S02:E06

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Ellie walked out of the Cobra Kai dojo, no one seemed to notice she did so, and started her walk to the Miyagi Do dojo. She hoped Eli wouldn't notice, because then he might tell their mom, but if he did she'd tell him that she knew his secret. That he was the one, or at least one of the people, who destroyed the Miyagi Do dojo. By Johnny's reaction, Ellie knew he hadn't helped and he was really pissed that one of his students had done it. Ellie would tell Johnny it was Eli if Eli threatened to tell their mom, she knew that would work.

The walk to Miyagi Do was a long one, and Ellie knew she would've arrived sooner if she had her car. Unfortunately, her mom had taken away her car as well. Ellie was trapped inside of the house she loathed and desperately wanted out.

She finally arrived at the dojo and stood right in front of the open gate. She debated on walking inside, hating that now she was here she suddenly felt uneasy and unwelcome. Still, a part of her yearned to be here with Daniel and Robby. She wondered if Daniel had messaged her about needing help with cars and never received an answer due to her sudden grounding.

She wondered if Robby had texted her, needing money for rent or just wanting to talk, and received no answer like Daniel. She sighed and walked through the gate, seeing the dojo was even more trashed than she had imagined. Truthfully, she'd never been inside the dojo but she knew it wasn't meant to look like this.

She didn't expect to see other Cobra's there either, but from what she overheard it seemed that they were giving up Cobra Kai. Instead, they wanted to join Miyagi Do. If she were honest with herself, Ellie would find that she yearned to be in Miyagi Do as well. But, she knew she couldn't be. Not just because of her brother's and friend's hatred for it but also because karate was supposed to be her brother's thing. Something Eli could finally be proud of. Ellie couldn't take that from him.

"Mr. LaRusso?" Suddenly the crowd of retired Cobra Kai students parted, Ellie was now able to see Daniel, Robby, Sam, and Demetri. Ellie wondered what Demetri was doing there, especially since he had no interest in karate. "I...I wanna help you clean up your dojo, I'm sorry for what the Cobra's did and I promise you that Mr. Lawrence is trying to figure out who did it." Ellie looked sheepishly at Daniel, her shoulders were tensed as her hair fell in her face. She wondered why she had to be the one to apologize, to take on all of the responsibility for Cobra Kai's actions when she hadn't done any of it. However, she felt responsible, because she was friends with both parties.

"You can't trust her Mr. LaRusso, Eli's her brother. She's just as bad as him." Ellie gulped, it hurt her deeply to hear how he bitterly spoke to and about her. Demetri was a good friend, for the most part, and she confided in him more than anyone. "She probably told Eli that I was at the mall yesterday!" Ellie furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Robby and then at Sam.

"What're you talking about? I've been grounded, I couldn't even talk to you yesterday." Ellie watched Demetri's face fall. "What happened at the mall?" Daniel sighed and shook his head, he didn't want anymore focus on the fight at the mall.

"It's in the past now, I'm more than happy that you want to help, Ellie." Daniel turned around to look at Demetri. "And Demetri, Ellie is far from the same as Hawk."

Ellie helped as much as she could. Daniel asked her to clean the cars and check them to see if they had broken any parts of the car. Daniel made Ellie do the whole "wax-on, wax-off" routine with the cars, and even though it seemed to do nothing, Ellie didn't complain. She was making up for a mistake, a mistake she chose to make up for, so she felt it would be inappropriate to even let out a small sigh.

When Ellie finished with the cars, Daniel told her that she could take a break if she needed to but Ellie refused. She went to the back of the dojo and picked up all the trash she could find, and then potted plants that had been tipped over. Ellie could hear Demetri and Chris groaning over a rock they had to pick up together, but she could also hear Sam and Robby.

Robby was saying something about how you can't change the way you feel. Ellie couldn't agree more, but he wasn't talking about Ellie. He was talking about Sam. Ellie could tell that something was different between them. They couldn't look at each other, and when Ellie was simply around them the air felt awkward. Something had definitely happened, but no one else seemed to notice.

Every now and then, Robby would look at Ellie and see her working on something and wonder if he should go talk to her. He hadn't talked to her in a long time, despite texting her multiple times, but a part of him felt like she wasn't ignoring him. It just didn't seem like something Ellie would do.

"We really appreciate your help." Ellie looked up, she'd been so focused on the plants in front of her that she didn't really notice anyone around her. She never realized she liked plants, because her mother hated them and refused to have them anywhere near her home.

"It's no problem, Cobra Kai did it so it's only fair that I try and make up for it," Ellie said as she scooped some dirt into the flowerpot. Robby refrained from saying "you're not responsible for Cobra Kai" because he'd said it a million times before. Ellie was determined to make up for any bad things Cobra Kai did, which meant she would ignore Robby's advice.

"What's up with you and Miguel?" Robby watched as Ellie's body stiffens for a moment. If he hadn't been watching so intently, he wouldn't have even noticed it. Her eyes met with his as she looked up, Robby could see faux confusion written all over her face. Robby could tell it was real, and even though he hadn't seen her confused face much he could tell it was different.

"What're you talking about? Nothing's up with me and Miguel." She retorted quickly, her eyes attaching to the plant in front of her as she nervously brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah there is, you had those hickeys on your neck the other day. You and Miguel were all lovey-dovey and he follows you around like a lost puppy." Ellie wondered if it was true if all of Robby's observations were true. Ellie wasn't sure, she highly doubted it. Miguel hadn't seemed to have changed since they kissed.

"What's up with you and Sam?" Robby was now the one to freeze. Robby suddenly remembered the "almost kiss" he had with Sam. Robby was pushing himself to be with someone else since Ellie seemed to be interested in Miguel, and for some odd reason, Sam was the one he turned to. Except, Sam didn't seem to like him either.

"Why do you care?" Ellie gulped, if he liked Sam there was no reason for her to tell him her reasonings. She couldn't tell him that she loathed when Sam was around him, that it made a hot pit of anger boil in her stomach. That she loved to be near him, when he hugged her, put his hand on her shoulder, or when his hand simply grazed hers, butterfly's erupted within her.

Ellie had always found that analogy odd. What did butterflies have to do with nervousness? How would butterflies actually feel in your stomach? But suddenly, when she was around Robby, she understood. The softness of their wings would brush against her insides, and swirl around so much that she thought she'd vomit.

"Why do you care about Miguel and I?" Ellie retorted. Any outsider would be able to see that the two liked each other, but neither one thought the other felt the same. The tension between them was thick and almost suffocating, it seemed to travel wherever they went which left people around them uncomfortable as well.

"Because he's an asshole and you deserve better than him." Ellie bolted up, and Robby slowly followed.

"Miguel is not an asshole!" She shouted, everyone's heads turning towards them. Ellie glanced around her, taking a deep breath before she continued. "I wasn't going to say anything because I guess she somehow makes you happy but she's mean. Sam is mean and rude, believe whatever you want about her but what I say about her is true." Ellie wiped her hands on her pants before she crossed her arms and walked out of the Miyagi Do dojo. She didn't even say goodbye to Daniel.

It was then that Ellie decided that as long as Robby was seeing Sam, she couldn't be friends with him. Her feelings for him got in between their friendship and his relationship. Ellie couldn't do that. Ellie may have hated Sam and hated the idea of Robby being with anyone but her, but Ellie wanted Robby to be happy. So, if Robby was happy with Sam, Ellie would leave him be.
________________________________
A/n: guys, I work 11-7 tomorrow so I doubt there will be a chapter posted tomorrow☹️ (also, I'm currently watching criminal minds😘)
Word Count:1,629