S03:E06

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
⚠︎︎WARNING:THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF PAST SA, PLEASE SKIP IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU (LOOK FOR THE WARNING FOR WHERE TO SKIP AND WHERE TO START)⚠︎︎
(A/n:quick little note here. the reason I skipped S03:E05 is bc there was no scene to insert Ellie in or anything I could come up with to put in the chapter. so, just want you guys to know that Ellie did not participate in the fight where Hawk broke Demetri's arm)

Ellie walked inside the dojo and thought it would be any regular day. Just practice, hang out with the other Cobra's for a bit, maybe go and see Robby but she was quickly proved wrong when she overheard a conversation.

"Man, it was so sick! Tory was just kickin' ass. I took care of Chris. Hawk got that beta Demetri in an arm bar like Chris Jericho and just..." Mitch made a crunching sound with his mouth, "cold-blooded. No mercy!" Mitch exclaimed, Ellie immediately looked at Tory and then at Eli.

"Way to go, Hawk." Red smiled.

"I didn't think you were actually gonna do it," Tory said, Ellie growing even more confused.

"They got what they deserved for what they did to Miguel. Still haven't seen him, have you?" Eli asked her, after receiving a guilty look at even the mention of Miguel.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Tory mumbled and walked away, Ellie quickly turned to Eli.

"What did you do? What is everyone talking about?" Eli started to speak when the bell chimed, which meant someone was entering the dojo. Ellie's eyes grew wide, as did Eli's, as they both saw a certain boy who had tormented them both. Just in different ways. Kyler. Along with his sidekick, who Ellie couldn't remember the name of.

"Class. Welcome our new students." Kreese announced, gesturing to the group. Ellie felt her heart beating in her throat, she could hear its thumps in her ears.

•~WARNING:TALK OF PAST SA AHEAD~•

She wasn't in math class again, she reminded herself. Kyler wasn't sitting beside her. She wasn't wearing a skirt, or shorts, or jeans, or leggings, or sweatpants. Kyler wasn't running his hand up her thigh and trying to shove his hand in her pants. She wasn't scared of him anymore. She didn't avoid telling anyone because she wasn't afraid that he'd hurt Eli anymore.

•~END OF TALK OF PAST SA~•

"I'll be right back," Eli whispered to her before walking up to talk to Kreese. She'd never told Eli what Kyler had done to her, every day in class just last school year. She wasn't entirely sure why she hadn't told Eli, but she knew he'd feel guilty for not protecting her. Not that he could, Kyler could really beat his ass back then, but not now.

"Everyone, fall in. Joining Cobra Kai is a privilege. It's not a gift. Which is why our recruits must earn their position in this dojo. Prepare yourselves for combat. Only the strong will survive." Ellie took a deep breath, lining up next to Tory.

Tory could practically feel the fear radiating off of Ellie. Her breathing was short, yet quick. Her shoulders were held high and stiff. Her lips were pressed tightly together, turning the skin around them white. She wanted to ask what was wrong, she just needed the chance to.

"Class, prepare for combat," Kreese announced again.

"Holy shit! You remember? Look, it's the kid with the lip! Yo, I thought he moved." Ellie's heart dropped. She'd been lucky enough to have Kyler not see her, but he saw Eli right away. His bright red mohawk made his stick out like a sore thumb, the one time when he didn't want to be seen.

"Oh, sh¡t. You're right! Right. Whoa! The hair kinda distracts you from it." Ellie felt like she'd taken the hardest punch to the gut when she saw Eli covering his lip with his index finger. Something he used to do a lot.

"All right, class. Let the games begin. You." Kreese said, pointing to Kyler and then looking around the room. "You." Kreese pointed at Mitch, a prideful smirk covering his lips. "Ready? Ai!" Kreese yelled the two beginning to fight. Ellie knew what the end of the fight would be, Kyler would win, and that was just what happened.

But, just as Mitch started to go back to his spot on the mat, Kreese spoke up.

"Where you going?" He asked, his arms folded across his chest.

"To my spot," Mitch answered, pants of exhaustion escaping from his lips.

"You lost to an untrained fighter. He's going to take your spot on the team." Ellie's eyes grew wide, as did Mitch's, as they both looked at Eli. Ellie was a good fighter, but everyone else in the room was a great fighter. She'd lose to everyone in the room, but she needed karate. She needed to defend herself.

"Sensei, Assface has been loyal to the dojo," Eli announced, but Kreese simply looked at him.

"I'm afraid he's not... Cobra Kai material. I told you, only the strong will survive." Ellie needed the confidence she had yesterday, the confidence she had before Kyler had walked into the room. Ellie needed it, in order to survive.

But, for some reason, even after she'd gained that confidence back, Kreese never chose her to fight. She saw Kreese look at her and then at Eli, who shook his head. Eli had been telling him not to choose her. Kreese looked back at Ellie, a look of determination on her face as she nodded, telling him to choose her.

"You." He pointed, a small smile growing across her face as another girl walked onto the mat with Ellie. Ellie looked at the girl's attire, she figured the girl was a gymnast. The flips and turns that Ellie could do would come easily to the other girl as well. So Ellie had to be fast, and her hits had to be forceful and strong.

Ellie's observations proved to be right, and she was glad that being so observant came so easily to her. Ellie kicked her in the face as to "finish her", her head hitting the ground with a hard thud.

"You chipped my tooth, bitch." She mumbled, holding her mouth.

"You needed braces anyway."

~

"There's no way Kreese is gonna kick Kyler out, but I don't know if I can be around him," Ellie explained, Robby listened intently as Ellie told him about her day.

"Why do you hate him so much?" Robby asked, wondering what Kyler had done to make Ellie hate him. Especially since Ellie didn't hate people easily.

"Well for one, he bullied Eli for years, for two...last year when Kyler sat next to me in math class he'd put his hand up my skirt or in my past drying class. I didn't have the heart to tell Eli, even now or anyone at all." Ellie admitted, drawing circles on the table. Robby scanned her face, as she refused to look at him.

"You need to tell him." She quickly looked up, worry laced in her eyes. "As much as I hate Hawk, he can actually do something, unlike me right now." Ellie shook her head.

"There's nothing he can do, Kyler will never leave Cobra Kai and Eli would hate him forever. Even more, than he does now." Ellie mumbled, letting out a soft sigh. "In order to have an effective dojo, there needs to be teamwork. All I need to do is make him scared of me like Eli did today." Robby nodded, although he wanted Ellie to tell Hawk.

"Just stick with Hawk, so Kyler will leave you alone." Ellie nodded in agreement. "And when I get out, you can stick with me." Robby smiled as Ellie blushed, nodding again. "You know what the worst part about being here is?" Ellie shook her head.

"No, what is it?" She asked, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Not getting to be with you is worse than all the fights, the shitty guards, the shitty food, and the random visit from my dad. Days trudge by like years and all I want is to be out there with you." Ellie felt her face grow even more hot, and she was sure her face was the same shade as a tomato.

"You have an interesting way with words, Robby Keene." Ellie glanced at the table and then back up at Robby. "But I've missed you too."
________________________________
A/n: this is embarrassing to admit, but I was glad to delete that one chapter because all of the future chapters are in my drafts and it said there would be a total of 47 chapters. so I'm glad the number of chapters will now be an even number (46)😭
Word Count:1,481