S04:E04

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
"Hey boys," Hawk's head drew up as he heard Ellie's voice, along with Bert and Nate, "looks like we're having a bit too much fun in here." She smirked, Hawk, freezing as he held the boy against the door of one of the toilets. Why was Ellie in the boy's bathroom, he wondered. "How about we let go of my friend." Hawk did immediately, the infliction in her voice scared him. Like she was going to pounce on him and beat the shit out of him until he blacked out.

"Ellie, I didn't-" Hawk started.

"I know you didn't, but um...just reference for next time..." Ellie slowly inched closer to her brother, suddenly seeing him as an enemy. As if her brother was Kyler and Kenny was Eli. "If you touch him again, I'll break your fingers individually. Understand?" Ellie glanced at Nate and Bert, who were practically shitting themselves in fear. "That goes for everyone," She added, "I asked a question, and I expect an answer," Ellie ordered, her teeth clenched as she spoke.

"We understand," Hawk answered for the group, a faux, sick, smile spreading across Ellie's face.

"Great, we're all on the same page." She turned and slung her arm around Kenny, walking out of the bathroom with him. She didn't plan on telling Robby about the incident, because she'd dealt with it.

"Who was that?" Kenny asked, Ellie could feel his heart beating quickly against her arm. His breathing was starting to return to a regular pace, the fear slowly draining from him.

"An insecure asshole who has to pick on middle schoolers to feel confident, someone who doesn't deserve a name." Kenny chuckled. He didn't understand why Ellie had taken a likening to him, or why she was so protective of him, but he enjoyed it. It was as if she were Shawn in a way. Next time he visited Shawn, he would make sure to tell Shawn about her, so that he knew he was okay. So if he was dog shit at karate, at least he'd have someone there for him. "I'm guessing you're touring the high school, so we should probably find your group before they leave without you."

~

Ellie went to karate practice the next day, not thinking about the incident at the high school, but Kenny was. Kenny told Robby, and Robby immediately knew who Kenny was talking about. Kenny didn't, thankfully. Robby just wanted to know why Ellie hadn't told him.

Ellie had her reasons. The biggest reason was that Hawk was her brother and she didn't want Robby to go after him but she also had other things, more important things, to think about.

Ellie had been kicked out. Her mom texted her the night before, saying she was too disrespectful, too disruptive, and she wasn't the daughter she raised. For those reasons, she couldn't have Ellie in her house. She said she didn't want Ellie to corrupt Hawk. Then, she was blocked.

Robby and Ellie would have to find a new hotel soon enough, close enough to the school so Ellie could still go. Ellie was thinking about moving into a motel since they tended to be more lenient with people living in their rooms for long periods of time. But Ellie knew they'd have to move again and again. Eventually, she'd have to go back and get her things, maybe even try to find an apartment in the process.

But she was only seventeen. No one would give an apartment to a minor. She sighed as she scrolled through motels around her, most of them had few rooms, bad ratings, or were too far away from her school. She was running out of choices. Her last choice would be to turn to the LaRussos for help but she doubted that they'd let Robby stay with her.

Ellie wasn't sure if Hawk had anything to do with her being kicked out of if he even knew but she decided not to bring it up. She hadn't seen him since the school day when he picked on Kenny and she wasn't sure if she wanted to see him. Hawk wasn't her brother anymore, Hawk was just someone she knew from her past. That was what she told herself.