𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"Yibo," Wang Qiren called, during the middle of their dinner, "I heard that you went to meet Nie Huisuang today."

"Yes, I did." Wang Yibo replied, knowing exactly what his uncle was about to ask.

"Oh? I haven't heard much from Huisuang lately." Wang Xichen butted in. "How is he doing?"

"He is doing good." Yibo answered, taking a mouthful of noodles in.

"Would you mind telling me why you went to meet him?" Qiren inquired, trying to sound stern.

"I had some business to speak with him." Yibo said, clenching his fists under the table to not be furious.

"Uncle, they are friends. What's wrong in catching up?" Xichen asked then he continued, "Moreover Yibo has just returned. It's good to catch up with his old friends."

"I don't mind if he catch up with his old friends but it doesn't seem like he just went for a little chat with Huisuang. Isn't it?" Qiren asked, eyeing Yibo who seemed least bothered.

Hearing his uncle, Yibo placed down his fork and stood up, making a creak sound by dragging the chair along.

"What does uncle want to know? Be straight forward."

"Yibo, why are you getting tensed up?" Xichen asked. "Sit down and have your dinner."

Wang Yibo did not mind his brother's words and looked at his uncle, demanding for an answer.

"I would like to know," Qiren said placing down his fork too. "If you are seeing Xiao Zhan, again?"

"Huh, what?" Xichen was confused. "Uncle, there must be so-..." He was cut off by Wang Yibo who replied, very daringly.

"Yes. I am."

"Wang Yibo!" Both Qiren and Xichen yelled, standing up and glaring at Yibo.

"What's up? Why are you two so tensed up?" Wang Yibo asked, sounding as if he was oblivious.

It was Xichen who spoke first, through clenched teeth, "Wang Yibo, I am warning you. Don't you dare get close to Xiao Zhan!"

"Why can I not?" Wang Yibo shot back.

"Because he is an adulterer!" Wang Qiren fumed.

"Uncle!" Wang Yibo roared, glaring deathly at Wang Qiren. "Don't you dare speak ill of my Zhan Ge or I won't even spare you despite you being my uncle. Mind it."

"Wang Yibo!" Xichen barked. "Apologize to uncle. Right now!"

"He should apologize to me." Yibo hissed.

"You..." Qiren was stunned by Yibo's words so he felt a little hard to speak. When he finally recovered, he said, "You are going against us for the sake of that omega! What do you think you are doing?!"

"Doing what I should have done long time ago. I failed Zhan Ge and now it's my turn to make things right."

"Make things right?" Xichen repeated. "He failed you. You did not fail him. Remember it first."

"Zhan Ge never failed me. He is still raising our baby all alone. He is going through every hardship just to make our baby, my baby, see the light of this world. It's a shame that I haven't got to him any sooner. I am late. Very late already."

"Shut up, Yibo!" Xichen could not keep his voice liw anymore. "Stop talking like a fool. Who said that it is your baby?! It is someone else's!"

"You have no right to speak ill of my baby, Wang Xichen!"

"What proof do you have that it is your baby?" Wang Xichen asked back.

"Proof is not life! Trust is life!" Wang Yibo spat back, raging in anger.