S04:E09

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
The All Valley had finally arrived. Ellie was more than half that she wasn't going to be participating, she didn't feel badass enough to. She definitely couldn't fight for at least a week. If Eli wasn't participating, she wouldn't have come to watch. But she was there to support him, which was more than their mom could say.

"Kenny!" Ellie smiled, waving him over to her. He smiled and ran to her, he hadn't seen Ellie in weeks and he didn't even know if she'd be at the All-Valley tournament. "I just wanted to wish you good luck, you're competing with people a lot older than you but I have a feeling you'll beat most of them." Kenny smiled even wider, confidence boiling in his stomach.

"You're not gonna fight?" He asked, seeing her without her gi and in casual clothes.

"No, my mom wouldn't sign the contract." Kenny frowned, he knew Ellie could win, he wanted her to win more than he wanted to win. "Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing your skills demonstration." Ellie gave him a tight squeeze before she returned to her seat.

Ellie thought there was no point in adding the skills competition until she watched it. The skills competition was appealing to the audience, it was to grab their attention. It was a great tactic because Ellie was certainly captivated. It was going well until Eli missed his very last board, and Ellie could tell he was disappointed. He was being too hard on himself, way too hard on himself.

Ellie hated that every time Robby scored a point or won a match, he'd look up at her. It was as if he was expecting him to cheer him on. Robby had done this to himself, Ellie thought, if he wanted me to cheer he wouldn't have done what he did.

When they advanced to the quarter-finals, Daniel called Ellie over. He looked worried, and Ellie knew why. Daniel was closer to winning the deal than Johnny was, which meant all of the responsibility rested on his shoulders. He needed to get rid of Cobra Kai, which meant he had to be in first. Not second.

"Did Robby teach the Cobra Kai students Miyagi Do moves?" Ellie's face fell, her mind racing with all of the previous fights where Ellie recognized some of the moves. Had she forgotten to mention that he taught them Miyagi Do moves? How could Ellie be so arrogant?!

"Yeah...he did." She admitted, trying her best not to glance at him. She didn't want him to know they were talking about him. Daniel sighed, putting his face in his hands. "I know you probably don't wanna hear it, but you're gonna have to use some Cobra Kai moves to beat them. They won't expect it." Daniel was quick to shake his head.

"No, we'll win with Miyagi Do moves not Cobra Kai moves." Ellie knew he had his reasons for hating Cobra Kai. Very valid reasons, but Cobra Kai was a way of teaching. Cobra Kai's moves weren't a way of teaching, simply a technique. That was what Daniel didn't understand.

As Ellie walked around, not caring what random people were fighting, she realized that one of the referees was calling points that were out of bounds. At first, Ellie thought maybe it was just a lapse of judgment, but he started doing it only for Cobra Kai students and with every Cobra Kai student.

"Ellie." She jumped slightly, being drawn from her focus on the referee. "I-"

"You wanna talk, I know." She said, folding her arms and rolling her eyes. She thought Robby was persistent before, but this was just further proving her point. She hated him, she hated him more than anything else in the entire world. If there was a list of people she hated, it would be her dad, her mom, and then Robby.

"Okay, I'm confused. When I shaved Hawk's head you were pissed at him and said you would never talk to him again, but now you hate me and won't talk to me." Ellie furrowed her eyebrows, her brain seeming to buffer.

"What?" She laughed. "Okay, you know what, I wanna hear what you thought was gonna happen after you shaved my brother's head because if you thought I was gonna talk to you then your straight fucking stupid." Robby's eyes grew wide, surprised that Ellie would ever insult him. Even if she was mad at him. "You know I'll explain to your dumbass why I'm pissed." She started. "That same house that I let you stay in because I loved you, is the same house where Eli cried himself to sleep that night. In the same bathroom, I cut your hair in, I had to shave his head while he cried. I let my guard down, I forgot my place, and my place is to always protect Eli because Eli will always be there inside of Hawk. I let my guard down, and you took advantage of that. By hurting my brother, you hurt me, and you of all people should've known that." Robby simply stared at her and Ellie hated it.

She wished he would say something back so she could yell at him. So she could embarrass him the way he embarrassed Eli. To break him how he broke Eli. To make him feel how Eli felt. She wanted revenge and she wasn't getting it, and it pissed her off.

Ellie loved watching Eli Brest the shit out of Kyler, all while gaining his girl back, but when she heard Robby and Kenny's last names announced for the next fight...she froze. Her eyes stared at the board and then at the blue mat where the two stood. Kenny wouldn't win, and with the look on Robby's face, she knew Robby was about to take all of his anger out on him. And she was right.

Ellie ran to the mat, even though she wasn't supposed to, and shoved Robby. He looked her up and down as if she were crazy. Like he hadn't just kicked a fourteen-year-old in the face and made his nose bleed.

"What the hell's wrong with you asshole?!" She shouted, shoving him again. Kenny was quick to run off the mat, filled with embarrassment.

"Ma'am-"

"He was my enemy, I did what he had to do." Ellie clenched her jaw, her hand clenching into a fist making her nails dig into the skin on her palms.

"He's a kid, he was practically your student and you just embarrassed him!" She spun and ran off the mat, trailing after Kenny.

He didn't want to talk to her, but he let her help him clean up the blood from his nose. But she talked to him as she did so. Telling him how great he was, that if he trained just a bit longer then he could be on Robby's level and maybe even beat him.

But just as she left, she was able to catch a glimpse of the fight she had missed. Her brother against Miguel. Which landed Miguel lying flat on his back and yelling for his Sensei. Could he have opened an old injury? The one from the school fight?
________________________________
Word Count:1,220