Chapter 6.

The morning after the fight

I woke up to my alarm, as usual, I got up and did my morning hygiene then got dressed. I was on my phone scrolling through Instagram, until I heard a knock on the room. I open the door seeing Jeremiah. His face looked bad, Alex really did a number on him.

"Amora we need to talk, you let me get my ass beat by that nigga. What kind of girlfriend are you to watch your boyfriend get beat up?" Well, at least he knew he got his ass beat I thought.

"You started that, I told you back off. Jeremiah, you got your ass beat, that's not on me. That's your fault. You stepped to him. You pushed your limits when you punched him in the face." I can tell he didn't like my response. He grabs both of my arms tightly. I tried to move but he was stronger.

"Listen to me, what you won't do is disrespect me in public like that again. It's your fault I got beat up. You running around with this nigga claiming yall bestfriends I think it's more to the story. So now I'm going to go to school here. You'll be with me everyday. And if you act out of line you'll be punished." He lets go of my arms leaving a bruise. Since then it's been a constant thing with him. I had to stop my friendship with Alex because he was being insecure or whatever the other reason is.

Today..

"Amora why do you have bruises on your arm?" Alex asked. I kept my head down playing with my fingers. I was scared to tell him, I didn't know what he would think. I was deep in my thoughts when I heard him speak again.

"Amora, you can tell me whatever it is I promise. Can you look at me when I'm talking to you please."

I just played with my fingers.

"Amora please, will you look at me?" He said.

He suddenly moved closer. He was directly in front of me. I could feel his body heat. He lifted my chin with his index finger. My breathing faltered due to the proximity between us. He looked directly at me. His eyes were soft. He caressed my chin with his finger as he held my chin up.

"I'm sorry. " I whispered looking into his eyes.

"Don't be, just know you can trust me. I'm here for you regardless of whatever it is. So tell me the truth." I felt like I wanted to break down because there were more bruises than the ones on my arms.

"Come inside with me please." I asked. He shook his head saying okay. I unlocked the door we walked in together lucky Mya wasn't here, she was probably out with Dillion. I told him to sit on the bed and he did just that. I went into the bathroom and wiped off the makeup I had on hiding my black eye. I always get up before Mya so I'm able to put the makeup on without her seeing it. I walked out of the bathroom and walked to him. The look he had on his face when he saw me. I knew he was angry. I sat down next to him.

"What happened, who did that to you?" I looked down.

"Jeremiah."

"When?"