Chapter 9.

Today is Thanksgiving and I'm ready for some food but the ladies still cooking

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Today is Thanksgiving and I'm ready for some food but the ladies still cooking. It smells good as fuck too. Me and Amora have been here for a few days so after we eat we head out. Right now I'm outside with the old folks. At first, I wasn't cool being here because of my father and the shit he pulled when we first got here but that feeling faded. Seeing my little cousins, uncles, and aunts it just felt like home again before all the bullshit. I'm usually hanging out with Amora but she in the kitchen help cook. So I decided to go bother the ladies. I went inside the kitchen and said hey to everyone. My mama saw me and said.

"Boy you don't need to be in this kitchen, so since you not helping get out." I put my hand over my chest acting like I was hurt.

"Dang mama. I just wanted to talk to Amora real quick." I said then she said okay. I went to where Amora was, she was making a cake.

"Hey, bestie." I said. Leaning on the counter.

"Hi Alex, I thought you were outside."

"I just wanted to check on you, making sure you having a good time."

"I'm okay, your family is nice, they treat me like family."

"Because you are." She smiled and so did I. I left her to continue then I heard the door open seeing my favorite auntie.

"Hey, auntie." I said while hugging her.

"Hey college boy, you left and forgot about me." She said while hugging me back.

"I'll never forget you, you my favorite. How are you though? You don't be answering my phone calls sometimes."

"Running a company keeps me busy, and I'm okay sweetheart. I seen your games also, I see you out here making buckets." I laughed at her.

"Who is that over there?" She said as she pointed at Amora. I smiled.

"That's my bestfriend, Amora. I invited her to spend Thanksgiving with us."

"Ohhh, you like her? Because you don't bring any girls around the family."

"I do like her, but she just got out of a relationship. I'm just trying to be respectful. I don't want to push it. You know?"

"I know. I see you though nephew. She pretty."

"Beautiful as fuck." I said. Then she hit me on the top of my head.

"Watch your language. You know better."

"You right auntie, I'm sorry. But it is true though." I told her. We continued having a short conversation then I went back outside. My little cousins wanted me to play basketball with them, so that's exactly what I did. After playing with them, the food was ready. We all went inside, I made my plate and sat on the couch. While I was eating, Amora sat down next to me. We had a conversation while we ate.

"You eating fast, is it good?" She said and laughed.

"Hell yeah, it's good and you made the mac n cheese. This shit is taste like heaven."