𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"Hey, Bro! What's up? Long time no see, huh?" Nie Huisang cried.  

"Mn." Wang Yibo hummed, not finding the right words to answer.

"Seems like not good. What's wrong? You can speak to me about it." Nie Huisang offered and Wang Yibo too was here for that sole reason.

"Thank you. Are you free?" Wang Yibo asked first.

"Well, you are in my office so I'll just treat you as a client. So tell me, how can this advocate Nie help you?"

"Child custody." Wang Yibo stated.

"Sorry, what?" Nie Huisang thought that he heard wrong. For sure Wang Yibo cannot be speaking about...

"Child custody." Wang Yibo said again, a little louder this time.

Nie Huisang went quiet for a while minute before finally asking, "Whose child?"

"Mine." Yibo said, in a low whisper.

Nie Huisang tried his best to stop his spiralling thoughts and asked, "Can you please explain?"

And so Wang Yibo began. He told every single thing that had happened between him and Xiao Zhan and Nie Huisang, being a good listener, was all ears to Wang Yibo's story. When Wang Yibo finally finished, he asked,

"So, you want to take this as an opportunity to get back Xiao Zhan and your baby?"

"Yes."

"Do you think it will work?"

"I..." Wang Yibo was out of words and he dared not to think negatively. "I will try to get back my Zhan Ge and our baby. I... I will do anything to make our live, the rest of our lives together, as a whole, as a family."

"Yibo, I understand. But..."

"Will you please tell me more about Child Custody?" Wang Yibo asked, cutting off Nie Huisang with his suggestions. He have had enough of listening to others which had been the very reason for his mad Xiao Zhan's separation. And this time, he would not repeat the same mistake. He will only listen to his heart and act accordingly. He would do whatever he wanted and no one could stop him.

Nie Huisuang sighed. He knew that Wang Yibo wouldn't listen anything he say. So he began about Child Custody.

 "Well, Child custody legally means having care and control of children. If you are separating and have children, custody and visitation rights will probably be among the most important concerns. However, other important issues that may be decided include decisions regarding the child's education, religion, and health care issues.

Usually the children live all the time, or most of the time, with the parent who has custody. A parent who does not have custody will usually have rights to visit with the children at set times, and rights to ask about the children. There are different types of child custody and I think in your case, Joint custody suits the most."

"Joint custody means?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Sometimes only one parent will have custody and sometimes both the parents will have the custody and this is called joint custody. Both parents with joint custody legally have care and control of the children, and share in the important decisions about how the children are raised. Joint custody can mean that the children live part of the time with each parent, or that the children live with just one parent. Because joint custody requires a lot of co-operation by both parents, there may be hesitancy on the part of the court in making an order if there is significant friction between the parents."

"So, can I have joint custody for my baby now with Xiao Zhan?" Wang Yibo pressed.

"Co-parenting after a separation or divorce is rarely easy." Nie Huisuang said, "But it can help give your children the stability, security, and close relationships with both parents that they need.

Unless your family has faced serious issues such as domestic violence or substance abuse, co-parenting—having both parents play an active role in their children's daily lives—is the best way to ensure that all your kids' needs are met and enable them to retain close relationships with both parents. The quality of the relationship between co-parents can also have a strong influence on the mental and emotional well-being of children, and the incidence of anxiety and depression. Of course, putting aside relationship issues, especially after an acrimonious split, to co-parent agreeably is sometimes easier said than done.

Joint custody arrangements can be exhausting, infuriating, and fraught with stress, especially if you have a contentious relationship with your ex-partner. You may feel concerned about your ex's parenting abilities, stressed out about child support or other financial issues, feel worn down by conflict, or think you'll never be able to overcome all the resentments in your relationship.

Making shared decisions, interacting with each other at drop-offs, or just speaking to a person you'd rather forget all about can seem like impossible tasks. For the sake of your kids' well-being, though, it is possible for you to overcome co-parenting challenges and develop a cordial working relationship with your ex. With these tips, you can remain calm, stay consistent, and resolve conflicts to make joint custody work and enable your kids to thrive.

But since you have no problem with Xiao Zhan and that you are willing to get back together with him, I think there would be no problem except for one thing."

"What is it?"

"Xiao Zhan should agree to co-parent with you."

Wang Yibo pursed his lips and remained silent. He understood how big of a problem that could really be.

"What are you thinking?"Nie Huisuang asked.

"Nothing. Anyways, no matter what, I will make Zhan ge agree to this."

He was positive.

He must be positive!

"Alright then. Since you are so confident, I will file a legal custody notice for you two. May be, it could help Zhan to agree in the betterment of your baby."

"Thank you."

"It's what I should do. Well, it's the least that I could do."