𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆

The next day, Xiao Zhan woke up to the loud alarm coming from his phone on the nightstand notifying him that it was all the sleep he would get for today. He sighed. It wouldn't be a big deal to him if he oversaw the head splitting headache he was having at the moment. He got off his bed and then out of his room. He reached his son's room.

Xiao Zhan opened the door slowly to the sight of A-yaun sleeping. A deep peaceful sleep . Xiao Zhan smiled softly and closed the door just like he had opened it. He walked over to his kitchen and started making coffee at a little faster pace than he usually did. He felt like he might fall apart anytime soon if he did not get that caffeine into his body in a few minutes.

He let out a big sigh for the second time this morning.

Xiao Zhan took the cup of coffee and walked over to the small living room, to have a seat on the chair. But what he did not expect was, Wang Yibo sleeping on the corner of the small hall, curled up in a corner with no pillow and a blanket.

Xiao Zhan's breath hitched and for a moment, he could not understand what Wang Yibo was doing here. Just when he was about to kick Wang Yibo awake, scenes from yesterday began flooding in.

From now on, Wang Yibo would stay here. He would stay here to co-parent A-yaun with him. And no matter what he said, his words would not be taken into account and Wang Yibo would still end up doing what he wanted.

Xiao Zhan stared at the sleeping Yibo for more than a minute before taking a seat on the chair, careful as not to make any sound.

It was clear that Wang Yibo was not having a good sleep. His brows were furrowed and from time to time, he kept scratching his body from mosquito bites.

Xiao Zhan smirked. Wang Yibo was a person with wealth. With this kind of sleep, he was sure that Wang Yibo would leave on his own even if he did not throw him out.

Xiao Zhan felt happy at the thought and took a sip of his coffee when he heard Wang Yibo groan at another bite of a mosquito.

And suddenly, Xiao Zhan recalled a scene from the past. From three years back.

-

It had been two weeks since Wang Yibo had been away, out of the country, and Xiao Zhan had missed him very much already.

Well, they indeed spoke through video and voice calls but it still felt different from being next to each other.

And that night, Wang Yibo had arrived, looking very exhausted and tired. He was all pale and Xiao Zhan had hurried over quickly, hugging his husband and helping him to the sofa.

Xiao Zhan had inquired him of the journey and everything when he had finally asked,

"What do you need? Shall I help you run a bath? Or shall I make dinner? What do you want?" His husband looked like he might fall over in a strong wind, and his brain was already in problem solving-mode, wishing he could just wave a magic wand and make Wang Yibo feel better.

"Just you," Wang Yibo had answered with a sigh.

"You have me." Xiao Zhan had answered.

Wang Yibo's hand had come up to wrap around Xiao Zhan's jaw, pulling him in for a kiss. It was sweet and slow, unhurried, just fitting back together after a few weeks apart like two wires being reconnected to form a circuit.

The warm feeling of true contentment that Xiao Zhan only ever felt with Wang Yibo filled up his chest, his internal batteries already recharging from just a few kisses from the man in his arms.

Wang Yibo's lips trailed down along his jaw, then he snuggled against Xiao Zhan for a few more seconds before pulling away and adding with a soft chuckle, "And probably a shower."

"Go then," Xiao Zhan had said, gently nudging him toward the bathroom. "It will help you relax."

"Zhan Ge, Join me?" Wang Yibo had asked.

"If I join you, that won't be just a shower anymore." Xiao Zhan had chuckled, pushing Wang Yibo away.

"So what if its not a shower anymore?" Wang Yibo had pulled him closer again. "I still want you. I have missed you very much Zhan Ge..." Wang Yibo had nestled on Zhan's neck, smelling his scent gland before placing a kiss on it.

"Yibo, you look exhausted. Have a shower first, then dinner. We can consider other things later."

"Other things?! Consider?!" Wang Yibo had yelled, faking a surprise, "Zhan Ge, you are so cruel."

"If you keep staying here, you will have to sleep alone tonight. Do you want to?"

"I am on my way to shower!" Wang Yibo had cried, running away to their room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Xiao Zhan had laughed to himself, then had begun preparing dinner for his alpha.

That night, Wang Yibo had really showed him how much he had missed his omega and it had been almost past one, when they had been finally able to grab some sleep, Xiao Zhan numb and sore all over.

-

Xiao Zhan was immersed in his memories when he felt someone hold his hand. He instantly jerked away, some of the coffee spilling out and when he looked up, he saw Wang Yibo kneeling in front of him, staring with those eyes that Xiao Zhan had always loved, at him.

Xiao Zhan was about to push him away and get up when Wang Yibo held his hand tightly and in place. Xiao Zhan was forced to stay.

"Let go of me!" He barked.

"Why are you crying?" Wang Yibo asked instead.

"Cr...crying...?" When Xiao Zhan placed proper attention to his face, he indeed felt that it was wet.

May be it was because of the past memory.

"None of your business." Xiao Zhan tried to stand up again but Wang Yibo did not let him to.

"Will you let go of me?!" Xiao Zhan spat again.

Wang Yibo had just stared into his eyes for more than few minutes before a tear slip down his face and his hand trembled. In a low voice, he said,

"If you don't want me," Yibo's breath was shaky but still he faced Xiao Zhan in a determined manner. "I can't change that. But I'll still be here, waiting for you to come back to me."