𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Wang Yibo had never really seen Xiao Zhan after that. He had searched for him everywhere, but he had run out of luck and places.

He had been so desperate to see Xiao Zhan but neither could he find nor would his family allow him to find him.

Only six months later, on the court, did he meet Xiao Zhan again. He looked different and Wang Yibo's heart had clenched at the sight. His belly had grown quite big and it had to be for he must have been around 7 or 8 months at that time. Wang Yibo had wanted very much to go, speak to his beloved but his uncle had held him back. When he finally got the chance to slip away from his uncle, Xiao Zhan had already disappeared into thin air. He had been no where around.

When his uncle had finally found him and had asked where he had gone, Wang Yibo had replied honestly, "I wanted to talk to Zhan."

"Zhan? That Xiao Zhan? Wang Yibo, I must say, you two are divorced now. Just few minutes ago. There is no need for you to worry of him anymore."

Wang Yibo had wanted to scream right then, that it wasn't true! Nothing was true! But he couldn't. Because his uncle had been right.

He and Xiao Zhan were divorced. Just few minutes ago!

That mere thought had killed Wang Yibo and ever since then, he had been living dead. Still, no matter what, he continued his search for Xiao Zhan. There was no trace of Xiao Zhan anywhere!

Having enough of his behaviour, his uncle had forced him to go oversees, saying that it would help him move on. He had not wanted to leave but he was out of options. Both his uncle and brother wanted to him to leave. And finally, he had compiled.

He had stayed in abroad for almost three years but there had not been a single second on which, he had been able to entertain the thought of moving on from his husband. To be precise, he just missed Xiao Zhan even more.

𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

It had been three years already but nothing had changed. Well, his feelings for his husband had not yet changed.

Wang Yibo looked out through the open window and replayed Wen Qing's words in his mind. Xiao Zhan too was ill, same as him. Both of them had caught severe cold.

Wang Yibo did not know how long he stated into the emptiness out the window but when he got back to himself, it was raining heavily outside.

Water droplets ran down the mosaic window, a kaleidoscope of colors dying at the edge of his dark room. Raindrops drummed their rhythm on the glass, lightning crackling like an open fire. Dark and heavy clouds wept across the slatey sky– a song of heartbreak, a melody of torment.

The torrential rain poured, leaking through the crevices and filling in the gaps in the walls. The paint turned a shade darker and agony surrounds the city like a blanket made of thorns.

Gloom settled in the room– lead-heavy and inky black, swallowing all sound and life.

Wang Yibo curled into himself on the bed. His eyes were screwed shut, dark bags under them– an expression of wretched glory. The darkness swallowed all light and he opened up his eyes, staring into the traces of a memory.

-

Ruby eyes twinkled in his daydreams. Xiao Zhan smiled at him, taking his hand as they walk through thick foliage. The Sun shined bright, light filtering through the trees and softening the forest.

Xiao Zhan said something and with a cheeky grin. Wang Yibo huffed, protests on the tip of his tongue but Xiao Zhan beat him to it. His face cleared in Wang Yibo's vision, their foreheads touching as Xiao Zhan whispered, "Trust me."

And Wang Yibo did, as a blindfold wrapped around his eyes and the ground under his feet became softer. Their steps slow down and when the silk cloth lifts off his eyes, Wang Yibo couldn't breathe.

A lake stood in the heart of the forest, crystal water shimmering under sunlight. A thousand pickerelweeds dot the new grass around it. The sky overhead shone blue, cloudless and serene. Clusters of butterflies littered the area, fluttering towards the flowers.

"Look up," he was pulled out of his thoughts with a whisper and a hand on his back. His eyes metthe bright blue sky and he stilled.

"You're magical." Xiao Zhan whispered.

The blank sky now held a galaxy of shades, a band of all the colors, stretching across the sky and plunging into the still water. An elysian idyll painted in the heart of the forest. With a smile, Wang Yibo turned to Xiao Zhan, heart filled to the brim and overflowing with love.

It was during one of the vacations when they had gone travelling.

-

Looking beside him now, No one stood behind him.

The grass turned yellow and wilted and the flowers caught fire. The lake turned murky and the skies were overcast.

It poured.

Wang Yibo sat alone there, letting his tears flow down freely.

And outside his room, the heavens mourned and it rained on.

Breathe, Yibo. Breathe. His vision was getting clouded by tears welling up in his eyes by the second. One tear dropped down his face and on the pillow. Another tear dropped on his collar. He still couldn't breathe, Xiao Zhan's words from last night still ringing painfully in his mind.

Unable to take the pain anymore, Yibo ran to the washroom. He turned on the shower and his legs had lost all strength. Yibo dropped to the cold bathroom floor, hugging his legs close to his chest, letting the shower run over him, drowning himself on the pain.

Yibo clutched onto his chest where it was now starting to hurt physically and he let his tears fall as he shut his eyes. He choked out his cries as silently as he possibly can. Yibo didn't want his uncle or his brother to hear him cry. He didn't want them to know how much he's breaking right now. Though they might had probably guessed it already.

Yibo remembered Wen Qing's words and he knew that he should not stay in the shower for a very long time. In fact, he did not care of himself falling suck anymore but he wanted to be strong. Strong for himself, his ex-husband and their baby.

So he dragged himself out of the bathroom, dried himself up and dropped himself on the bed.

Rest was not very peaceful for Yibo. Everytime he tried to sleep, his mind went back to the last conversation he had with Xiao Zhan. Even when he slept, he dreamt of him. He dreamt of their wedding, their marriage, Xiao Zhan leaving him. He woke up with a jolt, drenched in cold sweat.

He could not rest anymore!