S05:E07

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
"So, is this another diversion?" Ellie asked as she strolled into a fancy restaurant with her arm linked with Robby's. He chuckled, pulling out Ellie's chair for her.

"No, angel, not this time." He smiled, sitting across the table from Ellie. Her eyes seemed to pop compared to the blood-red color of her dress. He'd asked her to wear the same dress she'd worn to prom, and he wore the same suit he wore to prom.

"Why'd you ask me to wear this dress?" Ellie asked, brushing a string of curls behind her ear. The flame from the candle danced crazily, only seeming to illuminate her eyes even more.

"Because I like it." Ellie glanced at the table, a small smile crossing her cheeks as her cheeks grew pink. "And I plan to make up for lost time." She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked back up at him, wondering what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" She asked, but Robby gave her only a small shrug. He wasn't going to reveal his big surprise. "You are incredibly stubborn." He snickered, knowing it was true.

"But you love me." Ellie tilted her head slightly, debating on saying it back. Of course, she loved him, but something bad always happened when she said it. Eli and Ellie had quickly found out about the bad luck from saying "I love you" to someone which is why they even refrained from saying it to each other.

"Yeah, I do love you." Robby smiled brightly, knowing Ellie was hesitant about using those words so sparingly.

About an hour into their date, after they'd both finished eating, Robby dragged Ellie to a place while his hands covered her eyes. When he uncovered her eyes, she saw an empty dance floor with dimmed lights and music playing in the background.

"I believe I owe you a dance or two." Ellie felt her face immediately heat up as Robby slowly slipped his hand to hers, while his other gripped her waist.

"How'd you do all of this?" Ellie asked a smile permanently printed on her face.

"Wasn't that hard, I just asked a couple of times." Robby shrugged slightly, looking up at the ceiling as he thought.

"Really?" Ellie knew they didn't just let people use their dance floor for free, they had to make a profit off of it.

"But a couple of empty threats really did the trick." Ellie playfully rolled her eyes, that sounded more like Robby.

"Well, thanks anyways." Robby smiled, wondering how a girl like Ellie could love a guy like him but he was glad she did. He couldn't imagine a world without Ellie, and he thought it was cool to think that early last year he had no clue who she was. She completed his life that he didn't even know needed completing.

He even took her to meet his mom, which was definitely something he never did for any of his past girlfriends. Robby's mom was so excited to see her, Ellie felt so special. She showered Ellie with compliments and said she was one of the best things to ever happen to Robby.

Although Ellie loved meeting Robby's mom, she felt slightly embarrassed. She didn't have any parents to introduce Robby to. Her mom hated him, her stepdad wouldn't care, and she didn't even think about introducing him to her biological dad.

Robby told her he didn't mind. Her parents were Amanda and Daniel LaRusso, and they liked him, so that was all that mattered. He didn't care if her mom didn't like him, she had nothing to do with Ellie and quite frankly, Robby was uninterested in anything that didn't involve Ellie.

~

"I don't understand why you guys take so many pictures." Eli chuckled, sitting on the beach chair next to Ellie and Robby's.

"So when I'm old and wrinkly, I can look back and say, I used to be so pretty, and so I can reminisce my memories when Robby dies." His head quickly snapped up.

"Why am I dying first?" He asked, pretending to be offended.

"Because you'll do something dumb." Robby gasped dramatically while Ellie rolled her eyes. "Most men die before women do, it's a fact," Ellie said in a matter of factly tone.

"You get that we're seventeen, right? None of us are gonna die till we're like eighty, so stop worrying about it." Moon chuckled, slipping her sunglasses down the bridge of her nose.

Before, Ellie had been living to die. Praying each night to whatever god above to take her away in her sleep, but now she didn't. She didn't wanna die. She wanted to live as long as possible with Robby by her side and Eli too.
________________________________
A/n: sorry for the short chapter ☹️ (you know that feeling you get when everything's great but you know something bad is about to happen? that's what I'm feeling right now)
Word Count:828