Please Eat

(Warning: This chapter contains mentions of purposely not eating and self-esteem issues. If you're not comfortable reading that kind of stuff, proceed with caution... or just skip this one. Whichever one you wanna do 🙃)

Wither's POV

I've been really worried about Skeleton lately. Summer vacation started today, and the last week of this school year he hadn't eaten anything at lunchtime. I always offered to code food for him, but he always declined and told me he'd eat later.

I've had a crush on Skeleton for several months now, and him not eating anything was really worrying me. I kept wondering if I should use my hacking powers and check his hunger bar, but I didn't because I didn't wanna risk Skelly getting mad at me.

Right now I was on my way to his house to check on him; as I said before, I've been really worried about him this past week.

I hope he's okay...

As I reached his house, I knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I heard him say from inside.

"It's Wither."

"Oh..."

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Not right now," he said, which shocked me. He always told me I could come in, no matter what.

"Why not? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he said, but he sounded tired.

"You don't sound fine to me," I said. He didn't respond.

"Skelly?" Still no response, but I heard him sigh.

"Skeleton, let me come in or I'll come in myself," I said. I hardly ever call him Skeleton, so that compared with the tone of my voice let him know I was serious.

"Alright, you can come in..."

I opened the door to find him sitting on the couch, staring at the switched-off TV.

"Skelly?" I said, which made him turn his head. His pale brown eyes looked tired.

"Hey, Wither."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he said. Right then I noticed that his shirt was a little baggy; as if he had lost weight. That wasn't a good sign.

"What have you eaten today?" I asked.

"What?"

"What have you eaten today?" I repeated.

"Oh, I had... a pumpkin pie shortly before you came," he said. Something told me he was lying, so I took the risk of upsetting him and checked his hunger bar.

It had 2 out of 10 points...

"You're lying, Skelly," I said.

"How-?"

"I checked your hunger bar; you're down to 2 points," I said, making the concern clear in my voice.

"Okay, so I forgot to eat today. So what?" He said.

"Forgetting to eat for one day doesn't make you skinnier," I pointed out.

"What- How-"

"I can tell you're thinner, Skeleton," I said. Yes, skeletons ARE naturally skinnier than other mobs, but he seemed thin; even for a skeleton.

"I'm not thinner," he insisted.

I put a hand on his side, and felt his ribs. I could feel them well.

"Why are you so thin?" I asked, looking back at him. I couldn't tell for sure, but I think he was blushing.