It's okay, baby. Mama is here." He comforted trying not to sound vulnerable.

But it was just impossible!

Not with how life was cruel to him!

Wang Yibo looked back and forth at Xiao Zhan and A-yaun. This was his family. They were his family! And he would do anything to get them back again into his life.

He would not lose them. Not now and never!

Wang Yibo inhaled sharply and after a long pause of silence, he carefully worded,

"Zhan Ge, let's.... Let's co-parent A-yaun."

Xiao Zhan whipped his head towards Wang Yibo and joy wanting to frighten A-yaun again, he said, as calmly as he could,

"You have no rights over A-yaun."

"I have. I am his father."

"You are not his father!" Xiao Zhan spat.

"Zhan Ge, you are my omega and A-yaun is my pup. You two are my family. No one can deny that."

"I am your omega?" Xiao Zhan mocked. "A-yaun is your pup? Wang Yibo, aren't you ashamed to call yourself his father, huh?"

Wang Yibo clenched his eyes, trying to blink away his tears. Xiao Zhan's words were very true! He was indeed ashamed!

He had not been there when his family needed him! He had not been there during Zhan's pregnancy! He had not been there during A-yaun's birth!

He had not been with them at all!

He had never been a good alpha!

He had never been a good husband!

He had never been a good father!

He was indeed ashamed!

With tear stricken eyes, Wang Yibo worded out, each word stabbing him deep,

"Zh..Zhan ge, pl...please... give me one last chance to make things right. Please.... I pro...promise that I... I would never break my promise again. Please..."

"That's enough, Wang Yibo! I have had enough of your nonsense! Please leave me and my baby alone! Leave!" Xiao Zhan yelled, not caring if A-yaun would be frightened or not. He just wanted this certain alpha to leave!

Wang Yibo wiped away his tears and mustered up his courage. He had to be strong and this was not the time to regret. He had come to make things right so he should make things right!

Not worse!

"I am not leaving." Wang Yibo said sternly.

"You are! This is my home!" Xiao Zhan spat back.

"Exactly! This is your home. But, you and our baby is mine. I am leaving you two. Not now and never."

"What the hell do you want Wang Yibo?" Xiao Zhan was red as he could be. He could not take this anymore.

"I need my family. I need you and A-yaun. I need us to stay together."

"That was well said but, we are not your family."

"The truth vane never be changed. A-yaun is my blood. Our blood."

"Just shut up!" Xiao Zhan roared. His weak body trembling in anger. "Just stop calling A-yaun ours. He is mine! Mine and mine only! Get the fuck out of my house. Or, I will have to call the police. I am done being polite."

"Calling the police is of no use. Justice is on my side. I am here to co-parenting A-yaun with you under legal approval. No one and nothing can stop me." Wang Yibo stated.

"I don't want to co-parent with you. I can take care of my baby alone."

"I know that you can. My omega is very strong. But still, I want to support you. I want to raise our baby together."

"I do not approve that."

"You do not have to approve that."

"You are not leaving, aren't you?" Xiao Zhan asked, finally realizing that no matter how much he argued, it was of no use. Wang Yibo was here with a decision and nothing could change it.

Wang Yibo inhaled sharply. They had come to the point after all. "No." He replied, feeling jubilant all over.

Xiao Zhan was so furious that he was hot under the collar. He was bristled with anger and rage. His blood was boiling and his was red!

He just wished that this Wang Yibo could die. With clenched teeth, he spat,

"I curse you with all that I have. May you never find peace and happiness. May you rot yourself to death."

✨✨✨✨✨✨

I know the story is very angsty but please be patient. The good times are about to come. Yibo and Zhan will start living together from now on.

So, STAY TUNED!