Skelly's Painful Past

(Warning: Child abuse!)

3rd POV

"No! Mama! Papa! Please stop!" Ten-year-old Skeleton pleaded, shivering in the corner with several fresh bruises on his face and arms as his parents laughed at him.

"Why should we? You're the ugliest thing to ever exist in the Overworld," Skeleton's father cackled. His mother stood there, a sickening smirk on her face.

"I-I didn't do anything to you... P-please stop..." Little Skeleton sobbed.

"You do enough to us by existing," his father said. "C'mon Vicki, let's leave him to sob pointlessly like the little bitch he is," he said to his wife. He grinned and left the room as Vicki followed him, closing Skeleton's bedroom door and locking it from the outside. Skeleton laid down on his thin, ratty mattress and sobbed; he couldn't understand why his parents treated him like this.

It'd been three years since his parents had started abusing him; when he was seven they slowly changed from loving and sheltering parents to cruel and abusive. What had he done to deserve all this?

"I'm a good boy... why does nobody love me?" Skeleton sobbed, eventually exhausting himself from crying so much to the point that he fell asleep.

Wither's POV

I woke up to the feeling of Skelly's shaking and the sound of his sobbing. I looked to my side to see him shaking horribly in his sleep as he sobbed uncontrollably.

"I'm a good boy... why does nobody love me?" Skelly whispered in his sleep, tears falling from his closed eyes.

My heart broke seeing him like this. I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and shook it. "Wake up, my Skelly... It's just a bad dream... Please wake up for me..." I asked softly, but loud enough so he could hear me.

After a few seconds of me shaking his shoulder, Skeleton's eyes opened; his gorgeous green eyes were filled with tears.

"Skelly..." I said softly. He looked at me, his eyes holding a great amount of pain. Before I could say anything more, he wrapped his arms around me and clutched to me as if he was drowning and I was a floatie. He started sobbing his poor heart out; breaking my heart into a million pieces.

"Oh, my Skelly..." I soothed, rubbing his back. I held him close as he sobbed hard. "It's alright, my love, I'm here. Let it all out."

Skeleton listened; he kept crying and crying to the point where I wondered how it was possible for someone to physically cry for that long. All that time, I rubbed his back and whispered soothing words to him, although I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't heard them over the sound of his own crying.

After what seemed like an eternity, his tears stopped. He buried his face in my pajama shirt, still clutching to me tightly.

"Skelly, do you feel better?" I asked. He looked at me and gulped. "A l-little..."

"Was it... your parents again?" I asked. Him having nightmares was normal; but I'd never seen him act like this after one. He nodded, and he buried his face in my shirt again.

"I-It was a-awful..." he sobbed, but no tears came out; probably because it was physically impossible for him to let out any more tears for a while.

"What... what happened?" I asked. He stayed silent; he didn't want to answer, and that was completely alright.

Skelly had never told me in full what had happened to him, he just told me the basics; his parents started abusing him horribly when he was seven, and he escaped when he was eleven. So I had no idea what his parents had done to him specifically; but it must've been horrible.

I pulled him away from my chest just enough so I could put my left hand on his forehead; so I could look and see what had happened in his nightmare. I could see it all; the beatings, Skelly's pleading, his bastard parents making fun of him and locking him in his room, leaving him to cry alone.

Seeing his memories broke my heart into a million more pieces; now I knew what he had gone through. But what scared me the most was that I didn't think that that was the worst of it.

"My poor sweet Skelly..." I whispered, stroking his hair. He snuggled into my pajama shirt; it was soaked from his tears but I couldn't give any less fucks.

"I-I'm so w-weak, Wither..." Skeleton whimpered. My bright yellow eyes widened.

"Why do you say that, Skelly?" I asked.

"B-because it's true... I-I couldn't fight b-back... I w-was weak then a-and I'm weak n-now..." he sobbed, but still not tears came out.

"That's not true, Skelly," I said. He looked up at me with that answer. "You were too young to be able to fight back, that wasn't your fault..."

"... And you're not weak now, either. You survived that bullshit for four years; that makes you strong, my Skelly..." I comforted him, talking in a soft, soothing tone to hopefully help him realize that what I was saying was true.

Skeleton's POV

I felt relieved and comforted by Wither's words and his soothing tone; I hugged him more to try and show him how much I appreciated him.

I had no idea what I had done to deserve such an amazing boyfriend.

"T-thank you so much, W-Wither... I don't know w-what I did t-to deserve you or w-why you love me s-so much..." I thanked him, hoping the sincerity in my tone was obvious.

"You deserve me because you're an amazing person, Skelly," Wither said. "You didn't deserve any of the things your asshole parents did to you."

"As for why I love you so much... it's because you're the only good thing in my life. You're the one thing that makes my life worth living. Before I met you, I was just a wreck, mentally and spiritually. You changed all that, my Skelly," he finished. I looked up at him; meeting those wonderful yellow eyes of his. I could see the love in them.

I had no idea I meant that much to him.

"Y-you never told m-me that..." I said, my green eyes meeting his yellow ones.

"Well, now I have. You mean the world to me, my Skelly..." he said; the sincerity in his tone was unmistakable. I loved it when he called me his; it made me feel so loved and wanted.

He leaned down and kissed me, and I loved the feeling. I kissed back, keeping my arms wrapped around him as he held me close, one of his hands wandering down to my hip.

After what we both deemed a necessary amount of time, we pulled away. I looked up at him; he had that same loving look in his eyes and face.

"I love you so much, my Skelly..." he said softly.

"I l-love you too... m-my Wither," I said, blushing as I said the last two words.

He smiled, "That's right, I'm your Wither and you're my Skelly," he said. He gave me a quick but loving kiss on the forehead and then laid back down, bringing me with him. I snuggled up against him; hearing the oddly soothing sound of his steady heartbeat.

"Good night, my Skelly~" he said softly, holding me close.

"G-Good night, m-my Wither~" I said softly back, snuggling close to him.

I didn't have a nightmare for several days after that.

(#ProteccSkeletonSquad ASSEMBLE!!! *takes out Minecraft sword and handgun*)