Chapter 39.

It's been a few days since what happened at Mya's house

It's been a few days since what happened at Mya's house. I'm not phased by it. I think I should just move on. I'm focused on my girl and our baby. I decided to take her advice on what I should do. I talked to my doctor, and with the good news I got I know what my career will be. I'll be surprising the world and my girlfriend with the news. Today I have an interview with Good Morning America. After I told the world I had to retire from basketball I was offered a bunch of interviews. I turned them down because I needed time to accept this change. Me and Amora pulled up to the studio where the interview was being held. Once they were ready the interview started.

"Good Morning everyone. Today we have formal basketball star, Alex Jones." Robin Roberts said. I put the mic to my lips and spoke.

"Good Morning, how are you?"

"I'm good, how are you? It's good to see you and hear from you."

"I'm good. It's nice to see you as well." I said as I smiled.

"Okay, I had questions about your Instagram Live explaining everything. Do you mind telling me?" She asked.

"Um, I had a heart attack during the game as you know. I found out that I have a hole in my heart. I'm not able to play basketball because it's a high-risk sport." I explained.

"How did you feel knowing you had to retire after your first game?" She asked. I honestly don't like talking about this but I knew they had questions.

"It hurt. I've been playing ball since I was 5. It was hard to let go of the game. I cried a lot. I was angry. I was upset this was happening to me. Over time and with the support of my girlfriend I was able to move forward." I explained.

"You are dating the new famous fashion designer, Amora Finnels?"

"Yes."

"How did that happen?" She asked.

"We met in college, we started as best friends. Over time our feelings grew for each other and we started dating."

"How is that? How long have you guys been together?"

"It's good. I love her. It's now November so.. 11 months. We'll make a year on Christmas day."

"I'm happy for you guys, I've seen pictures of you guys together. But the main question that is constantly being asked is what is next for Alex Jones."

"I decided to start my singing career. Most of my fans know that I can sing and dance if they have ever been on my live, I have my moments. I have talked to my doctor. Singing and dancing can be a risk but I'm willing to take it. I know I'll be slow and I'll take my time with it so my family doesn't worry too much." I said. As I looked at Amora who was behind the cameras smiling from ear to ear. This was her idea. I have her to thank.