Chapter 42.

Me and Alex have a habit of not going out

Me and Alex have a habit of not going out. But today he had to perform at American Music Awards. He was also nominated. We haven't been going to awards shows or anything really because of me, I just honestly didn't feel like it. He would usually leave because he is doing music videos for his new album. But besides that, he stays in the house with me.

I did receive my awards. I won awards for Teen Choice Award for Candie's Choice Style Icon and Radio Disney Music Award for Best Style. We announced we were having a girl with one post on Instagram and of course, our supporters were excited just like we were. As of right now, I'm listening to a song Alex just put out called Turn Up The Music. Though I already heard it I wanted to listen again. I heard the footsteps I knew it was him but I got a notification from my phone letting me know someone was in the driveway.

"Hey, butterfly." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Hey, cariño. How was rehearsal?" They decided to have one more rehearsal before tonight.

"It was good. I'm a little nervous. I don't know why though I've been in front of crowds before." He said as we both got comfortable in bed.

"It's probably because it's an award show. It's not the clubs you perform at. You are performing in front of other celebrities. Why are you nervous?"

"What if I mess up? Or I fall? Better yet trip?" He said as I laughed.

"Baby you'll be amazing like always. Don't worry or stress about it." I said as I felt a feeling in my stomach.

"She kicking again?" He asked as I nodded. He placed his hand on my stomach. Lately, this is something that happens a lot. When he is around she gets excited and she'll kick. Or when I'm thinking about him, she'll know. He leaned down and kissed my stomach.

"Daddy is going to take care of you and mommy, I promise I will take care of y'all for the rest of my life." I heard him say as I rubbed his head. Since we had time to take a nap so that's exactly what we did. I felt someone tapping me constantly.

"Alex you better have a good reason to be waking me up." I said.

"It's time to get up and get dressed. I wanna get there early so we can walk to the carpet together. We go be the baddest couple out there ma." He said as I smiled. I couldn't even be mad anymore.

"Okay fine." I said as I got up and got dressed.

"Baby I feel fat. I look fat too." I told him as he looked confused.

"Why? Because you pregnant?" I nodded.

"Nah butterfly, you're perfect and you look beautiful." He said smiling at me as he held his hand out. I grabbed it.

"Thank you."

"Always." He kissed me. Then we walked outside together. He opened the passenger door for me as always. I got in, and he closed the door and got in as well. The drive was a comfortable silence. Once he pulled up, he helped me out of the car. We made our way through the paparazzi to the carpet. We walked the carpet just like he wanted. We took pictures together and took pictures separately also. We headed inside, he walked me to our seats. Jalaiyah and Kevin were here with us. They were next to us. We spoke and then I sat down.

"You go be okay baby?" He asks.

"She will be fine, she with me." Jalaiyah said as I laughed.

"Nigga that's why I asked." He said as me, him and Kevin laughed.

"Oh, you on his side?" She asked me.

"Always. But I'll be fine baby go backstage. You going to be performing in a few." I said. I kissed him.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I told him. I saw him leave me and Jalaiyah talked until it was time for his performance. Then it was time. I watched him as he walked on stage to the mic.

We all stood up and clapped. I always enjoy watching him perform. Just seeing him in his element. He walked off the stage.

"That nigga be doing flips like it's nothing. He should teach me something." Kevin said as we laughed at him.

"Right, is his heart able to take this?" Jalaiyah asked.

"Yes, we see his doctor a couple of times a month. And since we moved he got a new doctor but he's cool just like the last one. Alex is comfortable with him." I told her.

"That's good. That means he's able to be open about anything with his doctor." She said as I nodded. I'm just happy he's okay. We waited for Alex and when he came back he told us something.

"We don't have to stay if y'all don't want to." He said.

"I thought you were nominated." Jalaiyah said.

"I did but I didn't win."

"How do you feel about that?" I asked him.

"I don't give a fuck I got nominated for a Grammy. I just found that out. That shit in 5 weeks." He said.

"How you just find that out? Y'all haven't been on social media?" Kevin said. Me and Alex shook our heads no.

"I need to get like that. But I'm down with leaving I'm hungry I say let's go out to eat." Jalaiyah said.

"I'm hungry too." I said as Alex helped me up. He grabbed my hand and we walked outside.

"Oh, we know." Jalaiyah replied.

"Shut up." We got to our car. He opened the passenger door for me. I got in, and he closed the door and got in as well. Jalaiyah picked the restaurant so we just followed them.

"How do you feel about you being nominated for a Grammy?" I asked him.

"I feel good. This music shit was just something to do at first because I lost basketball. But seeing how our supporters react to it. Seeing how I earned more fans, and the love they get is amazing to me. I like how they can relate to my music and I'm happy they enjoy it."

"Are you going on tour? If you are I wanna go." I said excitedly. He laughed a little.

"No, but I'm going on tour for my next album. I'll be performing the songs from F.A.M.E and Fortune."

"That's the name for the album you working on right now?" I asked and he nodded.

"Tour dates? I'm sure you planned already." That's something else I love about him. He likes to plan ahead.

"I'm going to drop the album in June. The tour will start in November and end in December. If you okay with that?"

"I'm fine with it. Where?"

"Most of your favorite places."

"You performing in Paris? Because then I'm definitely going. Me and my kid." I said and he laughed.

"That's my kid too. And yes I am. And more places. Like Dublin and Berlin. In other words, it's a European tour."

"Oh, we going. And I know you go want to see Nova."

"I am and see you too. You know I don't like being far from you." He said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"And your doctor?"

"He'll be on tour with us. I know how you are so I already talked to him."

"Thank you."