Mate (Version B)

Wither's POV

It was June 17th, my eighteenth birthday. Today I was finally old enough to find my mate; the one I was destined to love and cherish forever.

I really hoped my mate was the guy I've had my eyes on for two years: my close friend and classmate Skeleton.

To me, Skeleton was perfect. He was gorgeous; milk-colored skin, light grey hair, cyan blue eyes...

I blushed thinking of him. I really hoped he was my mate; because I didn't want anyone else.

I was currently in the park, walking down one of the many paths. Suddenly, an intoxicating scent hit my nose. It was the best scent I've ever smelled: peppermint and vanilla.

I knew immediately this scent was from my mate.

I walked quickly, following the scent...

Skeleton's POV

I was hanging out with Zombie at the park. It was about noon, and we were just sitting on a bench and chatting.

Suddenly, an intoxicating scent hit my nose: a pine forest with a hint of burning wood. I got up, trying to determine where the scent was coming from.

"Skelly... Overworld to Skelly..."

I turned around to see a confused Zombie staring at me.

"What?" I said.

"You stared off into space, I was just making sure you were okay," he said.

"Oh..."

"Why'd you get up so suddenly, anyway?"

"Um..." I said.

"Yeah?" He said, urging me to continue.

"I think my mate is nearby..."

"But how can you tell that? You're only 17!"

"Well, only one of us has to be 18," I pointed out.

"Oh," he said, suddenly looking like he just realized something.

"What?"

He looked at me, a smirk on his face.

"You know who's eighteenth birthday it is today?" He asked.

"Uhhh... No?"

Zombie laughed. "Dude, you forgot Wither's birthday!"

"Oh, shit," I muttered. "But what does that have to with this?"

"I don't know, you tell me," he said, still smirking.

"I don't know what you're talking abo-" I was cut off by a pair of strong arms wrapping around me. I blushed at the feeling. The scent was the closest it could be.

My mate is holding me?

"Mine!" A familiar voice said to a wide-eyed Zombie.

Wither's POV

I followed the scent to where I saw Zombie and Skeleton talking. I realized who my mate was that instant.

Holy fuck. Skelly IS my mate...

"I don't know what you're talking abo-" Skeleton started, but he was cut off by me wrapping my arms around him.

"Mine!" I said to a wide-eyed Zombie.

Zombie looked at Skelly, an amused smirk on his face. "Have an idea on what I was talking about now?"

"No?"

"Your mate is right here. Turn around," Zombie said with the smirk still on his face. Skeleton turned around, his cyan blue eyes meeting my own dark brown eyes.