S05:E02

(a/n: just wanted to say I am NOT going back and writing in certain character pov's! I just wanted to dedicate a chapter to Robby/Robby's feelings! anyway, hope you enjoy!)
•~Robby's P.O.V~•
He didn't understand. How could she have gotten a boyfriend so quickly? Well, he understood how she got one, he understood the attraction very well. Hell, he still understood the attraction but he couldn't understand how she was attracted to him.

He came back from Mexico, helping his Dad look for Miguel, and suddenly she was with a boy. Miyagi Do had a big celebration party with all of their new recruits that transferred from Cobra Kai, and that was where Ellie introduced him to everyone. Robby didn't like him, he bragged about how rich his family was and how he never had a job in his life but he still had a sports car. Maybe his judgment was clouded with jealousy, but he didn't care. If Ellie liked him, and Ellie was happy then that was good enough for him.

But that was the thing. He couldn't tell if Ellie was happy because she still wouldn't talk to him. Hawk had forgiven him, but Ellie had stayed true to her word and still hated him. He hadn't really tried to talk to her, just a few simple smiles and waves, but she never returned them.

What was even worse was that she'd been so excited when Miguel came home. She'd been worried about him from the moment she got the message from Johnny that Miguel had run away. At least that was what Hawk had told Robby. He didn't have to tell Miguel, he had messages to prove it. She'd hugged him and told him if he ever did anything like that again that she'd beat his ass. Then she thanked Johnny, right in front of Robby.

"Dude, what's up with you?" Robby's head snapped up as Hawk suddenly spoke to him. He was supposed to be stretching, instead, he stood staring at Ellie and Aidan. She was telling him goodbye, laughing and giggling with him. Robby hated it.

"Nothing." He sighed, going back to stretching with Hawk and Miguel. His dad had gotten back his old dojo since Cobra Kai left, but he still practiced with Miyagi Do sometimes which was why Miguel was there with them.

"It's Ellie...isn't it?" Miguel asked him, glancing at her as she returned to Tory. Tory had joined Eagle Fang with Kenny. Robby looked at her, wishing she'd look at him, at least once. Just a glance. "She still hasn't talked to you?" Miguel asked, Hawk snorted earning a glare from Robby.

"She's very dedicated," Robby admitted, his chest beginning to hurt as he heard her laugh. He despised Aidan if he did the smallest thing wrong, Robby would be quick to point it out.

"You know, it was kinda funny at first but now it's kind of tiring." Hawk stood up straight, putting his hands on his hips as he looked at his sister. "I thought she'd give up by now." Miguel nodded. Robby shrugged. Ellie was happy without him, which hurt of course, but as long as Ellie was happy then he could hurt. It didn't matter to him. "You know what..." Robby furrowed his eyebrows, as did Miguel, as Hawk strolled over to Ellie.

He spoke rather quickly to her and she looked more confused than Miguel or Robby. She quickly trailed after Hawk, Robby wondered what he'd said to her to even get her to stand near him. But then, Hawk waved him over to the small shed-type structure that stood at the very front of Miyagi Do. Robby looked at Miguel, who shrugged, before walking over to him. It was then that he shoved Robby and Ellie inside of it, proceeding to close the door behind them.

"Fucking asshole," Ellie mumbled, crossing her arms across her chest. She still wouldn't look at him, her eyes stayed glued to the wooden floors. Robby sighed, someone would have to talk eventually and Robby wanted it to be him.

"I'm sorry." He blurted. He spent countless nights writing out the perfect apology to Ellie, with everything he ever wanted to say to her, but he realized it didn't have to be perfect. Perfect felt fake, rehearsed, and he wanted this to be real. "I know that by hurting Hawk, I hurt you, and I apologized to him but never to you which isn't right." His shoulders relaxed, a small sigh leaving his lips as Ellie glanced from him to the floor. The same way she did when they first met at LaRusso Autos. "I'm sorry, Ellie, I shouldn't have shaved Hawk's head and then acted like I didn't do anything wrong. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, Ellie, I hate that I hurt you and I just wanna be whatever you want me to be. You want me to leave you alone and never talk to you ever again? Done. You want me to only talk to you when I have to? Done. You want me to be your friend, the way we were before we dated? Done, done faster than any of the others." Robby sucked in a breath since he'd been talking so quickly, but breathing didn't seem so important at that moment. "I know your with Aidan, and as much as I'd love to be with you I know you love him and I just wanna be whatever you want me to be." Ellie opened her mouth to speak but found her voice had sizzled out in her throat.

So, instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. She lightly rubbed his shoulder, a small smile plastered on her face. Robby felt himself stiffen for a moment, not expecting her to forgive him so quickly, but only a second later he was hugging her back.

He felt his heart swell and his heartburn. He loved her, more than anything else in the world. He wanted to kiss her, hug her, cuddle with her, he wanted to go back to the way it was but he couldn't. He would be the friend Ellie wanted him to be, even if it hurt to do so.
________________________________
A/n: fun fact, Robby's little speech was heavily based off of lyrics from "where do we go now? by Gracie Abrams" which I LOVE and I edited Ellie and Robby to but it's still in my TikTok drafts.
Word Count:1,091