𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑺𝒊𝒙

The day dawned crisp and clear.

The sun poured through the window. It was another day for Xiao Zhan, bringing with it new hopes and aspirations for all the people around him except himself.

The light of dawn seeped into his room. He rubbed his bleary eyes and walked to the window. There was a pearly glow in the sky. The first rays of sunlight lit up the room and the dawn chorus of melodic birdsong drifted in.

The rising sun casted a rosy hue across the morning sky and golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene.

The just-risen sun shone softly on the city streets, bringing with it a flurry of early-morning activity.

Xiao Zhan stood by the window and gazed up at the morning sky, letting out a sigh filled with frustration and dejection filled thoughts.

It was the third day already since Wang Yibo left that night, and since Xiao Zhan had felt an unknown feeling of forlorn together with fear.

He did not know why he was feeling this way. As much as he knew, Zhan was very sure that right now, he should be more than glad that Yibo had left his place that night and had not returned yet. He should be glad that Yibo had not forced himself on him during his rut and had fled away to who knows where. He must be more than glad that Yibo had left his home and that now he could live in peace with his baby.

But unfortunately, he wasn't!

He wasn't even a little bit happy now that things have finally fell back into place!

It felt as if.... He was empty!

Xiao Zhan sighed for the nth number of tune that morning and strode over to A-yaun's room to take a peek at the sleeping baby and to get going with his morning routine.

Taking a look at his baby and kissing the baby 'good morning', Zhan began with his morning routine.

His leave was over and his work had begun at the shop so Xiao Zhan hurried with showering and cooking and just when he was about to wake up A-yaun, there was a knock on the door.

Zhan looked at the door and for fleeting moment, his heart itched it to be Wang Yibo but soon, he dismissed the thought.

It must be Wen Ning, he thought to himself and walked towards the door, opening it.

But what surprised him was that, the one who stood by the door way was neither Wang Yibo nor Wen Ning. It was an old acquaintance of his, Nie Huisuang.

Xiao Zhan was quite taken aback by the unexpected visitor and he could not find his voice for a few seconds. And when he finally recovered, he asked,

"Why are you here?"

"Why else would I be here?" The other questioned back.

Xiao Zhan was no baby and by the tone of the other, he instantly understood that Nie Huisuang was not just here to catch up with him but for something very serious and it would, for sure, be concerned of Wang Yibo.

And Zhan, being him, had neither had mood nor the time for it.

"I am getting late for work." Zhan stated simply.

"I am not jobless either to be here at this time of the day. I too have an important case to be dealt with and have to meet my client at sharp in an hour later." There was ridicule and mockery in his tone and Zhan did not fail to notice it.

Right, he was just a barista while the other was a lawyer. Of course he would be busier than him.

"Then, please get going." Zhan said, pointing out, not hiding the mockery in his tone too.

"Xiao Zhan, for how many more days will you keep yourself like this? For how many more days are you going to turn a blind eye on the truth?!" Nie Huisuang was running out of patience and he had no spare time for beating around the bush.

"I already know the truth." Zhan emphasized, clenching his fists.

"What truth?" Nie Huisuang spat. "The truth that Wang Yibo despised you and did not trust you three years back? Is that the truth you know?"

Xiao Zhan shuddered at the words of Nie Huisuang as memories of the past came flooding in, rushing like waves of tide abs breaking his heart.

He remained silent and motionless by the door, unable to refute nor accept it. And Nie Huisuang continued.

"The truth that Wang Yibo left you back then believing you had a secret affair with that bastard? Is that the truth you are speaking of, huh?" He sneered and Zhan's eyes began to redden.

"Answer me, Xiao Zhan!" Huisuang yelled standing at the door way and Zhan flinched for a moment. Just when he was about to ask the other person leave, he saw Wen Ning and Wen Qing coming over.

He pretended to act normal but they had already seen Nie Huisuang standing there with a furious expression and thus, he realized, it was too late to hide things anymore.

Might as well tell the truth.

"You leave," He said to Huisuang. "I have got something else to do."

Wen Ning and Wen Qing had already walked over and now stood beside him.

"Who is this?" Wen Qing asked, pointing at the new visitor.

"An old friend." Zhan muttered and beckoned them to get in, while glaring at Huisuang to leave. But as expected, his old friend stood there, rooted on the spot, demanding for an answer.

"Just because of your own stupidity, you are hurting both Wang Yibo and your baby. This is wrong Xiao Zhan." Nie Huisuang stated, his voice carrying a bit of sadness.

But before Zhan could refute, Wen Qing spoke.

"Wang Yibo...? You mean, Second Master Wang?"

Xiao Zhan snapped his head towards her, his eyes going wide. How could she know of him?!

"You know him?" Huisuang asked.

"I work as his family doctor." Wen Qing replied. And then asked Zhan, "What's your relationship with him?"

"There is no any..." Xiao Zhan was stopped halfway by Nie Huisuang who said, "Let me tell you in detail."