I Miss You So Much

(I decided to make you guys feel sad and potentially cry. I'm evil sometimes, heh heh... Oh, and it's short)

3rd POV

Skeleton walked into the cemetery, a bouquet of black orchids in his hands. He passed by several graves before stopping at the only grave made of blackstone. There was a wither skull picture carved onto the top of the front , and the engraving underneath it read...

Here Lies Jax Rosewither
1999-2022
Powerful Hacker
Loyal Friend
Loving Partner

Skeleton laid the flowers down on the course dirt over the grave, a small, pain-filled but genuine smile on his face. He noticed some dirt on the gravestone, and scraped it off using his thumb. Out of all the graves in this cemetery, Wither's was by far the cleanest and most visited.

Skeleton visited this grave nearly every day. He would talk to his memory of Wither as if he were right there beside him, and he didn't care what other people thought.

It'd been almost a year since his fiancé had died. Skeleton felt a tear falling down his cheek as he recalled the day he'd gotten the call from the hospital. The call where he'd been told that Wither had been shot by a well-known shooter. Herobrine had arrived in time to kill the shooter before he could flee the scene, but Wither had already been shot in the abdomen. The doctors had tried to save him, but it had been too late. Wither was already gone.

"H-Hey Wither," Skeleton said, staring at the gravestone. "I hope you're having a happy birthday up there. You would've been 24 today." After a brief pause, he continued. "I-It's been almost a year without you, a year without seeing your beautiful eyes and your handsome face, a year without hearing your sweet voice..." Skeleton swallowed back tears as he continued, twisting the polished netherite engagement band on his right ring finger. "I-I miss you so much. I know you were taken from me too early. I wish that you were still alive, that you hadn't been shot. I-If you hadn't, we would be married and still be happy. I've tried to move on and be happy, because I know that that's what you would want, but I can't." Now Skeleton couldn't hold back the tears. He started sobbing, burying his face in his hands.

"I c-can't be happy without you! B-Believe me, I've t-tried," he said, talking through the tears. "I hate l-living like t-this... I hate l-life without you. You w-were the love of m-my life, my everything! A-And you s-still are... I'm living w-with a hole in my h-heart... And nothing c-can fill it b-but you. I l-love you so m-much! I w-want the pain to e-end, to leave... b-but it never w-will." Skeletons fell to his knees, the sobs making his body shake. Then....

Then Skeleton swears that he can feel Wither's strong arms around him. He hears the wind whistle by, and swears he can hear Wither's voice on it.

"Don't cry, my love..."

He felt slightly comforted. Maybe he was just hearing and/or feeling things, but he thought that Wither's spirit was there, watching over him. Despite the pain he was feeling, he smiled. He looked back at the gravestone, tears still falling from his eyes, but not as much now.

"I-I miss you so m-much..."

(I almost cried while writing this. Did you guys cry, or almost cry reading it??
Also, anyone interested in a sequel-shot? 👀)