Chapter 12.

It's been a few days since the incident, we stayed at Ryan's for the rest of the weekend

It's been a few days since the incident, we stayed at Ryan's for the rest of the weekend. We are now back on campus. I've been trying to comfort Alex as much as I can. He acts like he's fine but I know he's not. I'm not going to force him to talk about it or to talk about his feelings, I'm just going to wait till he's ready. Right now, I just left class and I'm going to the gym. Alex got a trainer to help him with his shoulder. One of his neighbors recorded what happened, and decided to post it on social media and now the whole school has seen it. Alex decided to go on Instagram Live and explain everything. People have been supportive which I think is nice because he needs it. I got to the gym and sat down watching him, once he finishes he takes a shower and stuff then we left. We were walking back to my dorm.

"How was it?" I asked.

"It was okay, he said I was doing better I just need to be slow. I can't play in tonight's game." He said. I know he was hurt about it. It was the game before Christmas break. I felt him put his arm around my shoulder.

"You still want to go to the game even though you can't play right?" I asked

"Of course, I'm going to support and help off the court as much as I can. I'm the team captain, me being hurt doesn't change anything. I had a team meeting with them and explained the whole situation. I'm happy my coach is understanding. He's been supportive, just like my teammates." He said as we got to my dorm.

"I'm happy you have people we are being supportive. Are you still going to Tennessee with me tomorrow?" I asked.

"Of course, I wanna be with you. Plus I have to give you your gift." He heard him say as I pulled out my homework.

"You got me something? Good because I got you something too." I said sitting down at my desk as he lays down on my bed. He helped me a little with my homework. After that, I laid down with him as we watched How To Get Away With Murder.

"You excited to see your family?" He asked.

"Somewhat, I'm more excited to see my best friend." I have a best friend in Tennessee, Jalaiyah. She's a year younger than me. It's her senior year of high school since I've been down here for college we only talk on the phone here and there. She even talks to Alex sometimes because he was always around. I'm happy everyone treats him like family. I just hope my father does the same.

"Why?"

"I don't know how my dad is going to act, I told you we have our good moments but it's not constant, and it's not enough. He has been in and out of my life. Then one day he just shows up saying he wanted me to come live with him."

"How was it living with him?" He asked.

"It was up and down. I find out I had two little sisters."

"What the fuck? He left you with your mom and left to go take care of his other kids. Kids he had after you?" I just nodded.