Chapter 8.

Today, me and Alex are leaving to go to Houston and see his family, so we decided that we'll stay at his house

Today, me and Alex are leaving to go to Houston and see his family, so we decided that we'll stay at his house. On Thanksgiving day we'll stay there for a while then drive to Beaumont and spend the rest of our break there. I'm a little nervous because I don't like meeting new people. Some people are quick to judge without even trying to know you, that shit is annoying. I just finished packing my bag. Alex was sitting on my bed playing my game waiting on me. I packed my bag late as hell but do I care nope. He was go wait regardless. I closed my bag and I heard Alex yelling at the game.

"You stupid bitch." He said and I laughed at him.

"Why are you mad?" I said as I sat down next to him watching him play.

"Oh, I'm not I'm happy I just ran over some old white bitch." He was playing GTA.

"You are evil."

"Never that." He said as he turned the game off and smiled at me. He took my bag to his car, I walked with him and got in the car. He got in and started driving. The ride was good. We jammed to songs and had side conversations here and there. We finally pulled up to his house.

"You lived here your whole life?" I asked him as we got out of the car

"No, we moved here before my freshman year of high school." He said as he grabs our bags.

"I can take my bag, Alex."

"You say that like I give a fuck, cuz I don't." He laughed like it was funny I was dead ass but it's fine. We walked into the house. It was art on the walls. It was Alex's art.

"MA YOU HERE?" He yelled. We heard someone yell back and come downstairs. I turn around seeing a beautiful middle age woman.

I saw as she hugged him tightly, and they had a short conversation

I saw as she hugged him tightly, and they had a short conversation. But you can tell he loves his mother. I waited patiently for them to finish.

"And who might you be pretty girl?" She says walking over to me.

"Hi, my name is Amora. It's nice to finally meet you." I say extending my free hand to her with a smile. I don't know why I'm this nervous to meet her.

"I'm Ryan, but someone that makes my son smile like that deserves a hug." She says pulling me in as I look over at Alex. He was indeed smiling.

"Is Dad here?" I saw his smile drop when he asked.

"No, but he is on the way." After she said that we all sat in the living room. His mom is nice. She's loving. And very warm welcoming. I felt right at home. I was comfortable. We all heard the door open.

"That must be your father." Ryan said as she got up and went to the front door. I looked over at Alex.

"You okay?" He just nodded. I didn't want to push it any further than that.

"Son." We heard a voice.

"Yes?" Alex said, his jaw was clenched.

"Who is this?" The man raised his eyebrow at Alex causing him to sigh.

"Dad this is my bestfriend Amora. Amora this is my father, Clinton." Alex introduced me and his dad just nodded.

"So you the reason he got in that fight at the party?" His dad attacked me causing me to look confused.

"Dad what-"

"I don't like you." His dad cut Alex off. This man doesn't even know me and he's judging me for what?

"Dad shut up!" Alex raised his voice.

"Clinton please stop." Ryan said, finally speaking up, his dad smacked his lips while his mom put her attention on me.

"I apologize for him." I just nod my head and smile. I saw Alex go into the backyard. I walked outside and he was sitting down in one of the chairs. The backyard was nice, with a pool and baketball court. I sat down next to him. We just sat in silence then he spoke up.

"I hate him. When I was younger, he would beat my mom. I used to hear her getting beaten. I was young and I was scared I didn't know what to do. I never left my room because I was scared he was going to hurt me too. One night I walked out of my room with a bat I started beating him with it. He somehow stopped me and grabbed the bat. He threw the bat and started beating me. That night I ended up in the hospital. He went to jail. He got out a few years later on good behavior somehow. He and my mom got back together. He stopped beating her but I never saw him the same after that night. That night haunted me." I grabbed his hand to hold, he laid his head on my shoulder and started crying.

"I understand now why you were so angry when I told you about Jeremiah. I knew it was something deeper. I appreciate you telling me. And for being there for me. But understand I'm here for you. I'm here to listen to you. To hear you. To be a shoulder to cry on. I'm here for everything just like you are. Besties forever." I hold my pinky out. And he locked our pinkies together. After our conversation, we did sit there for a while because we stared at the stars. Then Alex's phone started ringing. He answered. He had a short conversation and then hung up.

"Kevin said his older brother was having a get-together. Mya is down here with Dillion. So it's just going to be the six of us. Wanna go?" He said.

"Sure." We both got up and went to take showers because we were outside for the longest. I kinda needed that shower. I got dressed in something comfortable per usual. I went downstairs seeing Alex waiting for me.

"You ready beautiful?" I just nod my head. We both got in the car. We got to Kevin's house and went inside. Everyone was in the living room. I spoke to everyone. Me and Mya went into the kitchen to grab drinks, I gave her the back story on what happened.

"He just said he didn't like you that fast?" She asked

"Girl Yes. He blamed me for Alex getting in the fight with Jeremiah and honestly, I wasn't even mad about it."

"Why not, because he came at you wrong."

"Because I had a conversation with Jeremiah before the party and he still started something with Alex."

"But that's not your fault Amora. He started that. You told him the truth, he just didn't believe it. Now fuck him and Alex's dad. Let's have fun." I smiled and walked into the backyard with her. I see Alex coming up to me.

"Can you take a picture of us please?" He asked and I said okay. I took the picture and handed him his phone back.

We all sat down talking and chilling

We all sat down talking and chilling. I looked at Alex, who was smiling from ear to ear. I'm happy that he calmed down from what happened earlier. The rest night we had drinks, weed, and played games. We enjoyed each other company and had a good time. Today was up and down but I'm happy it ended on a good note.