Murderer's Guilt

(Sequel to Murdered Love)

(Warning: Wither kills himself!)

Wither's POV

I was in all black; nothing and no one around. I suddenly heard a voice.

"They're all gone."

"Who's gone?"

"I got what I wanted, now I have no more need for you."

"What the hell?"

My vision suddenly cleared, and I looked up. It was nighttime, and the sky was dark, even for nighttime. No nighttime sounds were there; no nocturnal animals calling to each other, no crickets chirping.

I realized there was a familiar figure in my arms, and looked down...

To see Skeleton. He'd been stabbed in the heart from the back.

"Oh my Notch! Skelly?!" I said, shaking him with my one arm holding him, but it couldn't do anything; he was already gone.

It was then I realized I was holding something, I looked at it...

It was a sword, with blood staining it's blade.

I then realized...

I had done this.

I had killed Skelly.

I immediately threw the sword to the ground, sobs starting to control me as I held my love's body in my arms.

"W-what h-have I d-done?!" I sobbed, looking at Skeleton. He was dead; there was nothing I could do to help him.

I could feel my heart clench at what I had done. Then I realized what the voice had said.

"They're all gone."

I realized what whoever-the-fuck-that-was had meant.

I hadn't just killed Skeleton, I had killed everyone.

"I-I'm a f-fucking murderer," I sobbed. "I've k-killed everyone who I c-cared for. I-I'm a m-monster..."

I looked at the sword laying on the ground; the same sword I had used to murder everyone.

I picked it up...

And plunged it deep in my side. I could feel major pain, and I knew I was going to die.

That was the point.

I lay on the ground, holding Skeleton in my arms as I started to quickly bleed to death.

"I'm s-so sorry, love," I whispered in my dead boyfriend's ear. "I'll j-join you very s-soon."

Mere moments later, I felt the life start to leave my body. I held Skeleton close to me, planting a kiss on his head.

"I'm coming, my love..."

Then I felt myself grow limp, and my eyes closed as my heart stopped.

/——\

3rd POV

Wither woke up in a sunny meadow, where he saw a deep forest behind him and black stone gates in front of him.

"Hello, Aiden Withertone," a voice suddenly said. Wither looked up to see a female zombie near the gates. She wore a long white dress and a gold necklace.

"Who are you?" Wither asked.

"I'm Venus, the caretaker of mobs in the afterlife. We've been expecting you."

"I'm a murderer," he said, averting his eyes. "I killed everyone I cared about."

"I'm well aware of that, but it wasn't your fault," Venus said. Before Wither could ask, she held up her hand. "Let me explain. A rare dark force took you over, one whose goal is to possess living mobs and force them to murder all their loved ones. No mobs, not even one as powerful as you, can resist it. This isn't the first time I've welcomed someone who killed themself after realizing what they'd done."

"I'm still a murderer," Wither said.

"But it wasn't your fault; you had no control over it," she said.

"But I murdered Skelly! I murdered the one I love..." Wither exclaimed, feeling like crying again.

"Jackson Ribsbone? He's here, I explained all of this to him as well. He knows it wasn't your fault. All of your friends know it wasn't your fault."

"They hate me. They should! How can they forgive me, when I can't even forgive myself?!" Wither cried,  burying his face in his hands. "I hate myself..."

When a voice was heard, it wasn't Venus' smooth, feminine voice. It was a familiar, masculine one.

"W-Wither?"

Wither looked up to see Skeleton standing there, looking at him with surprise.

"S-Skelly?!" Wither exclaimed before starting to break down.

"I'm so sorry Skelly! I didn't mean to murder you! It's all my fault you and the others are dead, I'm so sorry! You should hate me for what I've done, I'm a murderer! I murdered the one I love..." he sobbed, but no tears came out.

He felt Skeleton wrap his arms around him, "Wither, I know it wasn't your fault. Venus explained everything to us. None of us hate you, we know you were controlled. We don't hate you."

"You should, I hate myself..." Wither murmured, unable to look Skeleton in the eyes.

He then felt the familiar feeling of Skeleton's lips against his, which surprised him, but it wasn't unwelcome. He kissed back as he held his lover in his arms, remembering the sweet feeling of it.

After several moments, Skeleton pulled away and looked Wither in the eyes. "I still love you, Wither, more than anyone else."

"I love you too, Skelly, so much. You were the one thing keeping me alive... When we were alive."

Skeleton wrapped his fingers around Wither's, rubbing his palm with his thumb. "C'mon, let's go. Everyone else is waiting to see you."

The blackstone gates opened, and the two skeletons walked through it to Mobselvia, the mob afterlife, where they would spend the rest of eternity together; just like they were meant to.

(So everyone's dead, but still a happy ending! I'm sorry if I made anyone cry... Actually wait, no, I'm not. 😈 I'm not sorry because it had a happy ending.
You're probably tired of this author's note, so bye! See you guys in the next oneshot! 🙃)