Chapter 24.

Pulling up to the hospital, I got out and made my way to Alex's room

Pulling up to the hospital, I got out and made my way to Alex's room. Today he's getting out, he's not feeling any pain so that's good. I got to his room and he was watching the news.

Another dead body was found this week, Jeremiah Scott. A 19-year-old who was attending the University of North Texas, also one of the starters on the basketball team was found shot in the head by his girlfriend, Ari Williams. But in other news, the good news at that another star basketball player at the University of North Texas, Alex Jones is getting out of the hospital today after being shot during a shooting that happened at the mall a couple of days ago. Rumors are he's healed with no major injuries and is ready to move on.

"He deserved it, abusive mutha fucka. I'm so happy you were able to beat his ass at the championship game that day." I heard my father say. He came down yesterday morning once he found out what happened. Alex explained everything to him.

"Damn right." I heard Alex say. He saw me.

"Butterfly." He said excitedly while he hugged me.

"Hey, baby." I looked up at him and kissed him. Then I walked to my dad.

"Hi, Dad."

"Hey, baby girl. How are you doing?" He said as we did our handshake and hugged.

"I'm okay, you guys ready to go?" They both said yes. We all walked out of the hospital getting in my car. We decided to go to IHOP before dropping my father at the airport. He only came for a day just to make sure Alex was okay. After I parked the car, we headed inside. I got us a table and we all sat down. Alex and my dad were talking while I was looking at the menu.

"You guys coming for Jalaiyah's graduation?" My father asked.

"Of course we wouldn't miss it, we go take a flight that morning since her graduation isn't until the afternoon and Nia's graduation is the day before." I heard Alex say as I agreed. I felt him grab my hand to hold. The waitress came to our table to take our order.

"Amora, how's school? I see your clothes on Alex's Instagram. That looks amazing by the way." He said as I smiled. I'm happy he was being supportive. We've had our differences in the past but when I left for college, our relationship has gotten better.

"Tell her again, they are amazing baby." Alex said as he kissed my cheek.

"Thank you, and school is okay. I get everything done easily with no problems." I said replying to my father.

"That's good, I had a question for you." He paused because the waitress came back with our food after she walked off he spoke again.

"Me and Danielle are getting married again because over the last couple of months we have improved our relationship. I was wondering if you could design her dress. I know you work hard with your designs so I'll pay you for the work." He said as I was shocked.

"What happened to the woman you were cheating on her with?" Alex asked. My father was aware that Alex knew.

"I ended it after Thanksgiving, since then me and her have been going to counseling and we fixed our problems. Even after the wedding, we'll continue going to counseling. So what do you say?"

"I'll do it, only because I'm getting paid. When's the wedding?" I asked as I started eating.

"In July." He said.

"Dad that's in almost 4 months."

"I know it's early, but I love Danielle. She stayed when she didn't have to. I treated her wrong. I didn't give her the wedding she deserved, we got married in a courthouse. I'm doing everything right now. I'm late but I'm going to fix my shit." He said.

"I'm happy for you. Do what you need to keep your girl, keep her happy. But make sure you are happy too. If Ms. Danielle is who you want to continue living your life with then do the work to keep her. That cheating shit is old. You are older than us and you cheating while she was at home taking care of the kids. That's not cool. No disrespect but you needed to step up." Alex said.

"Thank you for your honesty, and you're right. I disrespected my wife when I stepped out and had sex with your mother. Though I don't regret it because we had you. But I should've stopped then and there. I know I wasn't the best father I reached out to my sons to fix those relationships. I'm trying to do better. I will be better for my family." He said as he looked at me then he spoke again.

"I love you, Amora. You're my oldest daughter. I should've been around more. I should've been a better father. I'm here now. I'm trying now. I'm sorry I was late."

"I love you too Dad. The past is in the past. I appreciate you for saying your wrongs. And I thank you for trying to improve our relationship. I've noticed. You are not too late, I'm still here." I said to him. We continued eating then Alex paid. We left to go to the airport. Once we arrived we had to say bye to my dad.

"Bye, baby girl. I'll see you next month at Jalaiyah's graduation. I love you." He said as he hugged me. I hugged him back.

"Bye, Dad I love you too." I said. He dapped up Alex.

"I know I have sons already but I treat you like you're mines. I'm not trying to replace your father because lord knows I'm not a good one either. I thank you for being here and taking care of her. I see the love you have for her. I know you truly care. And I'm happy you're okay as well. Continue being great Alex." He told him.

"Thank you too. I know you're not replacing that man but you treated me like family since I met you. For that, I'm thankful. I'll always love and take care of her. No matter what." Alex said to him. After we said our goodbyes we got in my car going back to campus. Once we got to my dorm, we took a shower together. We laid down and watched TV.

"How do you feel about what Jason said?" Alex asked.

"I feel okay, I'm happy our relationship is getting better. I'm happy he understands what he did wrong. I felt like I couldn't talk to him because he just get angry or he won't admit his wrongs. Him not being around affected me badly. I was constantly acting out to get his attention. I felt like he never noticed me."

"He sees you now. He might be late but at the same time, it's never too late. I'm happy for y'all. I'm happy for him as he is fixing his marriage. You now have his attention. You can talk to him now and he'll listen. Don't let it go to waste. Don't this go bad or fall. Now let's get some sleep." He said to me as he rubbed my back.

"I love you, cariño, and thank you for listening. For noticing me."

"I love you too butterfly. Don't thank me. I'm here for you. I'm doing my job as your boyfriend but I also do it because I want to. I care."