𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐

Xiao Zhan took a deep breath and let himself look into Wang Yibo, his alpha's eyes, levelling that stare with his own. He felt something knot in his throat at the way Yibo looked at him, tender and raw and a thousand other emotions all at once. Give in, please, his gaze seemed to say.

Xiao Zhan sighed. I already have, haven't I?

Taking a very shaky breath, Xiao Zhan gently removed both of Yibo's hands from his waist and took them in his own. He gently traced a finger over Yibo's pulse point, mirroring his actions. He could feel more than hear Yibo's sigh as Yibo slowly interlaced their fingers together. He brought his left hand up to Xiao Zhan's face and made a move as if to tuck a stray lock of hair away behind his ears, but then stopped, hand hovering in front of Xiao Zhan's face.

An intense wave of affection surged through Xiao Zhan, looking into his alpha's eyes and his actions.

They didn't say anything to each other, they didn't have to. Yibo smiled softly at Xiao Zhan, softly caressing his cheeks before bringing his hands down.

Yibo was smiling, and his eyes were soft. Tender, loving. For a second Xiao Zhan thought he could see an I love you in them.

The smile was so tender, so warm, and Xiao Zhan's heart ached.

"Zhan Ge," Yibo said, his smile faltering a little, "I love you."

Xiao Zhan's breath hitched and his heart ached even more.

Xiao Zhan wanted to scream and call Wang Yibo a liar. He wanted to vent out his anger on Yibo, to make Yibo feel the pain of betrayal that he had felt three years back which had yet to heal.

He wanted Yibo to feel the pain he felt back then, the shock he received back then, which collectively have now become into loathing.

"I was wrong back then," Yibo said, "I... I was very wrong to leave you the way I did. It was all my fault Zhan ge...I still like you a lot, no, I love you. I've loved you for long, that has never changed". He held Zhan's hands. "Please give me another chance to start a life with you, to build a future with you and to grow old by your side, to be the perfect father for A-yaun. To be with you forever." As he said this, tears began to flow from his eyes. He was sad and he just couldn't hold back the tears. "I will work hard for the both of us Zhan ge, I promise. Please give me another chance".

Yibo could feel his heart pounding in his chest, his palms were sweating, he was trembling visibly. He felt as if he had lost the control of his body. He stood rooted to that spot, looking into the eye's of the owner of his heart.

He would do anything to keep Zhan with him. He had no strength in him to see his omega walk away for the second time again.

He moved his lips but no sound came out. He watched Xiao Zhan search into his eyes for any sign of lies.

Xiao Zhan was speechless. There were no words to describe how he felt at the moment. For some reason, he believed every single word Yibo said. Was Yibo lying to him? Was he being a fool all over again? No, it doesn't seem that way. He could see Yibo was sincere when he spoke. Sad, hurt, but he was sincere. Was he wrong all this while? Was he the one who hurt Yibo instead? Was he... arrrgh! His head hurt, he wanted to run away and he wanted to hold Yibo at the same time. He wanted to apologize and tell Yibo how much he missed him. He wanted to tell Yibo that he had not moved on. He wanted to tell Yibo that the moment Yibo mentioned them growing old together, he has never pictured a life without Yibo.

For the first time in three years, his chest felt light. He had almost forgotten how that felt. The feeling felt very new yet being old.

Xiao Zhan had been a mess for a long time after the incident back then. He had been sad, hurt, betrayed and angry! He had withdrew into a shell and became indifferent. He wasn't ready to face the world after that incident; it was easier to hide in his own little world where he didn't have to pretend to be happy. He just wanted to be alone. It had been very easier when Meng Yao had locked him up but that wasn't enough too. He did not want to see anyone except his baby.

Xiao Zhan could not help but think if they could have been a happy family if they had fixed things between them back then, only if they had got a chance.

There was a thought inside his head, what if he wasn't locked up and pursued on looking for Yibo and letting him know what had happened? But he just shook away those thoughts when Yibo called out to him again, making him go back to the reality they were right now.

"Wh...what do you want?" Zhan asked.

"You." Yibo declared. "I want you, your heart, your body, your soul, your love, your everything!"

"Don...Don't say things yo...you don't me...mean..!" Zhan stuttered, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Zhan Ge, I mean it. I had never said any thing without meaning it when it came to you. I have never taken any of my words as a joke when it came to you. You are my everything and all that u have. I dare not joke with you about these things, please.... Trust me!"

"I trusted you once but what did you do?!" Xiao Zhan cried.

"I am sorry, Zhan Ge... I am very sorry. Please... please trust me one last time and I swear that I will never make you regret your decision..."

"Trust is of utmost importance and an integral part of happy and fulfilling relationships." Xiao Zhan said, tears running down his cheek. "Without trust, relationships are like a life without oxygen. You will feel suffocated when you realize that your husband had never trusted you at all. And I felt even worse, Wang Yibo!"

"Zhan Ge, I-..."

"Once broken, it is broken. It will remain broken. I once trusted you but I won't be a fool to trust you again."