I'm So Sorry

(Warning: Wither's death! Get ready to cry! 😅)

3rd POV

"SKELLY LOOK OUT!" Wither suddenly screamed, and Skeleton turned just to see the bright lights of a car. He prepared for the collision...

And it came, but not in the way he expected. He felt the force of being pushed out of the way, and fell onto the ground by the side of the road. He took a hard landing, his hands getting scraped from the gravel. Before he had time to lift his head, he heard the screech of brakes and the blood-chilling scream from Wither.

"WITHER!" Skeleton screamed as he looked up and saw Wither, severely injured and bleeding on the road in front of the car.

Wither had saved him... But at a high cost.

Skeleton got up and ran immediately to Wither's side, as the two humans got out of the car to aid them, only to scream in fear.

"AHHH, a wither skeleton!" One of them screamed.

Skeleton looked up at them; if looks could kill, they would've dropped dead immediately.

"You... you monsters! Get outta here!" Skeleton screamed in rage and grief. The two humans got back in their car and drove away.

Skeleton picked Wither up, which was no easy feat- Wither was larger and heavier than him- and ran the fastest he could to their home. He kicked open the door and laid Wither down on the couch.

"Skelly..." Wither said weakly, gripping Skeleton's hand.

"Oh my Notch, Wither! I'm so sorry..." Skeleton cried, gripping Wither's hand back. "I should've watched where I was going, this is all my fault-"

"Did you make me push you out of the way?"

"No-"

"Did you hit me with the car?"

"No-"

"Then how is it your fault?"

Skeleton fell silent for a brief moment, then spoke again. "Wither, we need to call an ambulance-"

"Skelly, they won't get here in time. It's too late for m-"

"Don't say that! Please don't say that!" Skeleton cried, tears streaming down his grey-white cheeks. "You'll be fine! You h-have to be-"

"Skelly." Wither said, making Skeleton look at him. "I'd get hit by a thousand cars if it meant saving you."

"You always save me! You took too big a risk this time, Wither! I-I can't lose you..."

"I can't lose you either; that's why I saved you."

"Wither, if I lose you, I'll be all a-alone-" Skeleton said.

"No, you won't. You have Zombie, Herobrine, and everyone else. You'll never be alone."

"Wither, I-I'm not going to let you d-die!"

"You don't have a choice, Skelly. We have no healing potions, and an ambulance won't get here in time. It's too late for me..."

"W-Wither!" Skeleton exclaimed, his vision blurred with tears.

"Skelly, I need you to make me a promise..."

"W-What is it?!"

"Promise me you won't give up. Promise me you'll still try to enjoy life and be with our friends. Promise you won't forget me..."

"I p-promise, Wither! I promise on my life!" Skeleton promised, his vision almost completely blurred with tears.

"Skelly, I love you. I love you with everything I have, and I'm so sorry I'm leaving you so soon..." Wither said, his breaths slowing more.

"I l-love you too, W-Wither..." Skeleton cried, still holding onto Wither's hand.

With the last of his strength, Wither leaned his head up and kissed Skeleton while putting his hand on his tear-streaked cheek. Skeleton kissed back, knowing this would be the last time. After a few seconds, Wither's hand dropped and his head fell back. Skeleton cried out; the sound so strangled that you could hardly recognize it as a cry of pain. He pressed his ear to Wither's chest, praying to hear a heartbeat, but he heard nothing. He sobbed his heart out as he held the body of the love of his life.

Wither was gone.

- 50 Years Later -

Skeleton smiled; he was finally going to see Wither again.

Skeleton never found love again, but he had kept his promise to Wither. He had enjoyed life as much as he could without him, and he always spent time with their friends whenever he had the chance.

Skeleton knew he'd kept his promise. And now, they were finally going to be reunited.

As he leaned his head back and took his final breaths, he said his final words, that came out in a rasped whisper.

"I'm coming, Wither..."

(Bonus part to make this chapter longer 🙃)

Skeleton woke up in a bright place; a beautiful flower meadow with golden gates in front of him. He looked around, not recognizing anything.

"W-Where am I?" He asked out loud.

"You're in the mob afterlife, Skelly," he heard a familiar voice say. He hadn't heard that voice in fifty years; but he recognized it immediately.

He turned around, seeing someone tall; with deep grey skin, pitch black hair, and beautiful dark brown eyes.

Wither.

"What, no hug?" Wither teased, his strong, lean arms open wide.

Skeleton went from staring in disbelief to being engulfed in the warm embrace of his partner. He buried his head in Wither's chest, snuggling into him. It was a sensation he hadn't felt in fifty years. It was a sweet feeling; sweeter now since he hadn't felt it in so long.

"I missed you so much, Skelly..." Wither said, the love in his voice only one of the many, many things Skeleton had missed about Wither.

"I missed you, too, Wither, so much," Skeleton said, pulling his head away from Wither's chest so he could stare into Wither's gorgeous eyes.

Wither leaned in and kissed Skeleton, who closed his eyes and kissed back in delight. Skeleton wrapped his arms around Wither's neck, while Wither held him around the waist; one of his hands wandering down to Skeleton's hip.

After a few minutes, they finally pulled away. Wither lovingly locked his dark brown eyes with Skeleton's pale yellow eyes.

"Thank you, Skelly," Wither said.

"For what??"

"Thank you for making me happy when I was alive. You were the one thing that made my life worth living. And thank you for keeping your promise to me."

"You're so welcome, Wither. And thank you, for saving my life. I-I just wished I had been watching where I was going; if I had, you wouldn't have-"

"Skelly," Wither said, making Skeleton stop talking. "Don't blame yourself for what happened to me. It was my choice. And no matter how many chances I'd get, I'd choose to save you every time." Wither's words caused Skeleton to finally break down; he started sobbing in Wither's embrace; though no tears fell.

"Hey, Skelly, it's alright... I'm here, we're together now..." Wither soothed, rubbing Skeleton's back soothingly and kissing the top of his head. Skeleton stopped, and looked back up at Wither's handsome face.

"We're never going to be apart again..."

(What'd you guys think? Did you cry? 😈)