S04:E03

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Ellie didn't really enjoy learning Miyagi Do, she liked learning different ways to do something but Miyagi Do was just so boring to learn. Even with Robby teaching her and everyone else. She enjoyed learning Cobra Kai's techniques because they were much more eventful, and she could always put pent-up emotions behind her moves. Miyagi Do was always about blocking moves and then striking. Ellie enjoyed striking first, not second.

"Mr. Keene. You have a visitor." Kreese announced, everyone, stopping their movements to look at the frightened boy standing next to their Sensei. Ellie felt herself smile. The boy reminded her of Eli, not Hawk, Eli. A sweet boy seeking refuge. Ellie looked at Robby, his face etched with confusion.

"Do you know him?" Ellie asked, glancing at the boy. Robby shook his head, looking at the boy as well.

"I-I-I'm Kenny. My brother, Shawn Payne, said you could help me." The boy was adorable, but Ellie didn't know who Shawn Payne was. Despite that, she wanted to help Kenny, and when Johnny was their Sensei then he may have helped Kenny but not Kreese. Kreese wanted people who were already fighters, for the All Valley. Johnny would've helped, no matter how close the All Valley was.

"I didn't know Shawn had a brother. Is he out?" Ellie understood. Shawn Payne must've been someone Robby was in juvie with.

"No. That's why I'm here. These a-holes keep hassling me. One of them knows karate, so-" Kenny tried to explain, but Kreese quickly interrupted him.

"This is a dojo. You are interrupting my class." Ellie frowned, wishing Kreese would shut up for once.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Kenny apologized quickly, his voice quivering with nervousness.

"Sensei. Shawn Payne was one of the toughest guys in juvie. Kicked my ass a few times." Kreese chuckled, but Ellie didn't find it funny. She remembered his bruised face, and worrying about if he was okay during the night. How much she loathed the unnamed, at the time, guy for beating up Robby for no reason.

"You know, in the real world, we have to fight our own battles. Cobra Kai can teach you how. But you have to prove that you're worthy." Ellie drew in a large breath, knowing that Kenny wouldn't prove anything. He just said kids were "hassling" him, and that he needed help. If he knew how to stick up for himself, he wouldn't have come to the dojo.

"How do I do that?" He asked, clutching the straps of his backpack tightly.

"Take your shoes off and get on the mat," Kreese ordered. Ellie grabbed Robby's arm, pulling him away from Kreese's sight.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly, looking her over.

"He's not gonna prove himself! He just said he needed help because people were bullying him, and if he doesn't prove himself then Kreese won't help him or teach him." Ellie whisper-shouted. Robby glanced at Kenny and then back at Ellie, a small sigh falling from his mouth.

"Maybe he will." He lied. He knew, as well as everyone else, that he wouldn't prove himself.

Ellie wished Kreese would've chosen her to fight against Kenny. She would've taken it easy on him, she would've let him prove himself. Kyler didn't. Kyler and everyone else thought it was hilarious. Maybe it was different for Ellie because she watched her brother do the same thing for years. Back then she was defenseless, now she wasn't, but she didn't do a thing.

As soon as Kenny ran out of the dojo, Ellie stood and ran back to the dressing rooms. Why she suddenly remembered every time she and Hawk ran away from bullies, at home and at school, Ellie didn't know but she remembered everything. Every little detail. From the burning in her legs to the fear pumping from her heart and into her veins.