S02:E03

⚠︎︎WARNING:THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A HEATED MOMENT (MIGUEL X OC) NO SMUT JUST A FAIR WARNING⚠︎︎
•~3rd person P.O.V~•
The beach. The beach that was only a short walk away from the very skatepark where Ellie and Robby had hung out. With its crimson blue waves that crashed onto the light tan sand. The beach with salty air and an active atmosphere. Ellie loved to be there, especially with the sun was going down when the daytime was falling but nighttime hadn't yet crept into the sky just yet.

"How do you do it?" Moon giggled. Ellie furrowed her eyebrows, what was she talking about? Ellie liked Moon, she was super sweet, at least she was now. Ellie knew she used to be mean, but at least she was better than Yasmine and apologized. Yasmine was still convinced that what she did to Aisha and Eli wasn't wrong.

"Hmm?" Ellie put her bright yellow bookmark in the crevice of the book she'd bought only yesterday. Icebreaker by Hannah Grace, Ellie had seen it on TikTok and it piqued her interest. She brought it along with her because she knew she wouldn't be interested in playing volleyball.

"How do you get all of these people to flock to you?" Five boys and two girls had come up to Ellie and asked for her number. She had turned them all down because she felt uncomfortable giving someone her number that she didn't know. "You have all of these boys and girls coming up to you asking for your number and you make it seem so effortless." Moon continued, Ellie wasn't sure how to respond. She didn't really do anything.

"I...I don't really do anything." Ellie replied hesitantly, hoping she didn't sound like she was bragging.

"So people are naturally just attracted to you?" Ellie gulped, feeling heat rise to her cheeks although she wasn't sure if it was from Moon's compliment or from the bright burning sun. Ellie looked at Moon intently. The sun shone through her light brown hair and illuminated her naturally tan skin. With her bright, shiny, dark brown eyes and effortlessly toned body, Ellie felt honored to be complimented by Moon.

"I'm not so sure about that." Ellie smiled shyly, as she looked down at her light blue and fraying shorts.

"Well, I'm sure about it. You're pretty and cool, and funny too! It's easy to understand why people like you." Ellie felt herself blush again. The Moon was complimenting Ellie? In what world was that normal?

"Thanks." Moon smiled before she stood up again and went to play volleyball with Eli and Demetri. Meanwhile, Ellie sat with her legs crossed on top of her towel, not too far from the group, watching them. Ellie was convinced that summer was happiness in a season. She could go out with her friends, and stay out as long as possible without worrying about whether it was a school night.

Just then, Miguel strolled onto the sand with a towel flung over his shoulder. His eyes were still filled with exhaustion and sadness. Ellie was sure he'd be over Sam by now, but it was very obvious he wasn't.

"Hey, Miguel." Ellie greeted him softly, her heart aching that her friend was in so much pain. Miguel was one of the sweetest people Ellie knew, he didn't deserve to be so upset.

"Hey, Ellie." He sighed, before walking to greet Eli. Ellie frowned before sighing, everyone had tried everything to cheer Miguel up but nothing had worked. It was utterly devastating.

Ellie had returned to her book while Eli and Miguel spoke, so she didn't see them look at her once Miguel revealed that Robby Keene was actually Johnny Lawrence's son. Miguel had found out when he went to bring his Sensei some food and saw a picture of young Robby on his refrigerator.

Eli and Miguel were thinking the same thing. At the time, Miguel wasn't one hundred percent sure he was right about his suspicions. However, they knew that Ellie would know due to her relationship with Robby. She could confirm it or disprove it.