S05:E06

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Robby hadn't planned on asking Ellie until a lot further in the future, but he'd let it slip out that he still loved her and would be there for her in any way possible. Ellie was the one who suggested getting back together, even though Robby wanted to make sure she'd had enough time to herself, she refused. She said she was sure she wanted to be with Robby, for as long as she lived and after that as well.

"Ellie, aren't you just a bit curious?" Amanda asked, cutting fruits into four pieces each. Ellie was back in the little guest house at the LaRusso home again, but apparently, Ellie's mom wanted to talk to her. Did Ellie's mom message her about this? No, no she didn't. She messaged Amanda and Ellie hated the idea immediately.

When her mom wanted to "have a talk" that meant that she wanted to talk at her. She wanted to have a one-way conversation that ended with her being in the right and getting whatever she wanted. Ellie didn't want that, she couldn't do that again. She became so accustomed to being the girl she was last year, that she hated it. She was becoming the girl she liked again, and she knew that couldn't happen if she spoke to her mom again.

"No, my mom thinks a conversation with me is just her talking. She'll probably just yell at me for getting back with Robby because," Ellie sat up straight, exaggerating her hand movements, "Aidan is such a nice boy." Ellie said in a high-pitched voice, rolling her eyes once she'd finished. "I'd rather hang out with Sam for a day." Amanda gave her a look. The look where her head was tilted downwards, one eyebrow raised as she looked at Ellie through her eyelashes.

"Would it help if me and Daniel were there with you? We could be mediators, ya know?" Amanda asked, watching Ellie shift uncomfortably.

"I dunno, she might say some stuff that you don't know about me. That I don't want you to know about me." Ellie admitted. Amanda thought she knew almost everything about Ellie, except for what Daniel had said he'd learned about her just the other day.

"Well, just go ahead and tell me them so I don't have to figure out from your mom." Just as Ellie was about to speak, the doorbell suddenly rang. Ellie's eyes grew wide as she looked at Amanda, hoping her guess wasn't true.

"Mrs. LaRusso-"

"I told her you didn't wanna talk, I swear!" Amanda set down her knife, walking to the door before peeping out of the peephole. Amanda didn't know what Ellie's mom looked like, but she guessed her to be the brunette lady standing on her porch. Amanda sighed, technically if Amanda didn't let her in then she could call the police and said she kidnapped Ellie, so, she opened the door and let her in. "Mrs. Moskowitz-"

"It's Mrs. Lanely, I changed it a long time ago." She glared at Amanda, clutching her brown purse tightly in her hand.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Lanely, but I don't think right now is a great time-" She quickly scoffed, placing one hand on her hip, Amanda could tell she didn't like this woman already.

"My child doesn't get to tell me when she wants to talk to me. She abides by my rules." The way she said "my child" seemed as if she thought Amanda was trying to steal Ellie. It wasn't an appalling idea, but she wasn't sure why Ellie's mom cared. Ellie's mom had thrown her out and treated her horribly, but expected her to love and respect her? That made no sense.

"I agree, that's the rule for my children because they live under my roof, but since Ellie no longer lives under your roof you don't get to order her around." Amanda spat, Ellie's mom gasping in surprise. "And that's nobody's fault but yours." Ellie suddenly came up from behind Amanda, pulling her away from her mom.

"Amanda, it's okay, we can talk." Ellie didn't want Amanda to get in trouble, but she also didn't want to leave and go back to her house. So, she had to break up their argument before her mother did just that out of spite.

Amanda sat Ellie and Ellie's mom at the dining room table before she got Daniel to join them along with herself. Ellie's mom didn't want the LaRussos there, but they wouldn't leave. It wasn't like she could ask them to do that in their own home. It wasn't like Ellie would meet with her anywhere else, so this was the only time she had.

"Eloise-"

"It's Ellie." Her mom sighed, leaning back in her chair. "Mom, I've had this nickname since birth and you've never called me it once but when Eli got his nickname you started calling him it immediately. Why is it so hard for you to do the same for me?" Ellie asked calmly, despite wanting to scream at the top of her lungs while her mom begged at her feet, just for Ellie to refuse. That was what most of Ellie's life had felt like, begging for her mom to love her while doing anything and everything she wanted just for her to refuse.

"You know why." Ellie hated when her mom said that, because even if she did know she wanted her mom to confirm. What if Ellie didn't know? What if she actually had no clue and needed an answer from her mom?

"I want you to say it." Her mom looked at the table, then at Daniel and Amanda.

"Your father gave you the nickname." Ellie bit her tongue, physically bit her tongue. Her father had helped create Eli, but she loved him more than anything. "And he did horrible things to me-"

"To all of us." Ellie interrupted her. "Not just to you, but to me and Eli too." She said, correcting her again. "Mom, he hit me and Eli too. Me and Eli hid underneath our beds and inside our closets to get away from him!" Ellie couldn't understand why her mom seemed to deny that he did anything to her and Eli. There were literal medical records to prove it.

"I don't remember that." Ellie scoffed, this was why she got nowhere with her mom. Her mom got defensive, so she never heard what Ellie was trying to say. She was too busy being butt hurt that someone called her out or stated the obvious.

"I do because the one time I got out of my hiding spot landed me in the hospital." Her mom shook her head lightly as if she couldn't accept it. "I needed my mom after that, but instead you were too busy wondering how it would affect Eli. So, you made me make stupid deals that ruined my self-esteem for the rest of my life! I did everything and anything you wanted because I wanted your love and even then you hated me." Ellie gulped down the tears that began welling in her throat, wanting to be strong.

"I don't-"

"I'm not finished." Ellie's mom pressed her lips together in a straight line. "I know what it's like to be abused by a significant other, Mom, but when I imagine if kids were involved I certainly wouldn't have stayed. Maybe you had your reasons, and I can understand that, but you don't get to treat me the way you do just because you see Dad in me." Ellie felt her eyes begin to water. No, she told her, stay strong. But what about crying wasn't strong? Crying meant venerability, feeling venerable was brave. "I deserve to be loved, so you don't get to be mad that I found parental love in Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso." Amanda and Daniel looked at Ellie, their hearts filling to the brim with sadness and joy.

They were glad she found the parents she needed in them but they were sad she had to find it. They wished she could've had those parents her whole life.

"I can't do this, I can't have one conversation with you without you making me out to be the bad guy!" Ellie folded her arms and leaned back in her chair.

"Then maybe you need to rethink your choices if everything actually turns out to be your fault and show that you're in the wrong." Her mother stood and stomped out, slamming the door behind her.

"That was very brave of you, Ellie," Amanda smiled softly, placing her hand on top of Ellie's, "we're very proud of you."

~

"Adoption papers, that's what we need." The lady at the desk blinked at the LaRussos. They hadn't asked Ellie if this was what she wanted, but when they did everything they needed would be signed. All they would need would be Ellie saying she wanted them to adopt her and her mother's signature. They were sure they'd be awfully easy to obtain.
________________________________
Word Count:1,513