Chapter 23.

Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Morning.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked to my right seeing Amora laying down on the couch they had next to the window. I heard someone come in. Looking to my left seeing a nurse walk in.

"How are you doing, Alex? Are you feeling any pain?" She asked.

"The side of my stomach hurts. I'm not in too much pain though."

"You feel pain there because that's where you were shot, the police will be here soon they have questions for you, but I'll get you some pain pills." She said as I nodded. I started thinking about what happened.

"I love you too, cariño." Amora said. I was going to kiss her but then I saw a car coming noticing it was Jeremiah's with a gun pointing at us. I pulled Amora to the ground as I used myself as her shield. I felt a sharp pain in my side. I was shot. I laid there holding my hands over the wound. I was coughing up blood. I couldn't speak. I then saw Amora putting her hands over mines. I heard people running to us. Noticed it was the gang.

"What happened?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know, he saw them coming and pushed me on the ground. He got shot." I heard Amora say as I saw tears coming down from her eyes.

"Alex, stay up for me please." She said as he looked at her. I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open for her but I just couldn't.

"You're up." I heard Amora say, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes baby I am, are you okay?" I asked her, I don't know how she is.

"I'm okay but how are you?" She said getting up to sit in the chair next to the bed.

"I'm breathing I'm sure that's all that matters." I answered.

"I was scared, I didn't want to lose you and it all happened fast. And I know you know who did this so I need you to tell me so I can handle it." She said as she grabbed my hand.

"No. We go handle this shit together. You don't know about my past fully, but trust me when I say I'm going to make this nigga disappear. I'm over this petty shit that's going on." I said with anger.

"It was Jeremiah. Wasn't it?" She asked as I nodded. I was going to say something but then two police officers walked in.

"Hello, Alex, and it's nice to see you, Amora. I'm Officer Kent and this is Officer James." I looked at him.

"Sup."

"We have questions about what happened, we already have the license plate from the security cameras and we have your girlfriend's and your friend's statements. We would like to hear your side." He said as he pulled out a notepad.

"Me and Amora were talking, I saw the car coming. At first, I didn't think anything of it but I saw a gun pointed at us as they got closer. I moved us to the ground while using myself as a shield to protect my girlfriend." I explained as he was writing.

"Did you see who it was?"

"No." I said lying.

"Well thank you for your cooperation, and I hope to see you in the next year's season." He said as put his arm out. I shook his hand. Soon after they left, the nurse walked in.

"Here are those pills. Let me know if you need anything else." She said in a flirtatious way. I looked at Amora and she looked at me.

"You caught on too?" I asked her, she nodded as we both laughed.

"So what happened in your past, you don't have to tell me." She said.

"Promise to not judge."

"I promise, I wouldn't judge you regardless."

"After my dad went to jail, my mom struggled. I didn't know till I found the mail of late bills. One night our lights cut off, I heard her on the phone begging them to turn the lights on for a while so she could get some money to pay the bill. After she went to sleep, I left the house. There was these dudes that was always selling on the block. I'm not going to go into details too. But I got involved with them. I did things I didn't want to do. It soon affected me. I got myself out of the situation. I started playing basketball in high school, my junior year. I started late but I busted my ass in basketball to make sure I got a scholarship so my mother wouldn't have to pay for college and I wasn't going to ask my dad for the money for him to throw in my face in the future. I stopped that life in the middle of my sophomore year." I explained as she looked at me.

"I'm not going to judge. I'm happy you were able to get yourself out of the situation. I'm happy you were able to get the scholarship that you deserve because you're just that good when it comes to basketball. You had to do what you had to do to help your mother. I know that you know there were other options but you needed money fast and to you, that was the easy answer until shit got tough. I don't want you falling because of Jeremiah. I don't want him to get in your head. But you are right, he needs to go. Handle it. Don't fall for a trap, don't get hurt. I need you. And I need you to be careful because unlike him you have a career, you have an image don't let him ruin that for you. When you are done I'm right here with you. I stand behind you no matter what." She said. She kissed my cheek.

"You betta stand behind me I took a bullet for you." I said as we both laughed.

"I love you, cariño. And know if I have to I'll take a bullet for you. It's me and you."

"I love you too butterfly. I'll take multiple bullets for you. I'll be damned if you get hurt on my watch." I said as she kissed me. We talked some more that's when I found out I'll be here for 2 more days, then the gang showed up.

"My brother!" I heard Kevin and Jalaiyah say at the same time as they walked in together with Dillion and Mya behind them. I dapped everyone up.

"Jalaiyah shouldn't you be back in Tennessee?" I asked.

"I wasn't leaving until I knew you were straight."

"You a real one." I said as we did our handshake we made on my birthday.

"When the hell y'all get a handshake? And where is my handshake?" I heard Mya say as Amora agreed. We laughed at them. I started making handshakes with them. We enjoyed each other company. I am really happy I have them. This all might be a lot but they hold me down and keep me moving especially Amora...