Chapter 31.

Draft Day

Draft Day.

Landing at New York Skyports Seaplane Base Airport with my mom, Jason, and Amora. I grabbed mines and Amora's bags getting off the plane. Pops got a rental car for us. I put our bags in the car then he drove us to the hotel to get dressed. Kevin and Jalaiyah were already in New York at the hotel. Me and Amora had our room. Pops had his room. And Mama had hers. Me and Amora got to our room.

"You nervous or anything?" I heard her ask as we got out of the shower together.

"A little bit, but having you guys here calms my nerves." I told her.

"That's good, you don't need to be nervous baby." She said as she kissed my cheek. We both got dressed (Outfits in mm).

"You look beautiful butterfly." I told her.

"Thank you. You look sexy. Might need to give you head later." She said.

"Okay let's go, soul snatcher." I replied as she laughed. We both grabbed what we needed and left out of our hotel room. We met the others in the lobby. I saw Kevin and Jalaiyah first.

"Y'all look better than us that's not cool, we kept it simple. What y'all got going on?" I asked as I dapped up Kevin and hugged Jalaiyah.

"I don't do simple Alex you should know that." Jalaiyah said as she hugged Amora.

"You're right." I saw my mom.

"You look beautiful mama." I said.

"Thank you, sweetheart you look handsome." She replied as she straightened my jacket.

"She right, you look good boy." Pops said.

"You talking about me, look at you." I said as he dapped me up. I grabbed my baby's hand, we walked outside to our car. We got in. Me and Amora were in the back. Kevin and Jalaiyah are in the middle. Pops and my mom were in the front as Pops was driving. We soon pulled up to the Barclays Center. We all got out. I grabbed Amora's hand as we walked inside, we had certain seats to sit at. Once we found our seats and sat down, then it started.

"With the number one pick off the 2022 draft class, The Orlando Magic select Paolo Banchero!" Adam Silver said. I clapped because I knew who he was. I saw him go to the stage to grab his hat. Adam Silver was now going to say the second pick. Closing my eyes I let out a deep breath.

"Oh my God." I heard my mom say, opening my eyes I noticed the TV in our room jumped indicating that I was getting drafted somewhere. Crossing my fingers I closed my eyes waiting on Adam Silver's words.

"With the number two pick off the 2022 draft class..."

He paused opening the envelope, my heart was beating fast. I was already standing up now at the fact that I became the number two pick.

"The Houston Rockets select Alex Jones!" Adam Silver said and the whole room started screaming I grabbed Amora in my arms and spun her around. Everyone was here that needed to be here and I know Jordan and Nia plus everyone else was watching at home. I couldn't enjoy this moment more.