Parents Past

(Sequel to "Skelly's Painful Past")

3rd POV

Skeleton was out for a walk, strolling through a peaceful patch of woods near him and Wither's house, just enjoying nature. He felt completely at ease.

But what he didn't know was that two people from his past had been looking for him... And were about to find him.

"Well, well, you've grown, haven't you?" Skeleton heard a voice behind him. He hadn't heard that voice in nine years; but he recognized it immediately.

He shook terribly as he turned around and saw his father Jones, along with his mother Vicki, standing right there as they both glared at him, their eyes full of malice.

"N-no... y-you c-can't b-be h-here..." Skeleton stuttered in fear, backing up as he shook impossibly more.

"We are here, and we're going to punish you for running away all those years ago," His father smirked evilly, and before Skeleton could turn and run, his father ran up to him and punched him in the face, making his left eye a black eye as his mother laughed cruelly. He fell down on the ground and tried to get back up, but his father planted his foot in his back and knocked him back down again. He screamed as he felt his father's punches and mother's kicks. There was only one thing he could do...

"WITHER!!! HELP!!!"

/——\

Wither was on the couch watching TV when he felt really scared; terrified, actually. He wasn't sure what was going on until he felt pain; as if he'd just been punched in the face. He felt more pain; it felt like he was being kicked and punched at the same time. Before he could think his realizing thought, he heard a scream; one he knew all too well.

"WITHER!!! HELP!!!"

"Oh my Notch, Skelly!" Wither realized; the pain and fear he was feeling was Skeleton's. He quickly locked into Skeleton's coordinates and his eyes widened when he saw two skeletons punching and kicking the crap out of his Skelly.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM!!!" Wither screamed, his eyes going red with rage, and the two skeletons turned and widened their eyes in fear at the sight of the red-eyed, pissed off wither skeleton.

"W-w-wither skeleton!" The male skeleton said, backing up along with the female skeleton; who Wither assumed was his wife.

"Please don't hurt us!" The female pleaded, the fear clear in her eyes.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do if you don't get the fuck out of my sight and never come back," Wither growled savagely, standing in front of the grounded Skeleton in a protective stance.

"W-we won't!" The male skeleton said; just like his wife, he was scared shitless of wither skeletons. "Vicki, let's get out of here!" The skeleton and his wife hightailed it out of there, as Wither finally turned his sights to Skeleton.

"Oh my fucking Notch," Wither whispered, as he saw the unconscious Skeleton. He very gently picked him up; and he could feel Skeleton's body wince at Wither's hand on his side. Wither realized that his ribs were probably cracked.

"My poor Skelly..." Wither whispered, tears coming to his eyes. He quickly teleported the two of them home, and laid Skeleton down on their bed. He gently felt Skeleton's ribs; he was right, they were cracked; but thankfully, not as badly cracked as they could've been. He also saw the bruises on Skeleton's arms and his black eye.

"Those fucking bastards," he growled as he conjured up a Potion of Healing II. He quickly took the cap off and fed it to the still-unconscious Skeleton. Wither saw his bruises and black eye fade; and heard the nearly-inaudible sound of his cracked ribs mending. Now that Skeleton's wounds were healed; all that Wither had to do now was wait for him to wake up.

Wither laid down on the bed next to Skeleton, and pulled the blankets over the both of them. He held Skeleton close, then said softly, "Please wake up, my Skelly... You're safe with me now, love... Please wake up..."

A few small tears leaked out of Wither's bright yellow eyes as he hugged his unconscious boyfriend closer to him. He snuggled with him more, hoping Skeleton would wake up soon.

After a few minutes (that felt like an eternity) had passed, Wither heard a soft, "W-Wither?"

/——\

The last thing Skeleton heard before he fell unconscious was Wither's voice screaming, "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM!!!" After that, when his mind woke up again he heard Wither's soft voice say, "Please wake up, my Skelly... You're safe with me now, love... Please wake up..." Skeleton's mind and body fell unconscious again, and when he awoke he felt the familiar feeling of Wither's arms around him, holding him close. He recognized the soft feeling of their bed and blankets. Skeleton tried to open his eyes, and was happy when it worked. He looked to the side, where he saw Wither's familiar figure.

"W-Wither?" He asked softly, sitting up, making Wither look at him at the sound of his voice. Before Skeleton could say anything else, Wither nearly squeezed him in a hug, indicating that he was happy that Skeleton was awake.

"My Skelly, are you okay?" Wither asked, looking down at Skeleton.

"I-I am n-now," Skeleton said, snuggling his face in Wither's chest.

"Skelly, who were they?" Wither asked, the worry clear in his voice.

Skeleton started to tear up as he remembered him getting beat by his parents for the first time in nine years. "M-my p-p-parents," he stuttered out, starting to cry. Wither held Skeleton close, comforting him with his touch and warmth as he sobbed.

"I d-didn't t-think t-they'd look f-for me... I-I t-thought that they'd b-be h-happy to be r-rid o-of me..." Skeleton managed, still sobbing. Wither couldn't believe how much Skeleton was crying; the only other time he'd seen him cry like this was two weeks ago; when he had his most recent nightmare of his parents.

"Ssshhhh, it's alright, my Skelly... I'm here for you," Wither soothed in a soft voice, holding Skeleton close and rubbing his back. Skeleton cried for a long time, making Wither's heart hurt more the longer he cried. He couldn't believe how cruelly parents could treat their own child and not feel bad about it.

"W-Wither, a-am I a bad p-person?" Skeleton asked, his sobs starting to cease ever so slightly.

"Hell no, Skelly. You're nowhere near being a bad person," Wither soothed, rubbing Skeleton's back. "You are the kindest and most good-hearted person I've ever met, and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. Your golden heart is one of the things that made me fall in love with you in the first place..."

Skeleton cuddled into Wither's chest, his tears drying up more. He loved Wither so much; he was the first person that made him feel so safe and loved ever since his parents became abusive.

And he knew Wither loved him too.

"I-I love you so m-much, Wither..." Skeleton said, the gratefulness and love in his tone obvious.

"I love you too, my Skelly. You're the only one I ever have loved, and the only one I ever will love," Wither replied, the love in his tone also obvious.

The two shared a loving kiss, then they both laid back down and snuggled each other more. Despite it still being daylight out, Skeleton started to fall asleep after a few minutes. Before Skeleton fell asleep, he heard Wither say, "I'll always love you, my sweet Skelly."

"A-And I'll always l-love you, my h-handsome Wither..." Skeleton mumbled back, blushing softly. He finally fell asleep, Wither cuddling him in his strong arms. He looked at his beloved boyfriend, wondering what he did to deserve someone like him.

"You say you don't know what you did to deserve me... I don't know what I did to deserve you," Wither said to the sleeping Skeleton, knowing he wouldn't get a reply.

"Sleep well, my love," Wither said, kissing his love's cheek and closing his own eyes. Soon Wither fell asleep too, with the love of his life in his arms.