S03:E01

⚠︎︎WARNING:THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A SMUT (ROBBY X OC) IF IT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE THEN PLEASE SKIP IT! I WILL GIVE A WARNING BEFORE THE SMUT STARTS AND WHEN IT ENDS!⚠︎︎
•~3rd person P.O.V~•
When the room was clean, and looked as if Ellie had just moved into it, Eli urged her to go downstairs and watch a movie with him. He said the room was dark and put her in a bad mood. He said that tomorrow they'd go and buy some new picture frames and maybe even print out new pictures for her walls.

The two ended up watching The Sandlot, it was one of Ellie's favorite movies. When their parents were arguing, Eli was quick to turn it on before Ellie heard the two shouting.

"Eli, you're tired, just go to bed. I'll finish the movie by myself, it's okay." Eli sighed, knowing she was right but not wanting to leave her at the same time. He'd never actually heard his mother say that Ellie was like their dad, and he was appalled that she'd said such a thing.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning." Ellie nodded, resting her head on her hand as she went back to watching Benny Rodriguez run away from The Beast.

Just as the movie finished, and the credits started to play, there was a knock at the door. It was around twelve o'clock, and Ellie had seen too many Dateline shows that started this way. But the knock seemed so light, almost as if it were meant to be quiet, it didn't seem to be the knock of a serial killer or a kidnapper.

The knock sounded again, still soft yet firm. Ellie stood, her legs slightly shaky as she looked through the peephole and suddenly her legs felt numb. Ellie quickly opened the door, only a crack but just enough for him to see Ellie.

"Robby, what're you doing here?" She whispered, Robby shivered on her doorstep as it rained around them. It was almost as if the whole world was gloomy, as if Miguel was the sun and now that he was gone the world was dark.

"Please, Ellie, I know your pissed at me and I understand why but please let me explain myself." He pleaded, beads of water dropping from his semi-long hair and onto his face and the ground beneath him. "I have no where else to go." Ellie felt her heart shatter, seeing Miguel's face in her mind. She didn't think Robby would kick Miguel over the railing on purpose, but she knew he'd hurt one of her best friends. If it was anyone else, showing up at her doorstep, she'd probably do the same thing for them that she was thinking about doing for Robby.

"Follow me, but you gotta stay quiet." Robby nodded quickly, quietly following behind Ellie. Her home was big and lavish, the staircase that he walked up reminded him of the staircase in the Disney movie Anastasia. Ellie ushered Robby into, what he guessed to be, her room. Robby started to speak, but Ellie shushed him. "Stay here, I'll be right back." Robby felt bad for making Ellie's floor wet by the rainwater dripping from his clothes and his hair.

When Ellie came back, Robby suddenly felt his insides warm despite his cold exterior. She held a bundle of clothes, a towel, and a plate of food in her hands as she shut the door with her foot.

"Do you wanna take a shower or something?" Robby quickly shook his head as he took the towel from her with shaky hands. Ellie pointed to a doors little ways behind him. "There's my bathroom and these are some old clothes of Eli's. Being in the rain for too long can increase the risk of being exposed to an illness and that can lead to a cold. So you might wanna change out of those clothes." Robby nodded, quickly kicking off his shoes and then going to change in the bathroom.

The whole time, he was just grateful Ellie had let him inside. He expected her to push him away, to tell him to fuck off and leave her alone. He'd understand why, he'd almost killed her best friend. He deserved any hatred she had towards him. Once he came it from the bathroom, Ellie was in her pajamas as well. A dark red hoodie and flannel pajama pants.