Chapter 14.

Christmas Day

Christmas Day.

It's now Christmas day, meaning it's been a few days since the incident at the restaurant. Destiny apologized but I don't think she meant it. She should be happy I ain't beat her ass. She would be the one to start some shit. Besides that situation, everything has been good. We spent this morning opening presents. Me and Alex haven't exchanged our gifts yet. We agreed to give each other one gift because it was our first Christmas together. He didn't want me to go all out and I didn't want him to go all out. So the deal was to get gifts that were meaningful and from the heart. I can't wait to see what he got me. My father decided to have a kickback at the house for Christmas. Speaking of him, he and Alex have been chilling every damn day. It's nice to see that they get along. Right now I'm with my best friends, Jalaiyah and Mya. We were in the car talking, we just got back from getting some food because we didn't feel like waiting for them to finish cooking and they just started cooking too.

"Wassup with you and Alex?" Jalaiyah asked.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Now why are you lying." Mya said jumping into the conversation.

"We are best friends." I told them.

"I don't believe you. Because he is looking at you like you gave him some pussy or something." Jalaiyah said.

"No, he does not. And I haven't given him any." At least not yet, I thought.

"He took you on a date, he wants to be with you, and you need a new man anyway because Jeremiah ain't it. And apparently, from your calculations, he wasn't it sexually either. How you got a big dick but can't use it right?" She said as I laughed.

"I like him, I can say that, and if he asked me to be his girlfriend I'll say yes."

"Why?" Mya asked

"What do you mean why? Alex has been patient and he's been patient from the beginning, he didn't have to be. He chose to. Everything with him is just easy. I've had personal conversations with him that I didn't have with Jeremiah. Jeremiah never listened to me. He wanted to be in control of everything. Alex hears me. I know he does, he asks questions about whatever I say because he wants to know. He's gentle. He's not pushy. He's laid down. Plus he is fine as hell too. That's just the bonus. He gives off big dick energy." I explained. I noticed they were just staring at me.

"What?" I asked

"You love him that's ain't no like bitch." Jalaiyah said.

"I won't deny it, I do love him. He's been there for me, not just for my problems but because he chooses to be. He takes time out of his day just to be with me. He walks me to class, to my dorm. We do homework together. We do art. We smoke together. We have a lot in common. Lately, he's been my safe space. Being with him, in his energy just makes all the problems go away. Like it's just us." I said as I took a sip of my drink.