Comfort Kisses

3rd POV

Wither sat on the couch, waiting for Skeleton to come back from his late afternoon walk. He was worried about him; the sun was halfway down, and he still hadn't come home. Skeleton had went to the woods; and Wither hoped he was okay.

At that moment, Skeleton came back. Wither perked up when he heard the door open, but his joy disappeared in an instant when he saw Skeleton. He had tears in his eyes, and had a large cut that started right by his elbow to just below his wrist on his right arm.

"Skelly!" Wither shouted, immediately leaping up from the couch and running over to him. "What happened?"

Skeleton didn't say anything, he just hugged Wither tightly and buried his face in his chest. Wither could hear him crying softly.

"It's gonna be okay, Skelly... we just need to get that wound taken care of," he said comfortingly as he soothingly rubbed Skeleton's back. He was heartbroken to see Skeleton like this, but also pissed that someone had done this to him. He lead Skeleton over to the couch, who was still not saying a word. Wither conjured up a Potion of Healing II and gave it to Skeleton, who drank it and the wound stopped bleeding and closed up; but there was still a long, jagged mark on his arm where the wound had been.

"I think you might have a scar, Skelly... I'm sorry," he said.

Skeleton looked up at him, still teary-eyed. He hugged Wither tightly, starting to cry softly again. Wither hugged him back, giving Skeleton a feeling of comfort.

"Who did this to you?" Wither asked. Skeleton looked up and said, "A human...."

"What?! A human shouldn't have been this close to the village. They couldn't have been; There's a border that prevents humans from entering..."

"I... may have went out of the border,"'Skeleton admitted.

"What? Why?" Wither asked.

"I didn't realize I had until that I saw that human... I didn't even do anything! He just... took out his sword and attacked me..."

Wither growled, making Skeleton shrink back a little bit.

"I'm sorry, Skelly... but what that human did to you pisses me off," Wither apologized, holding Skeleton closer. "What happened to the human?"

"Another human called him, and he left..."

"Good for him. Because if he had stuck around, I would've killed him."

Skeleton buried his face in Wither's chest once more, crying again.

"Please don't cry, Skelly..." Wither said. Skeleton still cried. Wither rubbed his back, and without thinking, kissed the top of his head. He pulled back when he realized what he was doing, but he noticed Skeleton's cries had slightly softened. Realizing that that had helped calm him down a bit, Wither kissed Skeleton's head again, stroking his light grey hair. Skeleton looked up at Wither, blushing.

"Is.... Is this helping?" Wither asked, blushing himself. Skeleton felt too shy to speak, so he nodded. Wither kissed the side of Skeleton's head, then kissed his ear, still stroking his hair. Skeleton noticeably relaxed. Wither kept up the comforting kisses, which Skeleton enjoyed. Eventually, Skeleton's tears had completely dried. He looked up at Wither, blushing. "Thank you, Wither..."

"Anything for you," Wither said, kissing his forehead, making both skeletons blush more. Skeleton rested his head on Wither's chest, his arms wrapped around him. Wither soothingly rubbed his back.

"Wither?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I stay like this for a minute? Your touch is just... really nice," Skeleton asked, blushing.

"Stay there for as long as you want," Wither answered. He wrapped his arms around him, making Skeleton cuddle up against him. The mutual feeling of comfort and security made the two feel like they should finally confess to each other.

"Skelly?"

"Wither?"

Both skeletons blushed as they looked at each other, having said each other's names at the same time.

"I wanna tell you something, Skelly..." Wither said.

"What is it?"

"I...." Wither started, but blushed harder.

"Yeah?"

"I... Love you, Skelly..." Wither admitted softly, staring into Skeleton's eyes lovingly.

Skeleton gave a soft, shy smile. "I love you too, Wither."

Without thinking, both of them leaned in and their lips met. Wither's hold on Skeleton remained firm as they continued their first kiss. They finally pulled away after several seconds. They both smiled at each other.

"I love you so much, Wither," Skeleton said softly.

"I love you too, Skelly. More than anything or anyone in this world."

Skeleton cuddled up against Wither's chest, who in return wrapped his arms around Skeleton.
With that, the newly-confessed couple fell asleep in the comfort of each other's touch.