Chapter 44.

Assalamualaikum
How are you?

"One of the greatest feelings is when someone let's you be their priority with the right responsibilities!"

I am really sorry for the very late update.

30.05.23

Unedited.

*****************************

Halcyon

(adj.) call and peaceful;
happy, prosperous.

*****************************

Ibaad's P.o.v:

After a long meeting I came back to my office and sat on my chair after removing my coat. I closed my eyes and ran my hands from my face to my hairs tiredly. It freaking took me 3 hours to crack the deal.

If it was any other deal then I would have let it go but it was important one. We are planning to open a new branch in spain so we planned to it with collaboration with Mk corporation which is currently in one of the top 5 businessman list. They are on the 3rd rank. We are on top since past few years and I am proud of my employees hardwork and dedication. 2nd highest post is held by our rivals Mr. Mc Callum.

He is our biggest rival in business world and in Mafia world it's the Russian Mafia. Having rivals in business is not a big deal for me, the deal is when they violate the rules and choose the wrong path to acquire fame and success.

The idea of collaborating with Matteo Kingston came from one of my employee, Ms. Bailey. She is the most hardwork employee and comes up with creative ideas majority of the time. She has great skills and is very talented.

People in office might think I don't even know their name or anything related to them. But unfortunately for them I knew about each and everything about each of my employee. Before selecting them I make sure to run a background check on each of my employee. Even if a person will be working as a guard or watchman.

Every year I do an overall check on each of my employee and according to their work performance, their behaviour towards other staff, towards non working staff and their capabilities I give them rank. Some lucky one's get promoted and unlucky one's get demoted. I make sure to raise or lower their pay based of their monthly performance.

I smirked thinking about those employees who will be demoted from their posts. I thought to take a nap and informed Xavier about it and went to my office room. I losened my tie and folded my sleeves till my forearm and laid on my bed after taking of my shoes and watch.

I adjusted the temperature of the AC and closed my eyes to get some sleep after covering myself with the duvet.

*****************************