𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

"B...baby....?" Wang Yibo asked in confusion, his arm still raised to the thin air and mouth wide open in disbelief.

Looking at the expression of Yibo, Meng Yao understood, that finally, he had succeeded in doubting Xiao Zhan! So he continued,

"What?! Xiao Zhan, don't tell me that the baby doesn't really belong to Yibo!" Meng Yao pretended to be crying in disbelief.

"Zh...Zhan Ge... Look at me..." Wang Yibo said, taking Xiao Zhan's face in his hand and making his omega to look at him.

Meng Yao did not want Yibo to go soft on Zhan so he said,

"Wang Yibo! Are you out of your mind? He is pregnant with a baby and has been hiding from you! How can you still not think clearly?!"

"Just shut the fuck up!" Wang Yibo yelled.

Meng Yao wasn't expecting that so he was a little shocked. He still could not believe Wang Yibo trusted Xiao Zhan so much!

So he continued,

"I am sorry Yibo, before I shut my mouth, I will tell all the truth you have to know."

"Meng Yao..." Xiao Zhan did not know what to say. His own best friend was misunderstanding him! That hurts!

Xiao Zhan blinked away his tears and looked at Yibo who stood there, emotionless. He was about to take Yibo's hand in his when Yibo asked,

"What truth?"

"Truth...? Listen carefully then. Your omega had been disloyal to you all along. He had never been true to you. If I am wrong, ask him why he hid the the news that he was pregnant. No one would do such a thing. No one would try to hide such a happy news from their partner. He had been knowing that he was pregnant almost for two weeks now and even I found it out accidentally. When Zhan begged me not to utter a single word about his pregnancy to you, I thought he wanted to tell it himself but I never thought he wanted to hid it from you because that baby wasn't yours! Wang Yibo, is this not enough for you to realise how much Zhan had been unfaithful to you? Do you still think that he loves you? Do you even believe..."

Meng Yao was interrupted by an emotionless Wang yibo.

"Are you done speaking the truth?"

Meng Yao's voice hitched. He clenched his teeth in anger and replied,

"Yes, I am done."

"Then you may leave. Take that pervert along with you." Wang Yibo said pointing towards Wen Chao.

Meng Yao was in utter disbelief. How could Yibo still not be convinced?! His mind was screaming in vengeance but he just nodded and left the room with Wen Chao who was scared to death.

When the two of them had left, Xiao Zhan galbced at Wang Yibo who did not express any anger nor pain and stood as if he was a statue. Xiao Zhan wiped away his tears, closed the door, calmed himself and approached Wang Yibo, with mixed feelings.

Xiao Zhan stood by Yibo, looked directly into his eyes and took Yibo's hand in his. He was almost going to kiss the back of Yibo's hand, when Yibo pulled his hand away.

"Are you pregnant?" Yibo questioned looking straightly into Xiao Zhan, still standing as a statue and expressing neither his anger nor hurt.

Xiao Zhan had thought of many ways to surprise Yibo with the news if his pregnancy but he had never thought that he would have to reveal about it under such circumstances. Xaio Zhan took a deep breath in, trying to calm himself, and said,

"Yes."

Xiao Zhan saw a slight twitch on Yibo's eyes but before he could say anything else, Wang Yibo has distanced himself away from Zhan.

He no more looked into Zhan and was turning his back towards him, this made Zhan sad but he knew Yibo would understand him once he explains.

So he said,

"Yibo..., let me..."

Wang Yibo did not wait for him and asked, "How long?"

Wang Yibo speaking so shortly broke Xiao Zhan's heart for he knew Yibo would never talk as such if he wasn't hurt.

But Xiao Zhan put aside his hurt and sadness, and replied,

"I have known it for almost two weeks now. I am two months pregnant."

"Why hid..." Wang Yibo's voice hitched. He stopped from saying anymore and clutched the window harder, trying to ground himself.

Xiao Zhan could see Yibo's shoulder shaking fiercely and realized that Yibo was crying. Xiao Zhan could not take that sight in and went up to Yibo trying to console him, it was his mistake fir not saying this earlier. He cursed himself for being so stupid.

Xiao Zhan held Yibo by his hand only for Yibo to grasp his hand away from his touch, once again, making a distance between them, and cried,

"Wh... Why.... Jus.... Just.. Why....?"

"Yibo, please, don't cry..." Xiao Zhan too was crying for he could not see his alpha in tears. "I... I just..."

"Is it not... Is it not my... Bab... Baby...?" Wang Yibo asked hardly, almost as a whisper, as if he was trying to make himself not to believe it.

Xiao Zhan never expected Wang Yibo to ask such a question and now that his alpha had asked this, he could not describe the pain he felt at that very moment. It was just like his heart breaking into a million pieces. Xiao Zhan thought that Yibo was sad just because he had hid about the baby but he never thought that... Yibo had misunderstood him!

"Yi...yibo..., what do you m...mean?"

Xiao Zhan questioned in disbelief.

Soon as the words had left his mouth, Wang Yibo turned to him, looked at him in a way that Xiao Zhan could never imagine that it was his Yibo, and had repeated the same question once again, but this time with no hurt or pain but pure disgust!

Looking Yibo in such a state, Xiao Zhan realized that everything was over!

Right then, he knew, they were no longer one but were two different people! 

They were over! OVER!