The Scar

3rd POV

Wither and Skeleton were best friends, and they had been for a year. They'd known each other for two; and both had growing feelings for the other.

But Skeleton had a secret, one that was a permanent mark on his body. He wasn't planning to reveal it to Wither- or anyone- but things don't always go as planned.

Wither's POV

I was on my way to see Skeleton, my best friend. We were really close and did a lot of things together; which only made my feelings for him grow. At first it was just a crush, but it soon evolved into love.

Not like he would feel the same...

I've noticed something about Skeleton; the whole time I've known him he's worn a long sleeve over his right arm. On short-sleeved shirts he had a long sleeve sewn on the right one, and I never knew why. Something told me it was a touchy subject for him, so I never asked.

I came to his house, and knocked on the door. "Skelly?"

It was silent; no answer.

I knocked again; no answer.

You might think this would worry me, but this happened sometimes when I came over, Skeleton would be out on a walk, and I'd usually go look for him. So that's what I did.

I went to Skeleton's usual path, but as I passed by a certain path, something told me I should go that way. It wasn't Skelly's usual path, but I trusted my gut and went that way.

It led me to a large, deep pond. The scenery around it was beautiful, and I would've stopped to admire it if it wasn't for what- or who- I saw in the water.

Skeleton was floating on the top of the pond; and I knew he couldn't swim. It looked like he was unconscious.

"Skelly!" I shouted, then immediately used my hacking powers to get him out of the water. He was laying on the ground, and I knew he probably had water in his lungs.

Okay, let's try to not have a heart attack while doing this, I told myself. I started giving him CPR, and if it were under better circumstances, I would've focused on how nice his lips felt, but now was not the time for that.

He coughed after I did chest compressions a few times, getting the rest of the water out of his lungs. But he was still unconscious.

"C'mon, Skelly, I'm taking you home," I said, picking him up bridal style and carrying him back to his house. Of course, right as I was nearing his house, he woke up.

"W-Wither?" He asked, looking up at me. I blushed as I realized that he knew I was carrying him. "Why are you carrying me?"

"You almost drowned and were unconscious, I couldn't think of any other way to get you back home," I explained.

"Oh," he said. Then, after a short pause, "C-can you put me down?"

I nodded and put him down, and we walked back the rest of the short way to his house.

"Go upstairs and dry off and change out of those wet clothes, you could get hypothermia," I said. He nodded and went upstairs. I waited about fifteen minutes and he still hadn't come down. I decided to go upstairs and see what was taking him so long. I went to the correct door for his bedroom, and knocked.

"Skelly? You okay in there?"

"I'm fine, just leave!"

"What? Why? Are you okay?"

"I'm alright, just leave me alone!"

If he was alright, then why would he want to be left alone? I opened the door, and looked over at him. He was staring at something on his right arm, which didn't have the sleeve over it. He didn't even seem to notice I came in...