S05:E09

(a/n: above is an obituary I made for Ellie </3)
•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Robby had never been to a funeral before, but he already dreaded it. He never imagined going to Ellie's funeral, because this wasn't something that was supposed to happen. He, Hawk, and Miguel had all been to court last week. Robby hated seeing Ethan there, it wasn't fair. Why did he get to live and not Ellie?

Why did people like murderers and rapists get to live but Ellie, who's never done a thing wrong, had to die? It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that he got only forty years in prison because Ellie only got to live for seventeen of the eighty years she should've. Ellie didn't get justice, the get justice Ethan would have to die and be tortured in some type of hell.

He was handed an obituary as he, his dad, Carmen, and Miguel walked into the church. Ellie's face stared up at him, a bright smile on her face and her eyes swirling with bright happiness. He felt his eyes quickly well with tears as he gulped, making his eyes stare straight forward while he walked inside.

There were two giant pictures of Ellie by the doors, along with a TV on the wall with a slideshow of pictures and videos of her. Her casket was opened, but Robby was glad he couldn't see her from the entrance.

He sat down in a chair next to his dad as Carmen went to find Amanda and Miguel went to find Hawk. He hadn't spoken in at least four days, staring off into space with no thought behind his eyes. His dad placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, giving him a small squeeze.

Robby had been told that they were gonna ask people to speak up at the podium, and one of those people would probably be him. He'd tried writing a well-written speech but nothing ever felt enough, but then he remembered something Ellie had told him.

The best things aren't planned.

He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to push everything out of his head. He'd never thought so much in his entire life. He just wanted a blank mind, to not think of Ellie for one second. To not worry if she'd been praying for him to come to her side. To not wonder what her last thoughts and wishes were.

"What're you talking about?!" Everyone looked up, seeing Hawk yelling at his mom while Miguel tried to pull him away. The people surrounding his mom looked confused, but his mom looked like she knew what he meant. "Stop your fake fucking crying! You didn't love her! You kicked her out, you said she was like dad, you treated her like shit!" His voice broke, and Miguel was finally able to pull him away from the group. His shoulders began to shake as he cried, Robby could hardly imagine what he was going through. Robby felt like shit and he'd only known her for a little over two years. Hawk knew her since birth.

The speeches started soon after, Robby guessed it was to draw attention away from the outburst. There were some short speeches from family members Robby didn't know, that he didn't care about until Miguel stepped onto the stage.

"My name's Miguel," he started, "and Ellie was my best friend." Robby could hear him gulp, his eyes glancing from the casket to the people in front of him. "The first time I met Ellie, which was at lunch on my first day at All Valley High School, I thought she was a popular girl who took pity on the losers and sat with us. Turns out, she wasn't. She was Hawk's sister, although they were polar opposites." He chuckled slightly. "Ellie was sweet and smart and was never afraid to stand up for whatever she thought was right. She was great at karate, she definitely could've been the All-Valley champ if her mom had allowed her." He cast a disapproving glare at her mom. "I know it's stupid, but I thought Ellie was one of those people who would never die. Like a little kid who's oblivious to the matter of life and death, but she was always so lively. She lit up every room she walked into, and could easily make you laugh." Robby watched tears well into Miguel's eyes as he tried to finish speaking. "It sucks that we have to be here, without Ellie." He quickly walked down the steps and sat down next to his mom.

"My name's Hawk and I knew Ellie since we popped out of the womb." He laughed slightly, Robby quickly learned that he used humor to cope with whatever bothered him. "Um, I remember when me and Ellie were little and still living with our biological father, she used to tell me she thought she'd die by his hands. We never saw a way out of the abusive situation, so Ellie thought the only out would be death. I told her she wouldn't, that I'd always protect her," Tears dripped down his cheeks as he spoke, quickly wiping them away, "turns out she was right. I shouldn't have to be here, without Ellie, because of my dad. I should be arguing with her over what movie to watch and that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. Ellie was too good for this world, which is why she touched so many people, even people who I used to hate." Hawk glanced at Robby, his eyes glazed over yet still listening. "Ellie should be applying to colleges and writing down what she wanted her future to look like in this notebook." He held up a leather-bound journal. "And I'm going to give this to the person she wanted to spend her life with. I love you, Ellie, and I always will." He stepped down from the podium, slowly walking towards Robby.

He placed it softly in his hands before returning to his seat. Robby traced over her name that had been printed on the cover in gold letters. Was it really him that she wanted to spend her life with? That just made him feel even worse. He didn't know what he wanted to do in the future, besides be with Ellie. That was all he knew, and now that was gone. There was no future for him without Ellie.

"My name's Daniel LaRusso, my wife Amanda LaRusso would be up here with me but she's been crying so much that she can't stand." Robby had never seen Daniel look so tired, so worn out, so sad. "I remember meeting Ellie when she was around nine when she was so interested in the cars that she'd stare into the windows after that day like it was some toy shop." Daniel chuckled a bit before continuing. "From that day on, she fixed cars with me and called me and Amanda Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso. No matter how many times we told her she didn't have to. She was smart, really smart, she seemed to be good at literally everything. There were times that she told us things, about her home life or childhood that influenced us to get the adoption papers we have now." Robby watched him gulp. "We never told Ellie about them, because we were waiting for her mom's approval as well as hers but we already saw her as a daughter. Just a couple weeks ago she admitted to me and Amanda that she saw us as her parents, and we couldn't have been happier. I just hope, wherever she is, that she's happy because she always wanted all of us to be happy even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness. She will be missed." Daniel walked down from the podium, and Robby knew it was his turn.

"My name's Robby," He started, gulping deeply, "and Ellie was my girlfriend. I met her at LaRusso Auto's where I tried to find an excuse to talk to her. I quickly found it when I almost ran her over." Robby would've laughed a couple of weeks ago, but he couldn't. "I quickly fell in love with Ellie. She was smart, sweet, cool, funny, beautiful, and a million other words, and more. I was infatuated with her, I loved her more than life. When I was with her, I was complete and nothing else mattered. Ellie should be here, smiling, laughing, and completing everything she'd written in this book." Robby felt hot tears streak his cheeks as he held up the book. "I love Ellie, more than anything, and I always will."
________________________________
A/n: y'all I can't do this😭
Word Count:1,454