Chapter 19.

It's been a good five days since the incident in the gym with Jeremiah, Amora's family went back to Tennessee the night after

It's been a good five days since the incident in the gym with Jeremiah, Amora's family went back to Tennessee the night after. Jalaiyah stayed with us for the weekend and then left on that Monday. It was also the day before our flight to go Miami. Spring break starts tomorrow, so the gang decided that we'll take a trip to get away from everything. Since Jalaiyah isn't where we are she's taking a flight from Tennessee. Her flight happens to land when we land so that was a bonus.

As of right now, I'm on the way to Amora's dorm because we were having a movie night with everyone. Me and Amora have been good since the incident, she was a little upset about the fight because of the consequences afterward. But at the same time, she wasn't tripping because he deserved it. I knocked on the door and waited patiently. Mya opened the door, I gave her a side hug. I went and spoke to everyone. Except Amora because she wasn't where they were. I walked into her room seeing she was at her desk. She didn't hear me come in because she had her airpods in. I tapped her and she took them out.

"Hey, what you doing?" I asked as I sat on her bed.

"I just finished drawing the design I wanted to do for your surprise on your birthday." She said.

"Can I look?"

"Now we both know it won't be a surprise if you looked my love." She said as she got up and sat down on my lap. She kissed me.

"How was your day?" She said.

"It was good. I did everything I needed to do before we leave tomorrow. How was your day?"

"It was good as well, I got a lot of work done so I should be good for the week." We sat there for a while just talking then soon we both went to the living room and sat down on the couch together. She wrapped her arms around mine and laid her head on my shoulder. I did have some stuff on my mind. My mom and dad's divorce was finalized. He did all that fighting just to give her everything. I don't ever want to end up like my father. He was in and out of my life. When he was around it was just bullshit every time. I don't remember the last time we had a good moment. Nothing I did pleased him. He never told me he was proud. He never cared about my dreams. I eventually snapped out of my thoughts and focused on the movie.

After we watched a couple of movies we separated. I was in Amora's room laying with her and talking.

"Would you love me if I was a pencil?" She asked.

"Baby what the fuck." I laughed at her and then said.

"How would that even work?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter it's either you would or you wouldn't." She said.

"Fine, I would." I said to her.

"How do you feel about your dad giving your mom everything?"

"It's nice of him to do it, it's the least he could do honestly. He put her through hell. She deserves more, for years he played with her emotions. She stayed thinking it was a good thing to have both parents in the house and it wasn't." I said as we got comfortable. She wrapped her arm around my waist and then laid her head on my chest