𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆

The moon hung low in the sky, casting a soft, silver glow over everything in sight. The world was hushed, as if it had been put to sleep by the gentle light. Shadows stretched out across the ground, but they were not dark and foreboding. Instead, they were softened by the moon's luminous touch, turning even the most ordinary objects into things of beauty.

The air was cool and crisp, but not unpleasantly so. It felt as if the world had been given a fresh start, a Zhance to begin anew under the light of the moon. The trees rustled quietly in the breeze, their leaves shimmering like jewels in the moonlight. The stars, too, were out in full force, twinkling like tiny diamonds in the sky.

As Xiao Zhan stood there, taking in the scene before him, he felt a sense of peace settle over himself. Everything felt right in the world, if only for a moment. And he knew that even when the moon had disappeared from the sky, this memory would stay with him forever.

As for which memory, Xiao Zhan looked behind him, a smile on his face, one of his true smile. As he looked behind him, the figure in question looked down at him, kissing his soft lips, making everything seem even more real.

"Zhan Ge, what are you thinking?" Wang Yibo asked, clasping their fingers together on the windowsill.

"I just cannot bring myself to believe that... we are together... finally..." Zhan muttered in a low voice but the other did not miss it.

Wang Yibo smiled at him and kissed his forehead, whispering in his ear, "How about... I make you believe it?"

"How?" Zhan whispered back, feeling the temperature rise within him at the husky voice of his alpha.

"Let me show you." Saying so, Wang Yibo picked up Zhan princess style and walked into Zhan's room, well, their room.

Xiao Zhan hooked his arm round Yibo's neck and laughed, unable to contain his tears at the feeling of being held by his alpha.

Gazing at the man holding him, Zhan rewind his memory back to few hours ago when there had been a knock on the door while he had been making dinner after putting A-yaun to sleep.

For a moment, Zhan had thought it would be Jin Guanyao and had been ready to phone Jiang Cheng just in case, but then, he has heard his voice, his alpha's which made him stop in his tracks and wait for the next knock, hoping that he wasn't dreaming.

And god has answered his prayers 'cause when he opened the door with trembling hands, Wang Yibo had lunged towards him, hugging him tight and crying his name.

"Yi...Yibo...?" Zhan had called out, his voice breaking down to a shiver.

"Zhan Ge, Zhan Ge...." Yibo had cried, holding him tight and safe within his arms.

They had been like that for who knows how long until Zhan had got back to his senses and had pulled away from the other's hold, asking, "What... what are you doing here?"

"I am here for you." Yibo had replied in a beat, as if he had been reciting it all the way here.

Xiao Zhan could not help but tremble at the other's words. He just stared into his alpha's eyes, when he had heard Yibo say, caressing his face, "Zhan ge, we need to talk."

"I know," Zhan had nodded, looking seriously at Yibo, trying to calm down his racing heart.

Silence fell over them as they searched for the right words, the courage to face the feelings they had been suppressing for so long.

"I..." Zhan had begun, his voice sounding shaky "I never wanted to walk away from you, Yibo. I... I'm so sorry."

Wang Yibo felt a lump form in his throat, but he had forced himself to swallow it.

"You don't have to apologize to me," he had replied, his voice almost a whisper in the night wind, "I made mistakes, too, and.... I want to tell you that... I'm willing to start from scratch if you are willing to."

Zhan had looked up to meet Yibo's eyes, and in them he saw everything he needed to know. He had nodded slowly.

"Yes, I want that too."

Yibo had smiled again and took Zhan's hand in his. Despite everything, they were willing to work to get back to the unique and special relationship they used to have.

The night progressed full of laughter and anecdotes from throughout the missed years. Zhan had asked Yibo what he had done in the few years they had been apart, to which Yibo had replied:

"I've been missing you."

"Thank you, Yibo."

Yibo had looked at Zhan, a little confused.

"For what?"

"For still loving me."

Yibo's heart shrank, so without hesitation, he had wrapped Zhan in his arms, feeling his heartbeat synchronize with his own. Zhan sank deeper into the embrace, pressing his face against Yibo's neck, letting the shared breaths fill them with quiet intimacy.

"I couldn't stop doing it, Zhan ge. Not even if I tried," Yibo had whispered, holding him a little tighter. "I love you too much."

Zhan had chuckled, the sound muffled against Yibo's skin. It was a soft laugh laden with relief and love. They slowly pulled apart, but Yibo's hands still clung to Zhan's shoulders, as if refusing to break the physical contact completely.

Zhan didn't wait any longer and brought his lips together with Yibo's lips.

The kiss was soft, tender, the sweetness of their love permeating every touch. Yibo could feel Zhan's racing heartbeat against his chest, the bubbling emotion emanating from both of them. Yibo's hand slid from Zhan's shoulder to the nape of his neck, clinging to the locks of hair there, drawing him closer.

It was an ethereal moment, where everything around them seemed to fade away. When they finally parted, they were both breathless and flushed-cheeked. But the smiles on their faces were unmistakable.

"That was..." Yibo had begun, but his voice was cut off. He had no words to describe what he had just experienced.

Zhan had laughed softly and leaned his forehead against Yibo's.

"Incredible?" he had suggested, and Yibo nodded.

"Yes. Incredible." Yibo whispered. There was something in the twinkle in Zhan's eyes that told him he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

After all, perhaps it didn't matter how awkward or dazzling his confession was; all that mattered was that they were together. Again.